http://img126.exs.cx/img126/1796/im0000362df.jpg

So is this :)
http://img126.exs.cx/img126/8571/windowrust9ow.jpg

tony3
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Is that rust under the floor mats?

WickeDKlowN
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Nice. MY friends getting a '90 Jeep YJ(with the 6-cyl) tomorrow after school. We're goin muddin' Monday :headbang:

PyRo
02-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Is that rust under the floor mats?
Yup, drivers floor is rotted. Remove interior, cut it out in a nice square, cut a piece of sheet metal into same size/shape, weld in, grind it down, put bedliner in the tub and it's all set.

PyRo
02-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Nice. MY friends getting a '90 Jeep YJ(with the 6-cyl) tomorrow after school. We're goin muddin' Monday :headbang:
I cannot go mudding, no four wheel :(
Whoever thought of vacuum locking hubs should be shot, i'd rather get out to lock them then have to replace the damn lines.

That's what that is.
92 YJ, 103k, 6cyl, 5spd, new clutch, nice cd player, hard top and bikini top with cover
Has a broken AC, some rot on the window frame, dome light and rear wiper are out, the rims are rotting, and the four wheel needs to be fixed.

fire1811
02-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I cannot go mudding, no four wheel :(

a jeep without 4WD is like a bike without a peddal :D

j/k
nice rig
you can still have plenty of fun it it.

PyRo
02-10-2005, 07:34 PM
It will get four wheel, I just have to replace the vac lines. As I said whoever decided on that system should be hung.
First I have to get it started, he failed to mention he had an alarm with an ignition kill in it or how to turn it off. Looks like lots of crawling under the dash for me, I hate removing friggen alarms.

WickeDKlowN
02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I need to figure out how to disable the alarm in my truck. It's the factory kind but my locks are kinda screwed up so unless I unlock the passenger door first it goes off.

Warewolf50
02-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I need to figure out how to disable the alarm in my truck. It's the factory kind but my locks are kinda screwed up so unless I unlock the passenger door first it goes off.

haha thats awesome, jsut thinking about that is making me laugh.

gibby
02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
a jeep without 4WD is like a bike without a peddal...

A bike without pedals can still be ridden ;)

Bike without Pedals (http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/video/adam.wmv)

fire1811
02-11-2005, 02:28 PM
yes but only in a circle :p

gibby
02-11-2005, 02:36 PM
yes but only in a circle :p
Now you're getting picky :p

Actually, there's a few instances where he rides it straight. :)

fire1811
02-11-2005, 02:40 PM
yeah
that was a pretty sweet video

but I can do that too........ :rolleyes:

CaliWagon31
02-11-2005, 02:43 PM
booo, no square headlights

SCpoloRicker
02-11-2005, 03:46 PM
booo, no square headlights

I hope you have a CJ...

Pyro, have you looked at the Warn hub kits? Goes back to manual lock-em style hubs.

Also, does it have the Dana 30 / 35C combo or did you get a 44 in the rear?

PyRo
02-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I havn't looked to see what I have yet and I think that kit is about $800.

-Tab
02-11-2005, 09:28 PM
oooo....jeeps are sooo much fun

my 'rents have a '97 CJ-5(it says TJ-5, but i he says it came from out of country is why - who knows)

it's also some sahara edition.
they bought primarily for plowing snow in the parking lot at our store and hauling pallets to the dump.

but don't worry, it has PLENTY of mud-boggin' and offroading under its belt - thanks to me :D

maglover728
02-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Yeah, the TJ and YJ are the newer Jeeps. I am not sure of the exact years but the CJ5 line from 72 to 86 I think. My CJ5 was a '74 with a 4 speed tranny and a 304ci V8. That thing was unstoppable!

PyRo
02-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah, the TJ and YJ are the newer Jeeps. I am not sure of the exact years but the CJ5 line from 72 to 86 I think. My CJ5 was a '74 with a 4 speed tranny and a 304ci V8. That thing was unstoppable!
Unstoppable untill you put it on it's side you mean :)
The last year for the CJ7 was 86 when AMC sold the Jeep to Crystler who scrapped the CJ and made the Wrangler. The YJ ran 87-96 and the TJ began in 97 and is still being made.
Found a quick fix to the alarm problem, turns out they disconnected the dome lights somehow they rewired the switches into the alarm, so disconnecting the dome light switchs prevents the alarm from going off. Then when it does go off leave the key on disconnect the battery and reconnect. That's how it's going to be done until I have time to sort out the absolute mess they made of the wireing.
The four wheel vacuum lines are completley shreaded, I have to figure out if I want to spend $50 on a new vacuum harness or just run a few vacuum lines.
I think the guages not working may or may not be related to a tailight bulb being out, i've heard they are on the same fuse and can be pickly like that. The temp guage pegs when you turn the lights on so that's backfeeding somewhere maybie i'll try adding another ground and see if that helps any.
It will get together, and it will be fun :)

Bear_Claw
02-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a troublshooting nightmare good luck to ya.

Lohman446
02-12-2005, 08:45 AM
And people think self installed alarms are so great - umm include most of the big box installs in self installs.

I run a service department, I can tell you those things cost people a lot of money in repairs :D

PyRo
02-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I run a service department, I can tell you those things cost people a lot of money in repairs :D
And I can tell you if it pisses me off enough i'll rip everything out and put a carb on it :)
4x4 is going, cost $8 in vacuum lines and their are two more I want to replace just to be safe so $16 to fix that, I should probably get bigger line and do a better job, the way I have it rigged isn't the greatest.
Guages arn't the reverse lights, the light for the guages that is out doesn't turn on either so their is somthing wrong their. I'm going to go ground the sending units in a minute and confirm it.

PyRo
02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Most of the interior is in my basement and cleaned now. I still have to pull the rear seat belts, speakers, and the carpet under them. Then I get to remove the rest of the dash to take care of the rust under their and find where the water is getting in. Then it's floor patching time :)

PyRo
02-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Update:
Damned alarm is out. Damned if i'm paying anyone to do it for me, I bet I did a better job plugging up all the holes, removing everything carefully putting wireing harnesses and such out of the way, and using solderless connectors with greese to keep it from ever corroding as opposed to twisting the wires together with some electric tape which so many "prefessionals" do.
http://img28.exs.cx/img28/570/alarm4qd.jpg

Had to take the dash apart just a little to get to it. Note how rusted it is. Also note the niftey kill switch that I decided to install while everything was apart.
http://img28.exs.cx/img28/3015/interiorfront5zo.jpg

I'm getting another hurst knob for the transfer case, or rather i'm steeling it back from a friend. I mentiond it would look cool to have one on the trasfer case so he took my spare and stick it on his.
http://img28.exs.cx/img28/3015/interiorfront5zo.jpg

Discovered a leak running down the dash so now the entire dash is comming out and being derusted and painted. Leak is being hunted down, probably the cowl seal, lack of ends on the cowl seal, or the vent box.
I called the stealership today and they kindly told me to bend over and no I cannot have any lube please. $180 for the printed circuit board on the back of the guage cluster (that other people get from the dealer for about $30, why this one is so expensive I don't know. $120 for the cowl seal (a peice of rubber about 5ft long, 5/8 thick, and 2in wide that quadretech sells for $30), $140 each for door gaskets which quadratech sells for $40 each. I kindly told them I was not in the mood for such a reaming. I did get the gaskets for the back windows from them for $15 each however so not all was lost.

skife
02-14-2005, 09:14 PM
aluminum dash time?

PyRo
02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
aluminum dash time?
Those are ugly as sin, it's semi-gloss or flat black time.

Someone on the jeep forum just gave me a great idea though. All that the printed circuit board does is make it so the cluster comes out with one harness, I can just splice the wires and put them directly into the gauges then the board is only used for lights.

joez
02-14-2005, 11:18 PM
The YJ ran 87-96 and the TJ began in 97 and is still being made.

Sorry, WRONG!! There is NO 1996 TJ or YJ, 1996 there were no SWB jeeps produced. There is a 1995 YJ and a 1997 TJ, no 96. The YJ's that remained after the year was up were still sold as the 95's they were, and there was nothing prduced due to the TJ's delay. Production started again 8 months later with the TJ as a '97.

PyRo
02-14-2005, 11:22 PM
I was close enough :)

PyRo
02-17-2005, 07:02 PM
The cowl gasket came today although I discovered yesturday that my cowl gasket isn't what was leaking, the drain tube for the heater was clogged even though I thought I cleared it.
The door seal is on backorder until the first week of march which sucks.
Picked up a set of half doors for $100, just have to put mirrors on them :)
Got my steering wheel puller tonight so now I can get the dash off, hopefully I can get most of it together this weekend. The biggest thing is I have to find a torch to bend the bumper back.

I broke my sk t45 torx driver (I have a box of broken tools to send back to them anyway) so I bought a craftsman because sears is close to return things too. I've broken two of theirs so far and havn't had a bolt budge yet. I think when I get this on the road i'm going to take the jeep to sears and just keep running out to the parking lot and wrecking them to see how many I get before they refuse to honor the warrenty (at which point I will demand a refund).

spazzed
02-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Wish I would have seen this thread sooner Pyro, I could have told you about the Heater drain tube. I've got a '98, and it's an anual thing. Couple times of year I've gotta blow that sucker out. Pain in the bum, but it's worth it. Sounds like you've got a nice rig in the making, keep up the good work, and welcome to the family :)

Gibs, nice riding in that video...now where the hell's yours? :p

PyRo
02-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Just cut the end of the tube off and it cannot clog anymore :)
Or put a screen under the vent.

PyRo
02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
http://img236.exs.cx/img236/5300/floorcutout0yt.jpg
It's amazing how many more holes pop up once you start to hit it with the wheel. Atleast it's an easy piece to replace, it only starts to angle up in one place.

PyRo
02-20-2005, 09:40 PM
:)
http://img235.exs.cx/img235/4051/im0000462ae.jpg

bleachit
02-20-2005, 09:43 PM
nice job.... maybe I should come to you when I need to "pimp my ride" or pehaps when my car needs a lil "overhaulin"

:rolleyes: at myself

PyRo
02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
nice job.... maybe I should come to you when I need to "pimp my ride" or pehaps when my car needs a lil "overhaulin"

:rolleyes: at myself
Hey it's not the greatest job in the world but it sure beats a lot of the other ones out there and it's not going to rot again.
Ever see people rivit, screw, or even glue a piece of metal right over the hole? Some of them dont' even use metal, a piece of heavy rubber or plastic works too, the best was the duct tape I saw.

gc82000
02-20-2005, 10:21 PM
the best was the duct tape I saw.
what is wrong with that. :tard: