PDA

View Full Version : About paint chop?

Emag2005
02-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I got my marker back from agd they set my level 10 perfect. I put my finger to test it out and can barely feel it. But I was playing with inferno special effects paint and a couple of guys i knew was shooting the same thing. The dm4,angle,cocker, and matrix had no piant break in their gun. This paint is very brittle tested 5 balls with the drop test everyone broke once i did it with theirs to did the same thing. So i am wondering what could be my problem, what is the preasure hitting the ball for a Emag 80? and on a dm4 what is it hitting at 40? I was thinking it could be that my ule body is wrong and it is hitting the end of the barrel where you screw it in but feels pretty smooth. Also i am using a warp with the The big cell mod if that makes any diffrence

SAW
02-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Could you rephrase?

"the FitZ"
02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
for me crappy paint still=chops at high speeds
are you using the longest spring? I am using my smallest for the efficiency.

Skoad
02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
on very brittle paint level 10 can still chop, as balls can get pinched and still bust. The reason why the other guns didn't chop was because eyes don't even give it a chance to chop :)

1977FordBronco
02-12-2005, 09:13 PM
If im under the wrong impression let me know, but isn't a chop different than a barrel break, if so...were you actually chopping balls, or where they exploding in your barrel. If you are having barrel break, try using a barrel with a larger bore. I had some older paint that was very brittle and had about five breaks in two games. I switched my freak from a .689 to a .691 and didn't have a break the rest of the day.

peewee
02-13-2005, 01:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not super twitchy on the finger & have never chopped a ball with a Lvl 10, but have had several barrel breaks.

BeaverEater
02-13-2005, 03:13 AM
I could chop still, the LX is good, but its not perfect.

Enemy
02-13-2005, 04:22 AM
also your warp may have contributed to the problem. with force feeds you can actually break a ball in the breach and it seems like a chop!! i would have thought my xmag was chopping until i took the breach out to find the next three balls including the one chambered waiting to be shot were broke! but its just a guess and i was using a halo when that happened!

Emag2005
02-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Well i am getting my evil pipe kit by this friday and going to play sat. also i will change to the regular power feed to make sure that it can't be the warp feed. i did the barrel test and some times it just rolled out of the barrel so it could be bouncing in the barrel.

FireITup14
02-13-2005, 09:22 PM
does it break in the barrel or in the breech? if it is in the barrel its just consistency problems and you need to break in your valve.

Duck Hunt
02-13-2005, 09:45 PM
If you're warp feed isn't feeding all the way into the breech that MIGHT do it, turn up the sensitivty or intellifeed it. Other than that ITS USUALLY 60-80 PSI HITTING THE BALL that means it makes no difference gun wise.

Now you MAY have been out shooting your warp which the level 10 coooould chop if it wasn't set very light. The main thing to remember is, DO NOT OUT SHOOT YOUR HOPPER then you WONT chop balls.

Sean

Emag2005
02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I have the intellifed wire for my warp how do i adjust that? I opened a new bag and did the drop test one more time still 1-2. I also put them half way in the breach while the level 10 did it's job (I tested it with 20 paintballs). When i got my gun back from AGD they gave me a receipt that had three chronograph 284.7,284.6,285.3. I found out that the ball was barely snug for the back piece and the front piece would just roll right through(might be bouncing in the front) it also looks like it is breaking in the barrel or at the start not sure tho i will just empty 500 balls through it tomorrow and see what happens. I also notice that some times my tube for the warp feed would be half way empty and press the button for the manual overide and would not feed up intill i gave it a few shots. Should i flip around my disks to make them tighter?Thanks for all the help i guess this should be in the technical place now.

Edit: also i should mention i only shot it with half the barrel.