PDA

View Full Version : Free cd-rw program

Halliday
02-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Back when I was using WinME, life with my cdrs and cd-rw's was good. I ran some Adaptec program that came with my computer. It wrote and deleted files with ease.

Now I've moved on to XPpro, and my cds and cd-rw's are unbearable. The Adaptec program will not run under XP. I'm using the cd writer built into XP. It takes several minutes to write a simple file, and I can't delete a file off a cd-rw without erasing thw whole disk! :cuss:

Is there some free program out there that can help me out? I'd rather not have to buy a program, but I can.

WickeDKlowN
02-11-2005, 03:41 PM
burnatonce (http://burnatonce.com/).

NOt sure on how it handles RW's specifically, but it's a great program.

Halliday
02-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank you. I'll check it out.

Tunaman
02-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Back when I was using WinME, life with my cdrs and cd-rw's was good. I ran some Adaptec program that came with my computer. It wrote and deleted files with ease.

Now I've moved on to XPpro, and my cds and cd-rw's are unbearable. The Adaptec program will not run under XP. I'm using the cd writer built into XP. It takes several minutes to write a simple file, and I can't delete a file off a cd-rw without erasing thw whole disk! :cuss:

Is there some free program out there that can help me out? I'd rather not have to buy a program, but I can.
My Plextor does the same thing. No worky on XP. I did download the program suggested below and it seems ok.

WickeDKlowN
02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
I used it for awhile, but switched to NEro when I got my DVD+/-RW.

Halliday
02-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I've also found "DeepBurner" online. Free and Pro versions. The free one works nice. I've made a few cds today with it. It seems to have a lot less "spinup" time than XP's built in mumbo-jumbo.