PDA

View Full Version : Squeegee Rubbed Off In Barrel?!?

xmetal2001
11-14-2001, 05:06 PM
Hmmmmm....I just ran my squeegee through my barrel(once) and the rubber part rubbed on in my barrel and left black streaks. This happened once before and they are a pain to get out. Happen to anyone else? Is there anyway to keep it from doing that?

Phatty
11-14-2001, 06:13 PM
Get a nice cotton battle swab. Were you using one of those straight shot ones? I hated those.

CFD323
11-14-2001, 07:00 PM
I have a 14" boomy on my Emag. Are you talking about those cotton swabs that are flexible in the middle ?

I also had streaks from using my t-stick squeegee but they came out by just running a rag through the barrel. I would assume once you break paint in the barrel, and the barrel interior is wet, the squeegee won't leave marks. My squeegee only left marks when I inserted it, not when I pulled it out. My barrel was dry at the time too. ( I was checking to see if my squeegee would reach the whole length of the barrel.)

Cliffio
11-14-2001, 07:04 PM
battle swabs are nice for the field but i find that they dont really do the job of cleaning, i mean they are really handy on the field, but get a nice pull threw, i love them, i think they do the best job

later
Cliff