PDA

View Full Version : level 10 hits balls hard

bigredbullseye
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey guys,

My question comes after searching for the answer and not finding it.

My current set up is level 10 bolt kit with the correct carrier and o-ring combo but no shims

Problem:
I replaced the power tube o-ring with AGD parts kits o-rings and re-assembled the marker. During the test firing, I noticed that the bolt was hitting the paint much harder than it previously did before. So I thought, use the longer spring for the LVL10. The bolt became softer, but was still too hard for the paint. On average the gun was shooting at 275-280fps.

Question:
Could the new power tube o-ring I installed prevent the bolt from fully doing its job? Do the shims produce a softer hit on the balls?

In other words, does adding shims in the LVL10 setup make the bolt softer?

Rift
02-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Just a question how are you basing your idea that the bolt is being to hard on paint? Are you actually testing it on paint or are you just sticking your finger in there? Because if your putting your finger in there its gonna feel like its being hard, but when it actually comes in contact with a paintball it wont effect it much. The paintball will also be alot closer to the bolt then your finer would be.

bigredbullseye
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Im basing on the fact that the feel of the bolt is now much harder than it once was, I have seen more chops now than before and that it could crack my squeegee when it hits it. all with the long spring too.

calcan311
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
More shims makes the bolt vent earlier. Too many will cause your bolt to leak.

TheTramp
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Im basing on the fact that the feel of the bolt is now much harder than it once was, I have seen more chops now than before and that it could crack my squeegee when it hits it. all with the long spring too.

These something very wrong if you could crack anything hard like a squeegee even if you had the shortest spring in there. The longest spring should stop on a rolled up dollar bill.

I have no idea why a new carrier o-ring would mess things up so completely. Perhaps you put it back together incorrectly.

deadeye9
02-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Adding shims should slow down the bolt. It's not uncommon to have to add a shim after replacing the o-ring that fits inside the carrier. I've been having problems with the bolt hitting the paint too hard and I'm going to try this.

danheneise
02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
level 10 hits balls hard

OUCH!!! well your not supposed to stiick those in the breech dude... oh you meant PAINTballs lol

what size of spring are you using and what's your velocity, too short of a spring with a higher velocity and it will "hit" them hard. also too big of a carrier will also cause this too.

deadeye9
02-11-2005, 09:10 AM
You might also want to try going down one carrier size.
That might add a little extra friction and slow the bolt down.

bigredbullseye
02-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I switched the old o-ring back in place of the new one that I put in
hopefully this will help a lil bit, but ill have to get some shims and try that too

thanks for the help.