PDA

View Full Version : Honest I searched - whats the fix for Freestyle FSDO

Lohman446
02-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, there was a new last week Freestyle in the shop today and it had horrible first shot drop off - if you let the marker sit for more than 30 seconds the first shot was worthless.. I heard there was a fix to it, I read it on these boards, and it involved the LPR if I recall I would have guessed it involved dwell and the HPR but no clue and didnt get into it. Anyways, Im supposed to have ideas tomorrow, any help would be appreciated

Goldie D Pimp
02-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Try the following things. I'd only try them one at a time though :)

Fresh battery

Make sure it's clean and lubed well

raise the hpr a little and lower the lpr slightly. Have your HPR too low OR you LPR too high will cause FSDO and sluggishness.

One of those things should do it.

trevorjk
02-12-2005, 05:18 PM
i had the same exact problem for a while...

2 things to make sure your doing and not doing.

on the valve stem (small metal peice that sits on the black oring where bolt slides onto) DO NOT! lube that peice.... dont know why but icd told me not to and it solved most of my FSDO problems.

and make sure you are useing a good lube, one that is very slick yet durable. if your useing a thicker lube thats kinda pastey(sp) then it wont work to well

and then dial in the regulators and you should be fine... before i traded my FS i had the first shot going hot, but id rather have 1 hot shot then 1 no shot

thorn
02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
nox lite reprogramming.

Conversekidz
02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
you said it

BRAND NEW GUN

The regs are not the greatest and take a couple of thousand shots to make them work good.