PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Cheese and Acne

RingOfScale
02-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Sorry for the complete randomness here, but an interesting fact!

""An important bacterium in Swiss starter cultures is Propionibacter shemanii, the hole-maker. The propionibacteria consumes the chees's lactic acid during ripening, and convert it into a combination of priopionic and acetic acids and carbon dioxide gas. The acids' aromatic sharpness, together with the buttery diacetyl, contributes to the distinctive flavor of Emmental, and the carbon dioxide forms bubbles, or the characteristic "holes." The propionibacteria grow slowly, and the cheesemaker must coddle them together along by ripening the cheese at an unsually high temperature - around 75*F - for several weeks. This need for warmth may reflect the chees propionibacteria's original home, which was probably animal skin. (At least three other species of propionibacteria inhabit moist or oily areas of human skin, an P. acnes takes advantage of plugged oil glands.)""

Translation: Swiss cheese and acne are caused by extremely similar bacteria :rofl:

billybob_81067
02-13-2005, 03:13 AM
that's quite disturbing... :tard: :)

ojhspyro89
02-13-2005, 01:41 PM
I hate zits, especially black heads. Ive like done everything its annoying i have no clue how to get them to stay away.

I get one to go away and like 90 take its place it sucks.

anybody else know what i mean?

_tMAN
02-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Stridex Foaming Wash is your friend, no problems anymore, just a little dry skin.

SAW
02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
I hate zits, especially black heads. Ive like done everything its annoying i have no clue how to get them to stay away.

I get one to go away and like 90 take its place it sucks.

anybody else know what i mean?
Retin-A. It's a RX, quite expensive. I was able to pick some up for MUCH less down in Mexico, lucky me.
It drys out the skin, but it WILL get rid of EVERYTHING if employed properly.

tony3
02-13-2005, 06:38 PM
ive tried lots of **** and am using pro activ right now and its working pretty good. Its pretty expensive though for some lotion ****.

AutomagBoy
02-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Actually there is one out there that is so strong that my dermatologist didn't even want to tell me about it. Go to your dermatologist and ask him about accutane It is some incredibly strong stuff, and it is permanant. For the first few months your acne will get worse and spread. Then the accutane will kick in an destroy it. Make sure that you don't stop it early. One month of extra use will make the differance whether they come back or not. I was on it for 6 months then ran out and my acne came right back. Then i ofund some pills i misplaced, about a 3 weeks worth), and when i done with those i never have had a pimple since.

Note- also your skin will be very very very digustingly horrible dry during treatment. Your dermatoligist will tell you not to take any lotion but i found a lotion that is just pure lotion with no aroma or additives, 100% completely safe to use while on accutane. Cetaphil, make sure you get the green bottle not the blue bottle. you can find it at CVS or Walgreens

RingOfScale
02-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Automagboy, isn't Acutane that stuff that causes people to suicide? ... I dunno, I just heard that they figured out that people who took Acutane had like triple the chance to attempt suicide then other teens ... probably why your doctor didn't want to tell you about it . :nono:

-RingOfScale

ScatterPlot
02-14-2005, 12:44 AM
The suicide episodes with accutane are crap. I've taken it and personally I don't think anyone who has taken Accutane will kill themselves. The only things you heard about were like 2 instances of some famous people that killed themselves after using it. What you don't hear is that they were done with it for like 9 months and they were on drugs. Maybe a TEENY little feeling of SLIGHT sadness MAYBE once, but I don't know if that was the accutane or just a bad day (which it was). Didn't want to ever KILL myself though. Just a lot of bad press, and it makes your skin like UBER dry.

C_lawgik
02-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Makes me wanna go and get some cheese. The doctor told me accuatne was nasty stuff. Glad i dont have it that bad.

Cameo
02-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Accutaine has links to depression and when combined with certain depression pills will cause problems like sucidal thoughts. It also causes major birth defects and should not be taken by anyone who is preggo or considering getting preggo withing 24 months of finishing your doseage. :)

WicKeD_WaYz
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
yea my steroid friends all take accutane, or have taken it at one point. I heard its almost unbearable how dry it makes you.

Vitamin B5 is also what they take I guess it makes your skin produce less oils naturally or something.

SpecialBlend2786
02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I took accutane. WOW does it dry out your skin. But it worked for me, no more acne!

tony3
02-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Accutune should only be used in extreme cases of acne from everything I've seen. The stuff is amazingly powerful. If you have a mild acne there is no reason at all for you to use it. Try pro activ for anyone with mild acne, stuff works great. After 3 weeks your skin really improves

SpecialBlend2786
02-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Accutune should only be used in extreme cases of acne from everything I've seen. The stuff is amazingly powerful. If you have a mild acne there is no reason at all for you to use it. Try pro activ for anyone with mild acne, stuff works great. After 3 weeks your skin really improves

yeah it is really powerful. So powerful you have to get your blood tested every month