PDA

View Full Version : sig p229r sa/da

bornl33t
02-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok, after another week of research I know for certain it's gotta be a sig p229 rail. I don't care if it's dak or sa/da but it's gotta have the rail. Now here's the thing, we have only ONE store that sells sigs within a 2 hour drive. And they never carry the 229r.

So I guess I'm going to have one shipped in. Does anyone know of a dealer that carries these that will shipp them to a local FFL dealer?

xXHavokXx
02-11-2005, 06:36 PM
www.gunbroker.com

find em there or good prices.

Destructo6
02-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Really, what's so important about the rail? I can't imagine actually mounting anything to it. Learn to use a flashlight in your support hand and forget the rail.

I would be much more concerned with the type of trigger pull.

Blennidae
02-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Really, what's so important about the rail?

If I remember correctly, the thread starter liked the look of the "hooked" trigger guard. The P229R has this, the standard P229 does not. Just a matter of preference I guess.

As for a dealer, I bought a Beretta from www.onpointfirearms.com in FL. They had excellent prices and great customer service. It was my first (and only, so far) online firearms purchase, and they made it a painless experience. I would have no hesitation buying from them again. For what its worth, they are highly recommended on sigforum.com.

bornl33t
02-11-2005, 07:59 PM
that's just it, both triggers are very nice. I would perfer a sa/da but the dak is fine too. The rail is purly for appearance, but I would not be happy if I conceaded to anything less then what I want. If I would I might as well go with a walther p99. It's a pretty sweet gun, but not exactly what I want. The p-99 would be ~200$ cheaper too :P

bornl33t
02-11-2005, 08:02 PM
If I remember correctly, the thread starter liked the look of the "hooked" trigger guard. The P229R has this, the standard P229 does not. Just a matter of preference I guess.

As for a dealer, I bought a Beretta from www.onpointfirearms.com in FL. They had excellent prices and great customer service. It was my first (and only, so far) online firearms purchase, and they made it a painless experience. I would have no hesitation buying from them again. For what its worth, they are highly recommended on sigforum.com.

awesome I did find EXACTLY what I wanted on gun broker, but I don't do ebay because of the whole bidding thing. I will call them and see what their asking price is and see if we can strike a deal but I'll definatly look at onpoint also. Do you by chance know what fees I need to pay for having a gun transfered? I don't have to pay taxes on a gun from out of state right?

Blennidae
02-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Do you by chance know what fees I need to pay for having a gun transfered? I don't have to pay taxes on a gun from out of state right?

No taxes on a gun purchased from out of state. You pay for shipping (I believe it has to be either overnight or 2 day), pay the local FFL the transfer fee (this varies from FFL to FFL) and the DROS fee. I think the transfer fee includes the background check.

In my case, on the particular model Beretta I purchased, I saved at least $100 even with all the fee's by buying online. California sucks in more than one way when it comes to firearms purchases. :mad:

I think you will have better luck tracking down a sa/da than a DAK. I think all the DAK's will be going to fill contract orders.

bornl33t
02-11-2005, 09:05 PM
awesome! That's not bad at all!

I found a p229r chambered for the .40 s&w with 3 highcaps and night sights for ~700$ plus fees. That's a sweet deal really considering the best price I can find locally is 660$ plus tax for a 229 no rail, no sights and only 2 standart clips.