PDA

View Full Version : Have you used the Special Ops Fusion Battle clothes?

automikey
02-15-2005, 10:19 AM
They look good, can anyone give me some comments? Are they restrictive? Do they really help keep you cool? They cost $145 new, which is OK if they really perform as described. Any comments on the sizing? Size 38-41 pants is a 2XL, which makes me think they run small. I'd normally get an XL top, so should I get 2XL? If you have these I would really like your opinions before I buy.

TheTramp
02-15-2005, 10:51 AM
link?

Halliday
02-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Never heard of it.

Duck Hunt
02-15-2005, 11:01 AM
http://www.fusionpb.com

I think they juuuuuust came out. No one seems to carry them. I want those pants because they are super hot and I'm always a NON conformist and want to wear camo and play tourney ball. 145 is TOO much for me so if anyone finds them for cheaper let me know!!!

Sean

Halliday
02-15-2005, 11:04 AM
They seem kind of "shiney" for woods ball.

TheTramp
02-15-2005, 11:32 AM
I could see wearing the top for scenario games. I'd never give up my Outlast pants with the built-in knee pads.

As for the price, it seems par for the course when it comes to PB clothes. In fact a little cheaper than most of the big names.

skife
02-15-2005, 11:55 AM
if you want camo pants, go with BDU's

Alot cheaper and when wearing mine in the summer i didn't get that hot.

NigelF
02-15-2005, 05:30 PM
$145 is for the Pants and Jersey set. The pants alone are about $95. I've been eyeing them, not sure yet though. I put my paintball pants through some serious crap. My BDUs are already full of holes on the knee/shin area, after only 2 times out with them. I'm not too keen on dropping $95 on a set of pants if I'm going to instantly shred them. But thats more of a personal issue... If I wasn't as rough on my pants (most players arent), I wouldnt worry as much.

But being a large scotsman, the generously cut dimensions look rather inviting. My BDUs work, but I wouldnt mind some more room to move. So anyone try 'em yet?

Nigel F

Tyger
02-15-2005, 05:42 PM
I played speedball in them, and they're pretty nice. It's a fun way to scare the "Dye"crowd with looks. Functionalty, the elbow and knee pads are good when you slide. They really are quite non-restrictive, and they perform very well. When the woods season warms up, I'll let you know then what they're like outside. But, so far, I'm impressed. There's a few things I'd like to see changed (The cargo pockets don't really hold a lot of gear, and the squeegie pocket is too short for most sticks), but the fact that I can knee-slides and supermans and not really feel it is nice.

Oh, I felt it LATER, but at that moment, it was good. Washed out well too.

-Tyger

automikey
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks. Any comments on the sizing? Should I order 1 size larger than normal?

shartley
02-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Or you can get custom made PDU Pants. ;)

Tyger
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Should I order 1 size larger than normal?

I bugged 'em enough and they put sizes on the website. I'm using 3XL, and they fit me about perfect. I would seriously up your normal sizes you wear, or check the website then order.

-Tyg

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I saw them the other day. I kind of like the idea to have the standard colored speedball pants and jersey, and also a camo with the same style and fit as the other get up. but 150 bucks is kinda steep for jersey and pants (seeing that I got my proto pants and dye jersey for 65 total new), Im sure the price will come down once other companies start making them though

germanman
02-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Just go with the original military issued MARPAT camo. It's cheaper and it's the ACTUAL camo patern used by the canadian military.

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 08:47 PM
your missing the point. these are just like paintball pants and jerseys, except without the red/yellow/blue....its a camo pattern. its loose fitting, andcomes with padding in the elbows, knees, etc.....

automikey
02-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Or you can get custom made PDU Pants. ;)

I went to the shartley website and found very little information about the "PDU" and few detailed photos. Nothing like the Special Ops site with detailed photos and descriptions...

Did I miss something? If your product is better, please show me why. My money isn't spent yet.

automikey
02-16-2005, 06:35 AM
I bugged 'em enough and they put sizes on the website. I'm using 3XL, and they fit me about perfect. I would seriously up your normal sizes you wear, or check the website then order.

-Tyg

Not to pry, but can we have your height/weight/build so as to get an idea who fits into a 3XL?

automikey
02-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Just go with the original military issued MARPAT camo. It's cheaper and it's the ACTUAL camo patern used by the canadian military.

That'll work great until Bush tries to bring freedom to Canada... :D

shartley
02-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I went to the shartley website and found very little information about the "PDU" and few detailed photos. Nothing like the Special Ops site with detailed photos and descriptions...

Did I miss something? If your product is better, please show me why. My money isn't spent yet.
There is not a lot of detailed pictures because they are custom made for the customer and a list of features is “listed” on my site. Of course if you want to see a pocket, a picture can be taken. If you want to see a full elastic waist band, one can be taken. If you want to see belt loops, etc.… heck…. My point is that my features are pretty straight forward. Mine do not have “stretch” areas, nor “venting” areas. So there is no need to take a picture like they do.

Mine however have an inner leg gusset system to disperse the stress and all seams are extra sewn. I will at some point get more pictures on my site though. But keep in mind that I just came out with these… and have been busy making them for customers.

As for whose are “better”…. Nope, mine are not “better”. Mine are “different”. They are a set between BDU Pants and Paintball Paints. Mine are however actually between speedball pants and BDUs, not BDUs made by a paintball company with some features BDUs don’t have. Mine don’t have “pads” made into them. But neither do a good many paintball pants. So it depends on what you want and need. But mine do allow plenty of room to either wear pads over them or under them… like a good many other paintball pants.

Also my PDU Pants come in a wide range of camo patterns as well as colors. And they are custom made FOR the customer, not made in bulk in one configuration and in standard sizes. Mine are made when the customer orders it and the customer specifies where the squeegee pocket is going, how big it will be, even IF they want one. And the customer can have other specialty pockets made on the PDU pants. To my knowledge no other paintball pants on the market have that ability.

So again, it is not a question of better or worse. It is a question as to what you NEED and what you want, as well as what you like visually. Oh, and since mine are made to order, they are also more expensive. They run from $100 - $150 depending on the options, materials and so on. They are not made with automated machines or on an assembly line.

Think of it like buying a suit, you pay less for a nice looking suit off the rack than you do for a nice looking suit that was custom made and tailored for YOU personally. Which is better? Good question. I have had both and both look, feel, and work about the same.

The Fusion and Special Ops products are very nice. I am sure you would not be disappointed with them. But they also don’t look like my PDU pants either. And again there is a price issue. Theirs cost less than mine. But they are also made in larger quantities (understatement). My customers tend to want something that they may not find on every other player, and things that are custom for them.

Mine can also be ordered in digital camo (but I have not posted this on my site yet, only on my forums… so to see the camo material just stop by my forums) and black combo. And that is also a difference between mine and theirs, mine are all two color or solid color and patterned material. It allows a full range of styles from woodland camo (two different types), to digital camo, Urban Camo and more to include solid color combinations if the customer desires that, This truly makes them a cross between BDU pants and standard paintball pants. They have the flavor of BOTH. It also makes them fit better when going between the speedball field and woodball fields.

When looking at the pocket arrangement on their site, it looks like they look to be the same layout as BDU pants (pocket placement), mine are not.

AND, mine can be made to match my Ban-Dus and Neck Guards.

I hope that helps. Go with what you like. I will not be insulted one way or the other.

automikey
02-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks Shartley, I will definitely take a closer look and think about it more. I'm not sure I really want built-in pads anyway, so I was looking for more options.

Your gear does look top-notch.

shartley
02-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks Shartley, I will definitely take a closer look and think about it more. I'm not sure I really want built-in pads anyway, so I was looking for more options.

Your gear does look top-notch.
Thank you. Like I said, do what is best for YOU and your needs. That is the great thing about paintball now days, there are SO many choices, and every style and preference can be met. And from day one, I have always been about making sure the customer gets what is right for them, even if it is NOT my products.

Tyger
02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Not to pry, but can we have your height/weight/build so as to get an idea who fits into a 3XL?

Umm, 6'4, 250 pounds, I like long walks on the beach, jazz music and... oh wait, wrong forum...

I'm a big guy, 40 waist, Normally I wear 2XL jerseys, but the 3X is good on me. In this case, I'd serisouly get a size larger than you normally would. They do exchanges too if it doens't fit, which is cool.

-Tyg

automikey
02-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Umm, 6'4, 250 pounds, I like long walks on the beach, jazz music and... oh wait, wrong forum...

I'm a big guy, 40 waist, Normally I wear 2XL jerseys, but the 3X is good on me. In this case, I'd serisouly get a size larger than you normally would. They do exchanges too if it doens't fit, which is cool.

-Tyg

Thanks a lot, sounds like the 2XL would be it for me if I go that route.

I have a friend your size, there's hardly a tree he can hide behind. :)

Oh, and my sister says "Hi". ;)

germanman
02-16-2005, 01:12 PM
That'll work great until Bush tries to bring freedom to Canada...

MARPAT? (Marine pattern)

automikey
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
MARPAT? (Marine pattern)

"It's cheaper and it's the ACTUAL camo patern used by the canadian military"

So if I dress like the Canadian Military and Bush tries to bring freedom to Canada (Canada is already free, that's kind of the joke)...

Let's let this pass, so the thread doesn't become political. I'll try to pick my jokes better also.

germanman
02-17-2005, 01:38 AM
DEAL...But... MARPAT is U.S. Marine pattern...

stondroopy
02-17-2005, 02:31 AM
geez i was thinking of making something like this but wasnt sure if there would be a market for it, i remember talking to rick and another buddy at the last Ao day about it.bah thats what i get for lagging :(

Spec.Ops1
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Just to let you guys know we have bumped up all our sizes on our 3rd production run (selling now).

So, in short this means what was an XL previously is now a Large. So take tyger for example he is wearing the 1st gen sizing 3xl which is now a 2xl.

fyi. :D

JRingold
05-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I played speedball in them, and they're pretty nice. It's a fun way to scare the "Dye"crowd with looks. Functionalty, the elbow and knee pads are good when you slide. They really are quite non-restrictive, and they perform very well. When the woods season warms up, I'll let you know then what they're like outside. But, so far, I'm impressed. There's a few things I'd like to see changed (The cargo pockets don't really hold a lot of gear, and the squeegie pocket is too short for most sticks), but the fact that I can knee-slides and supermans and not really feel it is nice.

Oh, I felt it LATER, but at that moment, it was good. Washed out well too.

-Tyger

What he said. They work damn well in the woods. I played last sunday in the deep woods. The only downside I saw was that the stick squeegie pocket was too short, as I ended up loosing one on the field. I was able to do some slides and crawls and they are definately comfortable and protective. I think they went right with the stretch fabric connecting the legs to the body of the pants.

The one comment on them that I got: "You shot twice, then I turned around in the bunker to shoot back and you were just gone. Then all I could see was your mask the next time you shot at me." I don't know if it has anything to do with the pattern or not, but I seemed to blend in pretty well. I've never heard comments like this when I've played in other gear.

They breath VERY well and they are more comfortable than I thought they would be. The jersey is a little warm, but breathable when the wind blows. I am going to have drawstrings sewn into the pants legs, as I prefer to have them tight at the ankles.

Codekevin0403
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
they look good, and IMO 145 isn't that much for all that. All my WDP Airtime stuff cost me over $240, but i bought elbow and knee pads too.

JRingold
05-26-2005, 03:32 PM

-Tyg

To add another $0.02: 6'2", 300 and the 3XL fits nicely. With the adjustable waist you can make it fit as needed.

PsychoBaller
05-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Forget the clothes, just buy a Ghillie suit.

Anyways, did you see their LONGBOW system? mad pimp... that thing alone has made me want to spearhead putting together a TAC-1 Sniper of sorts, muuhuuuhahahaha.

-baller

fullofpaint
05-27-2005, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Tyger]I played speedball in them, and they're pretty nice. It's a fun way to scare the "Dye"crowd with looks.

AMEN

I love these, I've used Dye C4 gear too and I liked this better but I'm a diehard woodsballer, fun to play in speedball tourneys withthese though