PDA

View Full Version : The LPR on spool valve guns... can anyone explain

andreb
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
So I was wondering... My Proto has an LPR as do all the other spool valve designs from Dye and Gen-e.

Now, the Shocker doesn't have one why is that so? Is it the same thing as with the Impulse? I'm pretty familiar with that because I'm a former Bushy owner and have read about the disadvantages of not running an LPR on a stacked tube design gun, but how does that work in the case of spool valve guns?

So the Shocker simply takes let's say 180-200 psi (guessing) and delivers that straight to the solenoid? Is the noid moded in any way like the Impulses are so it can withstand more pressure?

In the case of spoll valve guns with an LPR, is ALL of the air that is going into the gun LP (65-80 psi) or do some parts of the gun receive some air directly from the HPR at about 200 psi?

Sorry for the many questions...

Best regards,

André

Lohman446
02-10-2005, 02:59 PM
So I was wondering... My Proto has an LPR as do all the other spool valve designs from Dye and Gen-e.

Now, the Shocker doesn't have one why is that so? Is it the same thing as with the Impulse? I'm pretty familiar with that because I'm a former Bushy owner and have read about the disadvantages of not running an LPR on a stacked tube design gun, but how does that work in the case of spool valve guns?

So the Shocker simply takes let's say 180-200 psi (guessing) and delivers that straight to the solenoid? Is the noid moded in any way like the Impulses are so it can withstand more pressure?

In the case of spoll valve guns with an LPR, is ALL of the air that is going into the gun LP (65-80 psi) or do some parts of the gun receive some air directly from the HPR at about 200 psi?

Sorry for the many questions...

Best regards,

André

Actually, right on one of the plates in the marker, whoever manufactured it stamped do not exceed 100PSI - it might have been 150 but it always struck me as odd

magman007
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
they do make lpr's for shockers, and honestly i dont understand why they do not use them. the lpr controls the air to the solenoid, which disperses air to move the bolt. the lowering of this air, makes the bolt softer on paint. remember, the first trixes came without lpr's and had chopping issues... why the shocker doesnt run one is beyone me....

andreb
02-10-2005, 03:11 PM
yeah, I've seen those aftermarket LPRs for Shockers... What I didn't know is that Matrix's in the past didn't have LPRs.

Thanx

magman007
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
not a problem, yes the origional matrixes, the old diablo ones, with the pewter grips etc, old *** led's did not come with lpr's, they were later retrofitted, but yea

Korrosion
02-10-2005, 03:22 PM
In a proto the lpr controls the amount of air pressure that is used to move the bolt sail back and forth. A higher pressure will allow the bolt to cycle faster but make chopping more likely. Properly set the lpr will allow the dump chamber to empty completly on every shot, improperly set (to high) could lead to chops, (to low) will give bolt stick, and erratic velocity. Check this link on MO for a little more info:http://forums.matrixowner.com/viewtopic.php?t=7707

Outbreak
02-11-2005, 01:23 AM
The addition of an LPR to a Shocker will serve to drop the solenoid's incoming pressure down below the stock levels, however let it be noted that the marker's solenoid already functions at only 90-psi without an LPR (this is a function of the solenoid inserts). This means that you will be able to drop it perhaps 15-20 psi at most.

For that reason it's really redundant to use an LPR on a shocker. I know my 2k4 Tadao'd shocker has never had a problem with the most brittle of tourney paint or chopping issues.

....Not the mention the fact they're FUGLY on shockers.