PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Frame comparisons

mark_1791
02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
What are the good/bad things about all different mag electronic frames? Are they worth it?

Can anyone please compare the different ones, like hyperframe, emag lowers, etc.

Is the battery pack on the emag really that bad? Would it be better to get a Devilmag or a hyperframe? (is the Devilmag really worth the extra $400?)

I'm saving up to go electro and wondering the advantages of each one, to see if i can decide which of the different electronic frames to get.

Is going electro really worth it???

mark_1791
02-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Are there any alternatives to the hAir (since the hAir isnt coming out :cry: )?

trains are bad
02-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I was faced with a similar situation last year. you can:

Play with the xvalve. Should be fine 90% of the time. << cheapest
Buy emag lowers with good software. Bang, Emag.
Buy emag lowers and predator it, getting eyes.
Buy an xmag <<<easiest
Buy a devilmag.
Buy a 20bps hyperframe
Make a spydermag <<<<ghetto
Buy a different marker such as a shocker with a logic frame. <<< practical
Wait for hAir <<<N/A
wait for MQ valve for mag
Make your own electronic frame because you hate waiting, don't really like the other options so you decided to spend way too much time and money making a one/off, and you wanted a ygrip anyway, which is what I ended up doing.

mark_1791
02-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Hrm...I guess a good thing to do would be buy emag lowers and use those until i can afford a devilmag, then ill sell the lowers and buy a devilmag...

'Course i dont have $$ for emag lowers either....... :cuss:

Shockers...well...i dont want to buy a new tank cuz i have a hp tank. i know u can use hp, but i eats away at the shocker internals or something...so i guess ill just stick with the mag :)

Oh yeah, and i couldnt afford a shocker either ;)

Skywalker
02-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Hrm...I guess a good thing to do would be buy emag lowers and use those until i can afford a devilmag, then ill sell the lowers and buy a devilmag...

'Course i dont have $$ for emag lowers either....... :cuss:

Shockers...well...i dont want to buy a new tank cuz i have a hp tank. i know u can use hp, but i eats away at the shocker internals or something...so i guess ill just stick with the mag :)

Oh yeah, and i couldnt afford a shocker either ;)

Your best bet would be to do what you said. Buy E-mag lowers for now, then sell them when you have enough money for a devilmag. Personally, I'm waiting on Coolhand to make an electro version of his mag frame.

Also, they recommend that you use hp tanks for shockers, b/c the vert maxflo will regulate it for you.

kurama
02-10-2005, 02:15 AM
The emag lowers are fine, and not really worth going from emag to devil. Eyes are the biggest advantage, but that is solved with Level X. For a cheap way, make a spydermag.