PDA

View Full Version : New To the Automag

scootermn
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi, :cheers: I'm considering an automag as my next gun, the question is though is that I am new to the Mag, What is a nice Mag to start out with, a 68 classic? What are some pitfalls or things I should watch out for when buying a used mag (being as this is the only way I can afford another marker) And for the last question, when I get the mag, is there anything I should do to it before firing, other than putting oil in the asa?

-Scooter

punkncat
02-12-2005, 06:39 PM
First off welcome to the forums.

A 68 classic is a good one to start with and is totally upgradable. Lvl 10 can be a bit tricky to mess with if you aren't mechanically inclined, but if you can read directions you are set. The X valve is wonderfully fast also....

BD_Paintball
02-12-2005, 06:48 PM
i would say to get a x-valve once you can. or just buy a used one with x-valve. the clasic valve can be annoying if you dont shoot it right b/c it will short stroke

EDIT: yay 1k posts

scootermn
02-12-2005, 06:51 PM
the level 10 is a bolt correct while the x-valve has a faster recharge rate, right? I should probably be looking in the BST forum right now to for a mag. . .

jtoothman25
02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
They are all a part of the valve. An Xvalve has level 10 built in. Level 10 is a way to not break paint.. It's so soft on paint, you can put your finger in there, and it wont hurt it. I've seen people try putting their tongue in the chamber to show how soft it is.... but I don't suggest trying that.

Buy a marker with Level 10, it's not very expensive after market too. Why do you want an Automag and not a spyder clone?

scootermn
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
hmm, the question why do I want a mag. . .
1. It's different ( I love new things that are made so completly different than anything else)
2. Reliability
3. Upgrades!

So you can put a level 10 bolt in a 68 classic?

Might I add, thank you for your help!

BD_Paintball
02-12-2005, 07:25 PM
yes u can put a lvl 10 in a classic. but if you have the extra $$ i would just go right to the x-valve and it has a lvl 10 and its much faster and lighter

mark_1791
02-12-2005, 07:27 PM
and x valve has responsive trigger

JoshK
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
But you have to remember, with a 68 you CAN use co2 (not recomended, but will work fine), but with a x-valve(or rt/emag valves) you NEED to use HPA...just letting yoou know that.

JoshK
02-12-2005, 07:32 PM
and x valve has responsive trigger

so does rt, and emag valve...

scootermn
02-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm not worried about HPA, I have a PMI Pure energy 72 and a 48 ci 3000 psi bottle set, its not much, but it does get the job done. . .
So, 68 classic with x-valve is what to look for?

JoshK
02-12-2005, 07:40 PM
yes...plus another good upgrade is a ule body (makes it lighter, and take autococker threads instead of automag threads)

scootermn
02-12-2005, 07:45 PM
sooo, basicly after an X-valve, and a ULE body, how much would actually be left of the original 68 classic? the rail?

jtoothman25
02-12-2005, 07:48 PM
rail, trigger frame.....

Creative Mayhem
02-12-2005, 08:07 PM
You shgould check out the Dealer's forum, RogueFactor has brand new Paradigm(RTPro) for cheap.

RogueFactor Paradigm (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163345)

If you have your heart set on a used mag, you may be able to get a used RTP for a decent price with some upgrades already. Good luck. Welcome to AO

scootermn
02-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the welcome! I am a regular over at the A5OG, (Yes, I do have an A-5, and do like it!!) I would really like to keep the A-5 and get a mag, so I will probably end up getting the 68 classic, get the X-valve and a ULE body after that! I really can't afford those R/T mags that you just linked, unless I sell the A-5, but who knows, maby after playing with a mag, I very well could sell the battleaxe!

Edit: would it be easier to build my own mag? The only forseen problem is, I have no customer support out here in southern minnesota other than AO. so putting some of it together could be hard, but would it be worth it?
Edit #2: wow. . . just looked on ebay at X-valves, 200 dollars?! wow. . .

spasticsquirrel
02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
did your a-5 have major accuracy problems?
mine did...

scootermn
02-12-2005, 10:39 PM
nope, it shoots beutifully, you didn't by any chance have a flatline did you? and here is my second question for all of you. Where can I find a website that has all the parts needed to build a mag? I was thinking something like a level 7 bolt with a R/T valve, these would go together correct?

SAW
02-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Yes, they would. Talk to any of the dealers: Tunaman, Rogue, Classicmagger (I think he usually has stuff).

mark_1791
02-12-2005, 11:01 PM
so does rt, and emag valve...
I was talking about the classic valve not having it.

JoshK
02-12-2005, 11:34 PM
ok...and i was just telling him that those do also...just so you know, the performance of emag, and rt valves are the same as x-valves...the only difference is alot of rt valves do not accept ult...and the xvalves are lighter, and look better (all the different ule colors).

scootermn
02-13-2005, 12:30 AM
well, I'm not looking for anything to flashy, in fact, I would like a gun that is all annoed black, just because thats how I am. Frankly I'm the kid that would have the S-10 truck with a 350 in it compaired to a riced out import car with no power and all flash. In other words, Function over form. . .

peewee
02-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Welocome to AO. With what you already have in the way of tanks Go for a ULE if you have tha money. Checkout AGD & see what the price is for a basic ULE body style is up to you. Would recommend a double trigger. A classic is a great gun easy to work on & maintain. I would recommend the level 10 bolt also on that so you dont have any chopping issues if you short stroke. Got an A5 myself :ninja: solid gun no complaints!!!