PDA

View Full Version : bonusballs?

wanna-b-ballin'
02-11-2005, 10:22 PM
has anybody heard of/shot a kind of paint called bonusball?
i'm going paintballing on sunday, and this is the kinda paint i can choose from. my barrel seems to be slightly small bore, so, does anybody have an opinion on what i should buy?

what bore size are the following balls?
-GAP
-PMI premiums
-bonusball

thankyou.

Chronobreak
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
not sure about the off rbands but pmi is generally a smaller bore

SAW
02-11-2005, 11:14 PM
The "exact" paint diameters are all but useless, the size of paint varies from batch to batch. In my experiences, PMI has usually been smaller paint. GAP is a tad larger; again, speaking from my experiences.
Your mileage will vary.

PBkilla123
02-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Yea pmi is usually smaller, and a good all around paintball.

coyote
02-23-2005, 12:09 AM
GAP runs about .687.

PaintballSmurf13
02-23-2005, 12:41 AM
i don't know about bore sizes... but i've seen bonusballz paintballs and it chopped like MAD... and i gave it a looksee and it really doesnt seem like good paint at all... and believe me..ive shot some BAD paint :shooting:

wanna-b-ballin'
02-23-2005, 01:08 PM
finnaly got around to replying.

they didn't have PMI premiums by the time i got there. they sold out.
so i went ahead and bought the cheaper bonusballs.
i shot about 1200 balls, and only 2-3 balls broke in the barrel.
they flew somewhat straight. kinda. at a distance, they started to curve in all directions. but for speedball they did alright

i have no idea why, but a string of them seems to be more accurate then just shooting 1 or 2 at a time. maybe its just me?

and why do people say balls chop like crazy? wouldn't it be the gun or the persons fault if they chop? like short stroking, or outshooting the hopper?
chopping is different then barrel breaks.

master_alexander
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
i don't know about bore sizes... but i've seen bonusballz paintballs and it chopped like MAD... and i gave it a looksee and it really doesnt seem like good paint at all... and believe me..ive shot some BAD paint :shooting:

on that same subject i went to wal mart one day and bought some of that big ball stuff by pmi... it looked like thos D instead of this O it was funny, and i molded some of it without it breaking into this ^ . it was horrible paint... no chops HA! you mean no shots. tep so there is my story.

~alex

alooney11
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE
i have no idea why, but a string of them seems to be more accurate then just shooting 1 or 2 at a time. maybe its just me?
QUOTE]

I am pretty sure if you are shooting an rt the velocity is more consistent during rapid fire becuase the vavle heats a bit and the pressure becomes more consistent.

ColdFuzion
02-23-2005, 04:38 PM
PMI Big Ball sucks goat nads... I did a science fair project that use Big Ball, and with my Boomy, the closest shot groupind I could get from 50 Feet was 11 inches... VL paint had a 3 in. grouping, and Game Face had 6 in... Some Wla-Mart paint shoots decent...

-Cold