PDA

View Full Version : Pewter grip panels

PsychoMag
11-14-2001, 05:38 PM
anyone see those pewter grip panels that are skulls?? I want a set, but they look uncomfortable...

MajorDamage
11-14-2001, 05:40 PM
Cool! They need to make some with flames on them!

ENDO!

jah871
11-14-2001, 05:56 PM
if u look at the screw then the skulls they dont look like they pertrude out any. they look like there were printed, or however they did it, on the grip panel. it looks like they printed them on in to make it look 3D.

PsychoMag
11-14-2001, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by jah871
if u look at the screw then the skulls they dont look like they pertrude out any. they look like there were printed, or however they did it, on the grip panel. it looks like they printed them on in to make it look 3D.

they are actually carved, I have seen other pics. They also have cobras.

Phatty
11-14-2001, 06:10 PM
What was the site for those again?

Bartleby
11-14-2001, 06:23 PM
those are pretty cool. the only reason i would get them is if i were to hang my gun on a wall and never use it again. i mean those things look damn unconfortable and i think that the company charges like 60 bucks a set. :D

shartley
11-14-2001, 06:34 PM
Personally, I don't see how they would be too uncomfortable. Your gloves will help anyway.

But I don't think they are carved, they are more than likely cast.

I think the looks are GREAT! My Father works with pewter, and I am sure I could make up some one of a kind grip panels. You know single casts. Might be something to look into in the future. Of course I guess I could also make them out of wood too?

I know I would be ticked pink to have them, and you could even have several sets and swap them out by how you feel that particular day.

hmmmmmmm Me thinks plans may be forming in the next couple years. ;)

shartley
11-14-2001, 06:48 PM
LOL This took me by surprise.... I saw someone moved it, so I clicked to see where..... I thought maybe to Friendly, but to Tech? LOL

Not that I care, but it just struck me as being funny. :D Would be interesting to hear the reason though. LOL

PsychoMag
11-14-2001, 07:37 PM
since when did this become a tech thread??

oh well

shartley
11-14-2001, 07:43 PM
LOL Funny isn't it?

I still think they are pretty darn nice. :)

PsychoMag
11-14-2001, 08:38 PM
they are on sale for $49 normally $120. Might look sweet on the black intelliframe...hmmmm...and I just got a sweet new set of DYE clear stickies......

:)

Fullmetalstraitjacket
11-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Can you post the website that has these? I like...

Z mag
11-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Where are those sold at?

dogEmedic
11-15-2001, 10:59 AM
http://www.paintballpins.com/
I think these are the guys that sell them, they are nice looking but i wonder how much weight they add.

BlackVCG
11-15-2001, 04:34 PM
Moving back to Main... Why this was moved to tech escapes me.

MINIMAGMAN
11-15-2001, 04:59 PM
they also have really cool pendants and it comes with 24 inch stainless steel bead chain, the one they use in the army, and its only 18 bux for a really cool pendant of a hand holding a pod!

jah871
11-15-2001, 06:09 PM
ya they look like they would be very uncomfy and would add a significant amount of wait to the frame, becuz pewter is a very heavy meatal.

EvilErnie
11-15-2001, 09:50 PM
Cant add that much weight to my already heavy RT! whats a few more ounces! They will make a great addition to my Evil RT!:D

Drew
11-15-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by PsychoMag
they are on sale for $49 normally $120. Might look sweet on the black intelliframe...hmmmm...and I just got a sweet new set of DYE clear stickies......

:)

where do I get them:confused:

and do they make them to fit a Beretta 92FS?:eek:

EvilErnie
11-15-2001, 11:37 PM
Its just a standard 45 grip. It should work. The address is http://www.paintballpins.com/ I bet it will work.:)

PsychoMag
11-16-2001, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by EvilErnie
Cant add that much weight to my already heavy RT! whats a few more ounces! They will make a great addition to my Evil RT!:D Hey, my RT is light, after removing the senseless sight rail, foregrip, barrel, and valve assembly, you have a nice lightweight RT :)

I just cant figure out why when i pull the trigger the balls kinda "roll" out the front?? :p

cphilip
11-16-2001, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Moving back to Main... Why this was moved to tech escapes me.

Me too...

shartley
11-16-2001, 07:52 AM
Drew,
Actually, I don't see how they would fit the Beretta96F. I think people are confusing the standard .45 Grip with grips for different types of sidearms. I have used BOTH and know there is quite a difference in the grips and frames. (Beretta is my baby!)

You can not take a standard .45 Grip and put it on the Beretta96F, the Centurion, or any other Beretta frame (to my knowledge) because they are NOT standard .45 frames. The same is true with a Glock, and other Brands of sidearms.

When shopping for grips I usually went directly to the grip section of the gun shops and found grips made FOR the Beretta and similar models (such as the Taurus which is basically the same thing... looks, feel, action, etc. But it is NOT a Beretta. ;))

Something like them WOULD be sweet though. You would have a "Punisher" or "Phantom" thing going on. :D

Hope this helps.

Drew
11-16-2001, 08:26 PM
Something like them WOULD be sweet though. You would have a "Punisher" or "Phantom" thing going on. :D

that was the whole idea:D

I know the .45 grips won't fit the Beretta, my question was do they make any that will fit?

actually I never did care for the 1911, I prefer my HK USP:D