PDA

View Full Version : paypal q

p00
02-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey guys,
Ok, so, I recently signed up for a paypal account, but I don't have a credit card. Now, I bought some stuff on ebay and the dudes only take paypl. I figure I could probably ask them very politely if I could pay with a Money Order, but that would be too much work, so instead, I'm posting this incredibly long thread here. So, anyway, a friend of mine has a credit/debit card and I thought to myself, "Hey, self, apples are awesome... maybe I could use his credit card and use it to pay the dudes through paypal!" I've seen people paying for things with credit cards through paypal, and a lot of the time, when people sell things here they sometimes have warnings saying something to the effect of "I take paypal, but only if they pay the 3% or whatever for credit cards". So, I was wondering, how do I pay with just a credit card, without verifying my account? I don't want to verify my account with my friends card, but, is it possible to use his card to send money? Thanks in advance guys.

dahvaio
02-11-2005, 05:03 PM
No way to pay with credit-card without verifying your account. Second, I do not believe you can verify someone elses credit card onto your account.

The other option you have is to link your PayPal account to a checking account....

You can have your friend open up a PayPal account and then verify it to pay with CC.

You can also send money to your Paypal account...

joez
02-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I used paypal for a long time without being verfied, and yes, i paid with a credit card.

MarkM
02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
In the US the sellers can't legally charge you 3% for using Paypal or credit cards it is against the rules

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-surcharges.html

Though it is allowed in the UK but only if you take credit cards as part of your normal trading. But not for electronic money transfer which Paypal is so lots of sellers are still breaking the rules.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-list.html#14

dahvaio
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I stand corrected... yes you can send money with a CC without being verified.... However, you have to register a credit card in order to send money.. Don't know if Paypal will let you register someone elses CC, give it a try... Your limit will be $2000 and then once you reach that limit you have to be verified in order to send anymore..

Personally, I think that people who charge the 3% are dishonest... If they do not want to lose the 3% then they should not accept PayPal payments...

WickeDKlowN
02-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I used paypal for a long time without being verfied, and yes, i paid with a credit card.
Me too.

Tunaman
02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I stand corrected... yes you can send money with a CC without being verified.... However, you have to register a credit card in order to send money.. Don't know if Paypal will let you register someone elses CC, give it a try... Your limit will be $2000 and then once you reach that limit you have to be verified in order to send anymore..

Personally, I think that people who charge the 3% are dishonest... If they do not want to lose the 3% then they should not accept PayPal payments...It has nothing to do with being dishonest. It is a convienience to the buyer by using paypal. Your 3% will get the item paid for and shipped long before the money order would arrive. And it is actually more than 3%. Its .35+2.9% in the USA and 3.9% for international orders like canada. So with ebay fees and Paypal fees it starts to get quite substantial.