PDA

View Full Version : Question for AGD (Tom)

paintboy
11-14-2001, 06:18 PM
I signed up to Automags Online SOLELY to ask you this question! :-) It has been bugging me since I got my MicroMag. How do you feel about ProTeam Products? Do you think that they are stealing business from you? I know that if I had not bought a MicroMag, I would currently have an Automag... They make a mag, they make a WarpFeed..? Does this make you angry or are you on good relations with them? (Or is this one of those questions that you can't answer... :-) )

Thanks,

Chad

(p.s. Dan, we'll miss you at rogue!)

Army
11-14-2001, 06:53 PM
Shucks, most everyone here can answer this one!

AGD has had an agreement with Pro-Team for quite a while; AGD will make the valves, Pro-Team will make the guns. AGD will make their version of the Warp Feed, Pro-Team makes theirs with AGD parts,(the location of the sensor is the main difference).

AGD has also contracted with Benchmark in the past, they are the ones who made the Z-grip to AGD specifications:cool:

AGD
11-14-2001, 06:58 PM
Paintboy,

First of all welcome to AO!! Where you can actually get real answers to your questions.

I don't think that you realize that we make the stuff Pro Team sells. Just like WDP really makes the Dark Angels that Warped Sports sells. This is exactly like GM having Toyota make cars for them etc.

We do it because companies like Pro Team and Bad Boyz Toyz do lots of custom stuff in low quantities that we can't do. We generally have to do 1000 of everything so cut and carved gets hard.

Does that answer your question?

AGD

e21bgl
11-14-2001, 07:04 PM
:)

paintboy
11-15-2001, 05:38 PM
i appreciate it! It has cleared a bunch of things up. I thought they were just stealing ideas. i can sleep now that i know that it is not the case :) i think that it's all quite interesting, really.