PDA

View Full Version : HALO + EMAG+FULL AUTO+18BPS nuf said

AGD
11-15-2001, 12:38 AM
Here is it is!! (note the smile on Chris' face at the end)

Emag/HALO @ 17 BPS 1 meg (http://www.airgun.com/outgoing/HALOemag117.rm)

Emag / HALO @ 18 BPS (3 meg) (http://www.airgun.com/outgoing/HALOEmag118.mpg)

AGD

FooTemps
11-15-2001, 01:01 AM
Will it ever get up to the 20+ bps capability of the rt valve?

Chris
11-15-2001, 01:01 AM
Good God man!!! I really need to get me one of those hoppers. How do you go about unlocking the FA in the emag?

-Chris

FooTemps
11-15-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Good God man!!! I really need to get me one of those hoppers. How do you go about unlocking the FA in the emag?

-Chris

Like tom would ever tell you...:p

Hexis
11-15-2001, 01:48 AM
What's that lil shutter twords the start of the 18bps vid? Halo not quite keeping up?

zads27
11-15-2001, 02:03 AM
oi, yeah i noticed that sputtering too..
look at that muzzle rise! is that agd_rob's same test rig?

DiRTyBuNNy
11-15-2001, 02:10 AM
didn't look like a problem with the Halo..it looked almost like he hesitated a second to make sure he was shooting straight..because right after that he unloaded for like 2-3 seconds and then let up again...the muzzle rise is funny though...

BlackVCG
11-15-2001, 02:16 AM
That little sputter at the beginning is called letting off on the trigger. Look at his trigger finger and you'll see he lets off on the trigger for a brief moment to get back on target. At that ROF, the muzzle is rising so quick, it's hard to keep it down so the balls stay on target. He let off on the trigger a couple of times to stay on target. Look at that rope of paint. :)

AGD
11-15-2001, 03:25 AM
It did sputter a few times at 18bps. That's because it's getting close to the limit and his gun is not fine tuned. We are getting it back to go through it and try to break the 20 bps barrier.

AGD

Paintballer86
11-15-2001, 06:01 AM
*in a High Pitched voice* "THAT WAS AMAZING!" E-mail me if you would like a sound wav of me saying this.

Dubstar112
11-15-2001, 06:32 AM
Friggin SICK!!!!!!!!!!!.... wow, that has some dangerous capabilities though.. good thing Tom is smart and doesnt have F/A on the E-mag.. :)

PsychoMag
11-15-2001, 06:55 AM
I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!

:) :p

slateman
11-15-2001, 07:40 AM
That was soooooo awsome!!!!!!
I liked how Chris(?) would shoot a burst and you would hear the paint hitting the target. It sounded like an echo.

Hey Tom, what kind of paint were you using?

Hexis
11-15-2001, 09:15 AM
BlackVCG watch really closly, he lets his finger off the trigger after the sputter sound. Not before.

Not that takes away from how truly amazing both the HALO and E-Mag are. Those are pretty much off the shelf (well, on the shelf at some point with the halo) components.

zvanut
11-15-2001, 09:49 AM
that was cool, what r u guys shooting at?

CTG
11-15-2001, 09:59 AM
Yes, the 18bps looks different. I have the gun coupled by the refill nipple to a 80cuft tank. It makes aiming a little awkward. The n2 tank I just pick up that day only had about 1800psi. I needed an input pressure of at least 1000psi.

billmi
11-15-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris

-Chris

Production E-Mags don't have an FA mode to be unlocked.

That's not to say AGD couldn't build a test prototype with FA at whatever rate.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Temo Vryce
11-15-2001, 11:56 AM
You know what really amazies me is that everyone that has posted so far has been too enthalled with the preformance of the halo to notice that the guy in the video wasn't wearing a mask or were his sunglasses rated for Paintball? That video is really cool for the halo and E-mag but it's bad for the sport because he's not wearing a mask. Tom if you know the guys in the video at all can you please request that they please wear a mask or even a set of googles. Thanks Tom.

duffman
11-15-2001, 02:06 PM
stop hyping up the halo.is it ever coming out?

blackmag
11-15-2001, 02:18 PM
awesome...hey is the the same play were they shot the automag w/hyperframe at 17pbs.

CTG
11-15-2001, 02:53 PM
This is not hype, this is reality. The molds are in there final stages. This is not an agitated loader. The tolerances are much tighter for the HALO. The improvements you see here are due to the productions parts replacing hand made prototype parts. This product will be released when it is complete and right. Trust me the temptation to cut corners to get this product on the market is great. But we will not go there. Odyssey will not release unsat. products to the market. Our standards are a lot higher than what you are use to. (with the exception of AGD) I can't believe some the hype people believe with no proof what so ever. This truly is a performance enhancement over the current loaders available today. We have all intentions on being the leader in paintball loaders today and the future.

Chris Goddard
Chief Designer
Odyssey Paintball Products

blackmag
11-15-2001, 03:00 PM
Hmm..i have been noticing that all of the clips that u can view online they all seem to be on some type of mag.
Does Airgun have something to do with the HALO?!?

StevoC
11-15-2001, 03:52 PM
Is airgun.com down? Can't find the server.

Tunaman
11-15-2001, 05:21 PM
It sure pees all over ANY Angel I have ever seen! Hehehehehe:D :D :D

Bartleby
11-15-2001, 06:18 PM
anyone who claims their angel can do that obviously doesn't know what 18bps is. MY GOD IT'S LIKE A GATLING GUN!

Miscue
11-15-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
You know what really amazies me is that everyone that has posted so far has been too enthalled with the preformance of the halo to notice that the guy in the video wasn't wearing a mask or were his sunglasses rated for Paintball? That video is really cool for the halo and E-mag but it's bad for the sport because he's not wearing a mask. Tom if you know the guys in the video at all can you please request that they please wear a mask or even a set of googles. Thanks Tom.

I don't think he was planning on getting shot at.

Miscue
11-16-2001, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by blackmag
Hmm..i have been noticing that all of the clips that u can view online they all seem to be on some type of mag.

Well, it's the only gun they trust to be able to demonstrate the capabilities of the HALO.

Thordic
11-16-2001, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by blackmag

AGD is working with the HALO team because last I checked, no other marker could realiably fire at those high rates of fire. An Angel might be able to hit 16+ BPS, but not as reliably as the EMag.

Temo Vryce
11-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Miscue

I don't think he was planning on getting shot at.

Personally I think that it makes a difference. He should be wearing a mask. I've been playing long enough to know how much bad press paintball players first got when the sport was born. Videos like this tell people that it's ok to use a marker without a mask as long as you are wearing sun glasses. Do you ever think about walking up to a chrony at a tourny without a mask on? You don't plan on getting shot there do you? He should have been wearing a mask and it saddens me that no one else realise this.

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 04:39 PM
you know, by law, you are required to wear EITHER a helmet or sunglasses while riding a motorcycle.

although, i do understand where you're coming from and i totally agree with you, Temo. :D

hitmanng
11-16-2001, 05:39 PM
Just a point in my state and many others you are not required to wear a helmet or sunglasses when motorcycling and I never wear goggles when shooting in the back yard. I am still saying so what though. 18 BPS is impressive but unnecessary in my mind. Think of the poor guy getting hit 18 times.
Nuff Said
Hitmanng

MagMan5446
11-16-2001, 06:01 PM
You can't compare the motorcycle to not wearing a mask. On a motorcycle, you can be injured when you are riding by yourself, in this guy's case, he can't be injured because he isn't having anybody shoot at him. Personally, I don't think that he needs a mask and/or sunglasses.

DarkPhoenix
11-17-2001, 06:51 PM
I prefer to always err on the safe side. I always either a face mask or a pair of lexan eye shields when I work on my paintball guns, it pays to be safe.

Snooky
03-23-2002, 07:10 PM
OMg just watched the video. this needs an up.

MagmanLee
04-24-2002, 01:10 PM
WTF was THAT?!?! WTF was THAT?!?! HOLY ****...now i've seen everything... This only proves to the everyone that mags pisses on all other paintball guns. Wow i have NEVER seen a paintball gun fire at that sustained rates of fire, Jesus...18bps...18bps...

Paintballer86
04-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by MagmanLee
WTF was THAT?!?! WTF was THAT?!?! HOLY ****...now i've seen everything... This only proves to the everyone that mags pisses on all other paintball guns. Wow i have NEVER seen a paintball gun fire at that sustained rates of fire, Jesus...18bps...18bps...
AND... You brought this up why...?;)

Butterfingers
04-24-2002, 01:36 PM
21.73 (22) bps with solnoid dwell set to 10 and a .700 pin. 12 volt e-mag/warp power hack and a smart parts halo. And of course a taper tipped foamie superbolt. I imagine the dwell can't be too good for the bolt and sear but we have put it back to 25 since then. Testing didnt show any abnormal wear.

For some reason AGDJon dosent beleive us :)

We did autoresponse and 8 rd burst vids back when we only had 12v revies on top of a warp. Anything over 10 rd bursts woud result in choppage.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30548

I wish I had my digi-vid cam with me up here.

RT_Luver
04-24-2002, 01:57 PM
MAN, Ya'll have TO MUCH FUN. I wish I had a job were I got to shoot paintball guns and test out the latest equipment

Butterfingers
04-24-2002, 02:04 PM
The kicker is that it was done with a nitro duck 800 psi preset tank outputting about 780 psi with 2000 psi left in the bottle. No outrageous input pressures and no scuba syphoning.

MrShutter
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
HOLY **** that is fast! I've shot faster with my customized Stingray II tho...

Butterfingers
04-24-2002, 04:04 PM
did you feed it paint?

~Backdraft~
04-24-2002, 04:13 PM
WOW...i'm speechless...that was amazing...lol!!! Yea, put me down for one of those! dang, that was mighty fast.:cool:

Evil Bob
04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Got my HALO last week...

Comparing it physically to my revy: Revy looks crude and poorly made, HALO looks sleek and classy, it actually matches my EMag's black gloss finish nicely, like they belong together.

Shooting the halo: it kept up with my warp with no troubles, was able to shoot long extended strings without misfeeds, revy lags over 10bps forcing me to shoot in short strings, something not very conducive to supressive fire. Halo has an interesting sound to it :)

I forsee my wallet getting much lighter due to the higher volumes of paint I'll be able to throw with this setup, time to take up a second job to support my habbit...

-Evil Bob

cphilip
04-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Ok thats enough! Here I am sitting at home on a 26.4K connected laptop. Thats it! I am getting the Satellite broad band thingie ASAP. There goes $800. I hate this!!!! 11+ minutes for loading the first video!!! Crimey! I gotta wait till tomorrow to comment on this. Thanks Tom...:mad:

cphilip
04-25-2002, 07:03 AM
well I dunno about the Mask but at least safety glasses. Not for protection of someone shooting at him but froma part or line coming lose and possbly blowing stuff back. But who's to say they are not. I have a pair of transitional Safety Glasses look just like that if you take off the side guards.

Groovy grin on his face. I think it must have been the way mine looked when I finished watchin him! :D

BTAutoMag
04-25-2002, 11:51 AM
now i can whip that smirk off my dealers face.

acetum
05-05-2002, 02:20 PM
The HALO hopper sucks! I didn't have my HALO for about a week until it started binding. She would just stop feeding paintballs. No flashing lights or anything. I'd have to stick my fingers into the hopper and spin the blasted thing to get it going. I left numerous phone messages and emails to their "TECH SUPPORT" to no avail.

Save your money and get a warp feed I hear they're a lot better.

acetum

www.acetum.com

DjGruv
05-06-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by acetum
The HALO hopper sucks! I didn't have my HALO for about a week until it started binding. She would just stop feeding paintballs. No flashing lights or anything. I'd have to stick my fingers into the hopper and spin the blasted thing to get it going. I left numerous phone messages and emails to their "TECH SUPPORT" to no avail.

Save your money and get a warp feed I hear they're a lot better.

acetum

www.acetum.com

NOT!!:rolleyes:

damageinc54
05-06-2002, 02:58 AM
Mine works just fine! Just ask all of the poor souls that found themselves on the other side of my Emag and Halo combo at Paintball Sam's this past Saturday :)

steveg
05-06-2002, 05:53 AM
Saftey glasses cost just a few dollars and can be bought
just about anywhere. How much does an new eye cost and
were do you buy them ?

You wear saftey glasses because you just might touch the
trigger accidently.

Learn to respect your eyes, you only have two.

Rooster
05-06-2002, 11:27 AM
You've got to be kidding me, when i go to test my gun after working on it, guess how many times i run and grab my mask? If you guessed lower than 1, you would be right. These mask zealots bug almost as much as the housewives who want to rewrite rock lyrics. The guns all come with warnings, if you want to chance it, its your business. Most shot guns come with instructions to wear hearing and eye protection, guess how often i use either when hunting. Most radios have warning about not playing them over certain decibles. If i go deaf, its my problem. And before someone says "it gives paintball a bad name" i'm sorry, but some idiot shooting out his own eye isn't going to hurt paintball anymore than rock musicians complaining about going deaf makes people turn their radios down.

Trunnion
05-06-2002, 11:56 AM
as long as you display the same kind of weapon discipline with your paintball gun as you would display with a real firearm, i don't see any problem with shooting with your mask off. at a field, it's a bit different, but if you're out in your back yard and no one's in front of you, i don't see a problem with it

Brian68mag
05-07-2002, 05:17 PM
thats scary :/

maverickTG001
05-07-2002, 07:36 PM
first of all, WOW! second of all, someone said something about like an f/a or whatever...( kinda new to mags, but so far i love them so much) you need to do something with the fa to shoot that fast? and thirdly, maybe it was just me, but i couldn't see his finger ove at all, is it auto or just an extremly short pull???

El Pipi Fantasma
05-09-2002, 05:58 PM
LORD IN HEAVEN BESTOW ME WITH A HALO AND AN E-Mag!
THAT WAS AWESOME! I have never in my life wanted a gun this bad just to see that right there! I am buying an e-mag and a halo.

Chez
05-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Man that was the coolist thing i have ever seen full suto with 28 shots a sec amazing totaly amzing

Everclear
10-17-2002, 02:13 AM
Well, I think that just sold me.

Anyone know though, aren't they limited to 13bps stock? And I can get a center feed body!!!!!!

email got_everclear@yahoo.com

Dayspring
10-17-2002, 09:09 AM
Wow. Like the Phoenix from the ashes. This thread is REBORN!

ICOM
10-18-2002, 04:11 PM
those videos sure are nice... amazed my eyes

Ironmag
10-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Yup.

My E-Magnum can just tear it up.

jonnie60
01-21-2003, 07:46 PM
how fast will the new X-mag shoot in comparison

personman
01-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jonnie60
how fast will the new X-mag shoot in comparison Seeing that it is basically the same gun, it will be just as fast. This is a REALLY old thread.. :p

FalconGuy016
01-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Temo Vryce - I dont think he is planning on shooting himself in the face, and even then he is protecting the only thing that would matter if he somehow pointed the gun at his head. If you wanna know what really hurts paintball, its the people who shoot houses and cars and signs, not this.

Arent there 20bps on Halo's website anyways? I dont undertstand what is special

personman
01-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Temo Vryce - I dont think he is planning on shooting himself in the face, and even then he is protecting the only thing that would matter if he somehow pointed the gun at his head. If you wanna know what really hurts paintball, its the people who shoot houses and cars and signs, not this.

Arent there 20bps on Halo's website anyways? I dont undertstand what is special

This post was made over a year ago.. :rolleyes:

For anyone else skimming and about to reply:
THIS POST WAS MADE OVER A YEAR AGO
I hope that catches their eyes..

FalconGuy016
01-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Well... lol why is up here :)
Bah, dont copy what I did a few monthes ago you guys

jonnie60
01-22-2003, 06:50 AM
wow i can read dates, i wsas just wondering to see if anyone would reply if it could shoot faster. Thankyou though Mr. Sarcastic.

banzaimf
01-22-2003, 02:26 PM
The electronics are the same. The valve has gone from Stainless steel to Aluminum, but otherwise the same. The bolt has changed, but we have seen level 10 bolts hit this speed. I am going to go with, the x-mag should be able to hit these same rates of fire. Isn't there a video of Tom testing the level 10 at 20 bps?

hwayhzrd
04-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Man, that is bloody awesome ... Someday, an E-Mag WILL be mine! :rolleyes:

pimpnsince1987
07-31-2003, 10:36 PM
or sunglasses
they can died from being stupid but they have to look good while doing it

Cryer
07-31-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by personman

This post was made over a year ago.. :rolleyes:

For anyone else skimming and about to reply:
THIS POST WAS MADE OVER A YEAR AGO
I hope that catches their eyes..

lol... And that was quite some time ago, too...:p

SIGSays
08-02-2003, 08:35 AM
sweet! HAHAHA

WickeDKlowN
08-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Holy thread ressurection batman! hehe... been wantign to say that for a while.