PDA

View Full Version : Best goggle system

Ryan C.
02-13-2005, 05:03 PM
lots of people have their opinions on a mask ,so i looked at the last pole paintball magazine took and the JT PROFLEX was the best by 60% and this was even after v-force made the profiler. i didnt know if that was accurate but i wanted to get some of your guys opinions. :D

I bought the Proflex and never has served me wrong.:headbang:

CKY_Alliance
02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
u say u have the proflex,wondering if you could answer a question for me. the ear gaurds..are they made out of foam? cause thats what i read on a review site. when i look at pics of the mask it looks like plastic.

Chronobreak
02-13-2005, 05:18 PM
i like the proflex alot but im a bigger fan of the spectre. ive had mine since they were introuded and it hasnt wornout(band) foam come off or anythign like that.

looks as good as it did when i bought it. my props to JT on that one.

btw im in the market for a new mask and il prob juts buy another spectre.
and as a a ref its VERY quick and easy to dissasemble

NukeGoose
02-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm a fan of V-Force goggles, I've owned a Z-Leader (same design as a V-Force Shield, but came out before the company changed its name to V-Force), two Morphs, and now I use a Profiler. All a great masks. They fit great and the lenses are very easy to take out to clean.

JimmyBeam
02-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I love my Proto switch

Creative Mayhem
02-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I have played since 91, and I was one of the first people to get a JT Spectra when the came out. I still have it, it looks like hell and it still works and feels great. Now I don't use it anymore, due to getting several Flex7, but I am a big fan of the spectra/flex style.

I do however, like the feel of the profiler, I just haven't felt the need for yet another mask, especially since my JT's are so comfy.

CKY_Alliance
02-13-2005, 05:35 PM
anyone know of any mask that dont have foam in them?that use some other material.Ive put eletrical tape over the foam and it feels better but i havent played with it on yet hopefully it doesnt rub the **** out of my skin make it all sore and stuff.

lbonettosd
02-13-2005, 05:59 PM
u say u have the proflex,wondering if you could answer a question for me. the ear gaurds..are they made out of foam? cause thats what i read on a review site. when i look at pics of the mask it looks like plastic.

The Pro-Flex comes with the Foam ear pieces, Flex 7 and Spectra's have the Hard Plastic.

Python14
02-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I love my Dye Invision. It's comfortable and protects what I need protected.

Mr. Mouse
02-13-2005, 06:33 PM
i had a proflex, now a profiler, i recommend either mask there both great

SAW
02-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I love my Dye Invision. It's comfortable and protects what I need protected.
I've used Flex7's, ProFlex, and Spectra's. They were all good systems. Then I bought an Invision, I'll never go back.

magman007
02-13-2005, 06:38 PM
love my flex 7 to death, great mask. had a profiler, and i loved it as well, but the invision i had, was way too small. just felt like it was made for a little kid

webmstrk9
02-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I've had a Dye Proto, V-Force Profiler, and JT's Spectra's and now Pro-flex. I have a large face and chin...ok ok, 2nd chin..anyways, the Dye and V-force do not have enough chin coverage for me, I would always get hit on the jaw. The JT's have a lot of facial coverage which is nice for me.

I do feel that the Profiler have the most peripheral vision available vs Dye and JT's. But I can overlook that with the nicks i have on my neck/jaw going into work the next day.

So I have gone back to my Spectra I had since '95 and now added the Pro-flex to my collecton.

They're all good masks, it's just the one that you feel comfortable with.

Smileatom88
02-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Invision is the most comfortable mask I have ever owned. I like it's wide area of view and the fact that its built like a fortress. I feel totally protected and that makes me play more confident.

Head knight of Ni
02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Vforce's system is top notch. But all that really matters is that your eyes and face are protected, past that its all opinion and preference. Try them all at local fields to form your own opinion.

jekyll
02-13-2005, 09:01 PM
how good is the proto switch compared to the invision?

SAW
02-13-2005, 09:03 PM
You get what you pay for. The stock Proto lens isn't as good as the Invision's. Otherwise, they're both great systems.

JimmyBeam
02-13-2005, 09:04 PM
the invision doesnt feel like it covers enough for me, thats why i like my switch so much

Python14
02-13-2005, 09:10 PM
the invision i had, was way too small. just felt like it was made for a little kid

That's exactly why I like mine. I like my masks small, my guns small, and my penis big.

68magOwner
02-13-2005, 10:19 PM
if i were to be given a free profiler today, i would still wear my flex, my favorite mask, bar none.

REDRT
02-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Have been using the same flex 7 for years I was looking to get something new this year. Hands down my choice is the proflex. Same great mask, but even more comfortable. Wish it had a game timer option like the the Proto/Dye goggle systems though.

Lorenz0666
02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
i have tryed on dye invsions and personlly i cant wear them, see the thing is i wear glasses and the invision just pushes my glasses up on my face like suction cups on my eyes. the proflier was really nice, but i gotta say coming from a guy that wear glasses the proflex is by far the most comfortable mask i have ever worn, for playing and reffing

Kallahan
02-14-2005, 12:58 AM
I love my Proto Switch with all of my body (even my pee pee).
The 30 second breakdown, clean is great, the lens is pretty decent, not the greatest (That would be the invasion IMO), hard plastic ear covers a good, but the chin strap can't be removed without a knife even though its really unnecissary.

quik
02-14-2005, 01:50 AM
That's exactly why I like mine. I like my masks small, my guns small, and my penis big.

Hahahaha.

I've owned only a proflex. Been serving well, but I want something new. Im probably going to buy a profiler.

gc82000
02-14-2005, 08:25 AM
I have a Spectra and will get a Proflex by the end of the month.

Ryan C.
02-14-2005, 04:17 PM

The proflex is the foam ear gaurds. but the regular flex 7 ize and flex 7 thermal are plastic. :cheers:

White_Noise
02-14-2005, 04:23 PM
i own 2 invisions right now, wouldnt really consider anything else except maybe a proto switch. dye has never served me wrong, and the invision has the smallest profile ive ever seen. the switch comes close, but extends about a full inch further down by the chin.

the jt mask systems(espcaiially proflex) seem too flexible to me, and ive had a few balls hit the mask, and push it back into my mouth, making my face numb for a few hours.

i dont like the profilers because they are very large. the only thing i like about them is the ease of switching lenses, but that is why i would consider the proto.

SummaryJudgement
02-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Vents baby :wow: ! I have various JTs and I really like my DYE, but man do I miss my old Vents goggles. I had less problems with those fogging up than any other I've had. Alas, with half the system being made of foam it fell apart after a year and the strap got too stretchy. The plastic frame and lens are still good, but I didn't want to replace the other stuff, so I just got a new JT.

alooney11
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I like the whole family of jt masks.

tyrion2323
02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
There is no BEST mask. Here is a list of good masks:

JT Flex series (flex 7, pro-flex, flex 8)
V Force series (morph, vantage, profiler)
DYE series (invision, switch)

FSU_Paintball
02-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I think invisions are pure crap. Little to no bounces, very limited protection (you can see inside the person's mouth when they open it), little peripheral vision, warping effects on the lens, and the lenses are harder to change out than even a JT. It also doesn't fit my head at all, but that's a personal thing.

Best masks on the market are the Profiler and Pro-Flex, no question about it IMO.

PumpPlayer
02-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I toss my vote in for JT

First mask I had was an old-school Z-Leader (single lens, foam rubber outter) and they were pretty much the stand-by because it's what K-mart sold. I pumped money into markers and upgrades, but never realized how crappy my mask was. I thought everything fogged up no matter what. Then I got a JT. It was when they first introduced the Flex-7's and it cost me about $80 at the time. I have never had it fog up, and I've still got it (6 lenses later...). Comfortable to wear, easy to clean and very light weight.

I've got a Proteus Sportz-Comm on order at my local store simply because I really like the built-in speaker feature. That, and my old mask is starting to get some serious UV fading. Reffing, scenario ball or just if I want to listen to my iPod, it'll come in much handier than the rig I had before: I chopped up an old set of headphones and zip-tied the speakers inside the mask.

As a parting thought about an earlier comment about non-foam cussioning:
The early masks (pretty much what was used after UVEX) made of foam rubber had a low-density foam rubber around the goggle section and it sat on the border around the eyes. From my experience, it seems that it WAS a little bit less chaffing and more comfortable than the current open-celled foam, but it had a particular drawback. First, being closed-cell, it wouldn't wick moisture. So if your eye area sweats, it get really humid inside the goggles. Second, I've found that a lot of people are actually mildly allergic to the foam rubber. Much the same way some people are allergic to latex, foam rubber poses the same problems. It's not as pronounced in cold climates, but when it's hot and your pores open up to sweat, some people have a tendancy to come off the field with a red, bumpy ring around their eyes.

Hypoallergenic construction probably explains the move from foam rubber to the new low-density foam.

REDRT
02-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Have been using the same flex 7 for years I was looking to get something new this year. Hands down my choice is the proflex. Same great mask, but even more comfortable. Wish it had a game timer option like the the Proto/Dye goggle systems though.

Well I just got the proflex in the mail today. Love it! It feels very comfortable. I like it even better than the Flex 7. Main difference of the ear piece at first glance. I noticed the visor is more flexible and is vented, maybe even better cooling? The added feature that I didn't see at the store was the chin strap. Many of times I had to dive into a bunker only to have the googles shift some and had to adjust quickly. No more with the proflex. A good safety feature and it is easy to use even with gloves on. Seems to be yet another great goggle system from JT. :clap:

Ryan C.
02-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Well I just got the proflex in the mail today. Love it! It feels very comfortable. I like it even better than the Flex 7. Main difference of the ear piece at first glance. I noticed the visor is more flexible and is vented, maybe even better cooling? The added feature that I didn't see at the store was the chin strap. Many of times I had to dive into a bunker only to have the googles shift some and had to adjust quickly. No more with the proflex. A good safety feature and it is easy to use even with gloves on. Seems to be yet another great goggle system from JT. :clap:

:dance: definatly think that it is worth the price, and it has great quality. Thank goodness you bought that instead of somthing junkie like the scott mask.

andreb
02-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a Pro Flex now and I don´t see me getting a new mask any time soon. It is in my opinion the most confortable ones out there. I have been growing more interested in Profilers lately but not enough to drop my ProFlex´s.

germanman
02-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm oldskool...I use my dads old SCOTT.