PDA

View Full Version : Another Question For Hyperframe Owners.

luke
02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Ok, at this point this is only an idea; I haven’t done any design or research in the matter. If the feedback is positive, I will go ahead and look into making it happen, it’s up to you.

Question 1: Would you be interested in a mod that involves switching your Hyperframe electronics into an Intel or Y frame?

A couple of things to consider, you would provide both frames and custom grips will have to also be purchased. (Probably from me :D )

Question 2: What price range would you consider doing such a mod?

evildead420
02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
defently on a Y frame, intelli too but on a Y Frame, super sick.

sorry, i wouldnt know the price range :p just affordable

JimmyBeam
I would love to have my intelli turned into a hyperframe!!

JoshK
Maybe in a vert frame...but me personally probly not. (im number one!!!)

EDIT: dang my stupid internet... :(

saml604
02-09-2005, 10:07 PM
You should get a very positive response on this one. There seems to be a lot of interest here lately for something like this.

mark_1791
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Definitly! For $$...Id say about $100 maximum. And make the grips good! I want, like dye stickys or something...

JoshK
02-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I had to rethink my answer...I would do it I guess...Im just too poor

mark_1791
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Actually what needs to happen is have the intelliframe made so it can be used in the Devilmag! :D

If only, if only...*sigh*....

JimmyBeam
02-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Actually what needs to happen is have the intelliframe made so it can be used in the Devilmag! :D

good point. can the predator board fit into a 45 grips like the intelli?

Enemy
02-10-2005, 12:51 AM
its not the predator board that is taking up the room it is the noid and swicth!! ie most grips just dont have the room for the noid!! pred boards are small really small!! but with a 9volt and the noid also having to be stuffed in there theres not much room!! luke if you could do a y grip that would be awesome maybe 100 bucks for the mod if both frames are included!! but i dont see it being under 350 without both frames being supplied!!

luke
02-10-2005, 09:00 AM
A couple of things to consider, you would provide both frames and custom grips will have to also be purchased. (Probably from me :D )

I'm just suggesting that I offer services to do the mod. ;)

(And supply the Grip panels.)

tyrion2323
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
at the price it's going to cost to get this done (100 for intelli, 150 for hyperframe, 100 for services) why not just buy a devil-frame? Better internals, faster, same approximate price...

Sk8ermog
02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah I think the best way to do this would be to get the guts of the hyperframe from Centerflag and then have people send in thier I-Frames. To make it even cheaper you should look into getting a spyder electric frame and just get the guts from one of those cause they are a lot cheaper and pretty much the exact same thing. Then people can send them into Devil Den for the Pred board upgrade to make an I-Frame Devilmag.

It's really all about just mounting that noid just right so it trips the sear and finding a way to get the trigger to hit the on/off switch. Should be an easy mod and would just need some mounting parts. There was a thread about this being done in a Logic vert frame which has the same space and mounting bar in the middle as the I-frame.

You know I'm behind any ideas you come up with Luke. So count on me to pick one up if you get it to work. Just don't kill yourself trying it. ;)

luke
02-10-2005, 09:42 AM
at the price it's going to cost to get this done (100 for intelli, 150 for hyperframe, 100 for services) why not just buy a devil-frame? Better internals, faster, same approximate price...

If your a typical mag user you have frames laying all over the place.

Personally I have:
2 Benchys
2 Intels
1 Y
1 Hyper
1 Stock AGD (CF)

i have 3 working Mags. ;)

luke
02-10-2005, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Sk8ermog]Yeah I think the best way to do this would be to get the guts of the hyperframe from Centerflag and then have people send in thier I-Frames. To make it even cheaper you should look into getting a spyder electric frame and just get the guts from one of those cause they are a lot cheaper and pretty much the exact same thing. Then people can send them into Devil Den for the Pred board upgrade to make an I-Frame Devilmag.

I'll have to "pick your brain" on this if I decide to go ahead with it. :D

Enemy
02-11-2005, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE]

I'll have to "pick your brain" on this if I decide to go ahead with it. :D
i also think maybe trying to run a plunger solenoid similar to the emag except much smaller may give you the flexibility you need to for this but im not sure if a small soleniod can exert enough force for a plunger!! good luck!