PDA

View Full Version : Defective X-valve!!!

MMaglpc
02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
I just bought a x valve and i when i gassed it up it didnt fire. So i thought it was the on/off assembly or the shims so after doing all that, it still didnt work. So i took it to my local proshop and the airsmith said that he tried everything, and the reason why it wasnt firing was because the valve was defective. How bad does that suck. I had to miss a day of playing because of that garbage. Im sending it back for a new one, and i better not have to pay shipping again.

-Dissapointed Customer

BlackHalo
02-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Did you try turning up the velocity? What input pressure were you using? Did you oil it up?
Does your shop guy know the X-Valve?

Generally not firing isn't an on\off or shim(LVL X) problem. Doing all what?

abunkerer
02-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I highly doubt that it was "defective" you'd be suprised at what those guys at paintball shops know, most of the time it is not very much.

make sure you have a full tank with an output of 800+, put a couple drops of oil in/on the on/off pin and down the powertube and hook everything up. increase the velocity untill the bolt starts to cycle. If the bolt does not cycle then it is most likely a carrier issue, use the smallest spring and increase the size of your level 10 carrier, use the same carrier oring.
-See, easy, piece of cake.
The x-valve takes a few thousand shots to break in so give it a little time.

alooney11
02-12-2005, 08:22 PM
They test the valves before they ship them.

MMaglpc
02-13-2005, 02:45 AM
I dont know a lot about the valve could u guys show me what to do to get it going, and how do i get the parts to start working. Did u guys have similar problems?

maglover728
02-13-2005, 06:14 AM
First, with it fully assembled, put it in you mag and turn on the air. If nothing happens, take a 1/8" allen wrench insert it into the only hole in the back of the valve (looking at it with the barrel pointed away from you) and start turning the allen key clock wise. Give it about 1/2 turn and then try to fire it again. Keep turning this until she goes.

If she will not start to cycle, undo what I just suggested (turning the wrench counter clockwise back to about where you started from) and take the valve out. Remove the spring from the front of the bolt and replace it with a slightly shorter one. Shorter by 3/16 is a bout all you should need for this troubleshooting. Reassemble the valve and repeat step 1.

Repost here if this doesn't work. :cheers:

Alpha
02-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Gassed it up and didn't fire? Sounds more like a Level10 problem.

I know mine didn't come tuned from the factory. I dont know how they got it to chrony.

Anyways, please elaborate on teh problem. If your pulling the trigger adn nothign is happening, then stick your finger in the chamber and push the bolt back with your finger.

Does the gun click?

Lohman446
02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Are you using the right on - off, is this in an E-mag, a Retro mag, a classic mag?