PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on the new ion.

paintballfreak90
02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Ok, i have hated smart parts for a long time but (don't make this tread a flaming one about smart parts) i think i may buy an ion due to the price and the reviews i have heard so far. I am also convinced to buying one because i heard that they were light, has eyes, fast, bounce, ramping(although i don't like ramping to much), i have just hear nothing but good things about this gun and before i puchased one i wanted to hear some of the reviews from you guys.

Maggot6
02-15-2005, 09:08 PM
My opinion is that it is ugly, but for the price of a e-spyder, and alot faster, (well, 4 bps...) I think it'd be worth it to anyone who liked the look of it..........

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
My opinion is that it is ugly, but for the price of a e-spyder, and alot faster, (well, 4 bps...) I think it'd be worth it to anyone who liked the look of it..........
I believe he asked for reviews and not opinions.....

here is a review I found on Flagpull. Sounds pretty interesting. When he says he upped the BPS I wonder if he meant over 17 bps....anyways, here it is

Smart Parts Ion: First Impressions
Feb 14 2005 [ Philip ]
Well, our office is going to be down for a couple of days but I typed up this little blurb real quick (Note: This is NOT our full review):

When we got home from the Philadelphia Auto Show on Sunday a little box was sitting on the steps...

The Ion that I had ordered from PunishersPB.com on Thursday had arrived at my house on Saturday. Yay. Apparently they got their shipment in on Friday and it was out the door and made the 3 hour trip to my house from Punishers the same day.

The box design is awesome, a bunch of cool points around.

First impressions...wow, this thing is really sweet looking. I can't put into words how nice the gun looks and feels. It is not cheap at all and everything from the grip to the rubbery cage on the exoskeleton to the feedneck to the regulator flows together...

How does it shoot? Awesome. Little kick, accurate as hell with the stock barrel and the eyes perform flawlessly.

Programming the board was a little funky but I upp'd the ROF slightly and it still works like a charm.

This is definetly worth the $300.

Full review with pictures and video should be up by Friday...
home

BD_Paintball
02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
they look like they will be good guns. fast, light and have good eyes like you said. but there has not really been reviews on the ion other then ppl that are associated with sp. i think that vid of the person shooting it was someone on a sp sponcered team. and other then that vid i have not seen any other vids or reviews on the gun. you can take a risk and buy one but i would wait until someone with some credibility does a review on the gun that does not have to do with sp.

edit: now that the gun is out there are reviews around. i just havent seen any

WARPED1
02-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Rebound is not ramping, it's SP's version of RT. I have no idea who was the first to say rebound was ramp. It's not, its reactive.
I'll be buying an Ion soon..............

Glickman
02-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Rebound is not ramping, it's SP's version of RT. I have no idea who was the first to say rebound was ramp. It's not, its reactive.
I'll be buying an Ion soon..............

erm, not really.

i have my ion.. its pretty much ramping. its not operated by gas, nor does it shoot once for pull and once for release. it adds on shots, therefor, ramping.

i love it, very light, sleek like the shocker.

very easy to maintain a stream of balls, and im just orgasmic over it.

im thinking of selling my shocker for to get another one :D

feel free to ask any questions, im still awaiting on jayloo for videos, they arent much, but ill have a full on-the-field video withen the week

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 09:41 PM
i have my ion..

Action Village better hurry up so I can get quoted saying this.

Glickman
02-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Action Village better hurry up so I can get quoted saying this.

punisherspb got it to me pretty quickly, they started shipping out last saturday :D

they beat out paintballgear on smart parts stuff by a long shot, but paintball gear has a bigger selection overall

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 09:47 PM
i know,i know, i rushed ahead and ordered. the guy at action village told me yesterday that they should be shipped out wednesday, which means I should have it friday night.

i hope

GT
02-15-2005, 10:34 PM
pics w/o shroud http://www.smartparts.com/Products/Ion.aspx

Glick can you get a pick of it next to a mag or other popular gun you own?

Steelrat
02-15-2005, 10:42 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=843204&perpage=21&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Review by a mod on PBN. Note that he had to put an aftermarket reg on it to get the consistancy to an acceptable level, and there are other issues with it. He also has it up for sale already.

I see one issue already developing with the ION. People are treating it as a replacement for more expensive markers, which it is not. Its just a nice entry level gun.

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 10:52 PM
hmm thats too bad about the reg.

he did seem to have more good things to say than bad things.

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
best pic of the Ion so far

mark_1791
02-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

JimmyBeam
02-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......
are you kidding me??!! i would so pimp the **** out of that

magman007
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
wow, a burberry ion... not cool imho

Enemy
02-16-2005, 12:53 AM
wow, a burberry ion... not cool imho

im with you cheap+designer just dont mix!!

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 01:20 AM
erm, not really.

i have my ion.. its pretty much ramping. its not operated by gas, nor does it shoot once for pull and once for release. it adds on shots, therefor, ramping.

i love it, very light, sleek like the shocker.

very easy to maintain a stream of balls, and im just orgasmic over it.

im thinking of selling my shocker for to get another one :D

feel free to ask any questions, im still awaiting on jayloo for videos, they arent much, but ill have a full on-the-field video withen the week
Ah, ok, I get it now.

felony
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
im with you cheap+designer just dont mix!!

since when is 300 bucks cheap?

i think my moms gucci purse was 300 or so.. seems like that is expensive to hold the amazing gucci design.

sigh

magman007
02-16-2005, 02:58 AM
no, i was just commenting on how ugly it was

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
no, i was just commenting on how ugly it was
Whats ugly to one, is beauty to another so STFU. :) (smiley says I'm joking about the STFU)

vonort
02-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Local shop had 3 of them in. All 3 were in non working order in under an hour. :rolleyes:
So it looks like we have the same Reliability and Quality that we have grown acustom to from SP :tard:

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Funny, my local shop got 5 in. They all work fine.
And in my 10 years using SP guns, including 3 years on a sponsored SP team, I never had a gun go down out of the box, only seen them go down when idiots buy them, and before using them, they immediately start screwing with settings and adding parts that are generally unneeded. 90% of all gun problems on any gun are from this.
And, every gun ever made has bugs in the first run. Give it a few months to a year to work out the kinks.

GT
02-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Funny, my local shop got 5 in. They all work fine.
And in my 10 years using SP guns, including 3 years on a sponsored SP team, I never had a gun go down out of the box, only seen them go down when idiots buy them, and before using them, they immediately start screwing with settings and adding parts that are generally unneeded. 90% of all gun problems on any gun are from this.
And, every gun ever made has bugs in the first run. Give it a few months to a year to work out the kinks.

truth stings like a wet towl on a chubby pastey behind.

Glickman
02-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Local shop had 3 of them in. All 3 were in non working order in under an hour. :rolleyes:
So it looks like we have the same Reliability and Quality that we have grown acustom to from SP :tard:

wow....

can you say speds?

its one of the most simplistic spools designs ive seen, youve gotta be real dumb to mess one of these things up. ive seen, shot a few, they all work fine. If the worked fine in the beginning, and "within an hour" broke, that probably due to user fault

and just so you know, "we've" not all grown accustom to poor quality from smart parts.

atleast those with a tiny bit of common sense when taking apart (or even better yet, not) smart parts markers...

mag88888
02-16-2005, 03:27 PM
alot of people hate how SP deals with things financially but they have decent guns.

Glickman
02-16-2005, 03:34 PM
pics w/o shroud http://www.smartparts.com/Products/Ion.aspx

Glick can you get a pick of it next to a mag or other popular gun you own?

sorry i didnt see this before :confused:

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/7150/picture0017fd.jpg

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/4494/ion24zy.jpg

its not as sleek as the shocker, but it is lighter. ill post more pictures when i swipe my dads minidv. these were only for size comparison.

GT
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I found a dam good thread on pbn with pics next to a shocker. Should be in the ion forum...

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
alot of people hate how SP deals with things financially but they have decent guns.
YES! Tht's exactly how I feel. The desgn department rules, the legal department suxors.

VTpaintballer
02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
I still hate smart parts no matter how good thier guns are!
smart parts.....DIE :mad:

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I still hate smart parts no matter how good thier guns are!
smart parts.....DIE :mad:
You sir, are closed minded(not kidding this time).

JimmyBeam
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
You sir, are closed minded(not kidding this time).

you are correct sir

mag88888
02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
i know VTPaintballer. lol. ill talk to him about that.
he loves AGD though

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
You know why I think the Ion is getting bad reviews by people here that haven't even held one, much less shot one? They're gust mad AGD couldn't make an under 300 dollar electro first. :wow:

spasticsquirrel
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
sure the design department rules, and the law sux, but what one do you think is making more money?

personman
02-16-2005, 07:47 PM
You know why I think the Ion is getting bad reviews by people here that haven't even held one, much less shot one? They're gust mad AGD couldn't make an under 300 dollar electro first. :wow:
Haha, that's a good one.
Got any more?

Iceman8446
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm really thinkin about gettin one. My shop gets their order in on friday and I'm gonna head over there and pick one up. Ive owned a cocker for the past like 3 years and despite spending alot on it its never been electro. I actuley dont even like the eblade cockers. So I feel this thing should be great. Does anybody know if they can be shot without the plastic body cover on?

WARPED1
02-16-2005, 08:26 PM
www.punisherspb.com had 270 in stock with 70 sold this afternoon.

Glickman
02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm really thinkin about gettin one. My shop gets their order in on friday and I'm gonna head over there and pick one up. Ive owned a cocker for the past like 3 years and despite spending alot on it its never been electro. I actuley dont even like the eblade cockers. So I feel this thing should be great. Does anybody know if they can be shot without the plastic body cover on?

watch out for the dreaded "They all broke within 10 minutes syndrome" seems to plauge stores all over :rolleyes:

paintballfreak90
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
www.punisherspb.com had 270 in stock with 70 sold this afternoon.

make that 71 cuz i just ordered one from there. :clap:

firebanex
02-17-2005, 01:22 AM
As much as I dislike SP's legal practices they have basicly made good lower price marker with all the nesecitys for being popular. break beam eyes, rebound (cheater mode ugh), not very expensive, and fast/ As much as i hate to say as soon as i can get my cocker to sell i plan to pick one up for a back up to my phantom. for the days i am unable to pump my phantom is when i will use it.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I just ordered a blue one from my local store...I'm not in a hurry so when they said it would be at least I week I said "oh well.."

jamescell
02-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Does anybody know if they can be shot without the plastic body cover on?
I would like to know as well, to me the covers just look cheap

peewee
02-17-2005, 10:28 AM
You guys that have em go play the holy hanna out of them & give us info.

craltal
02-17-2005, 10:44 AM
from what I've read, the shell is necessary to keep the eyes and detents in place

WARPED1
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I just ordered a blue one from my local store...I'm not in a hurry so when they said it would be at least I week I said "oh well.."
Um, the blue ones aren't out yet. They only released black. Then they are going to release 1 color batch at a time.

NoLifeLeft
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I've got mine. I love it. The only thing that bothers me is that I don't really like the feel of the power "button". I've fired it with and without paint, the eyes work great. It disassembles nicely. Full disassembly of the gun (not the reg) only requires one hex key. It has less o-rings than a shocker and they all look easy to get to. The trigger frame is aluminum, not plastic-y like in the pictures. I like the trigger after some adjusting. I can't think of anything I would rather have for the price. Its a keeper. :clap:

JimmyBeam
02-17-2005, 09:51 PM
i swear, when you are waiting on a marker in the mail, the week seems to go by so slow. i'll have it tomorrow by 6 though.

JoshK
02-17-2005, 09:57 PM
from what I've read, the shell is necessary to keep the eyes and detents in place

Then I think someone should start making little metal attachments to hold them on :)

WARPED1
02-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to order mine, think I'm going to wait for yellow or blue tho.

vonort
02-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Gun 1 was taken out of the box and aired up and leaked like a siv. The gun was taken apart as per the intsructions and lubed and still leaked.

Gun 2 was lubed up and taken out on the feild by a tourney level player. After about 1/2 hour of use the gun failed to function period.

Gun 3 was treated as the first two. After about 1/2 hour of use the board was fryed.

So no it wasn't incompentence. It was POS guns produced by POS company. Like we are used to in this industry. Especially from SP.

ps. What a suprise that a guy who is sponsored from SP didn't have any problems.. what a shocker... (yes the pun is intended.)

camilion705
02-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't believe it! Pics or shens!

WARPED1
02-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Gun 1 was taken out of the box and aired up and leaked like a siv. The gun was taken apart as per the intsructions and lubed and still leaked.

Gun 2 was lubed up and taken out on the feild by a tourney level player. After about 1/2 hour of use the gun failed to function period.

Gun 3 was treated as the first two. After about 1/2 hour of use the board was fryed.

So no it wasn't incompentence. It was POS guns produced by POS company. Like we are used to in this industry. Especially from SP.

ps. What a suprise that a guy who is sponsored from SP didn't have any problems.. what a shocker... (yes the pun is intended.)
*cough*LIE*cough

vonort
02-18-2005, 07:28 AM
This is the typical response that I expected from the pro SP people. The author asked for reveiws. I gave him my expereinces with this gun. Beleive what you want. But once again from what I have seen it is another junky product from SP.

And yes we replaced all the o-rings. And checked the batteries. The guy that runs the shop knows what he is doing around markers. As do I. And its kind of hard to get pics when the guns have already been sent back to SP. Along with a note that they will not be getting any business from him in the near future.

This reveiw has nothing to do with the fact that I do not like SP and their business practices. I'm just trying to keep new players from making a $300 mistake.

IMHO Wait for the 05 BKO to come out or buy a Wrath.

JimmyBeam
02-18-2005, 08:11 AM

riiiiiiight. i find that hard to believe. since i have one arriving today, ive been searching everywhere and reading reviews. the only problem i've found is that some come with the reg preset above 250, so when you attach air, it leaks and blows internal hoses off. simply decreasing the reg before you gas up fixes this problem.

but to have three that just dont work....i find that hard to believe

PBX Ronin 23
02-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Regardless of everyone's opinion about the company, the thread title is about reviews for the gun. Let's keep it that way shall we?

I for one would like to know how the Ion performs with CO2 and does it suffer from the dreaded FSDO.

NoLifeLeft
02-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I have not experienced any FSDO yet from the Ion. Hopefully I never will.

Evil Bob
02-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Its not uncommon for the first production run to have initial problems, that what happens in the manufacturing business when you use 3rd party over seas manufacturing. It usualy takes a couple visits and a lot of yelling till you're red in the face to get them to get the quality control where it needs to be.

Having to turn the factory supplied reg down before gassing the marker up really is unacceptable for SP, it should be in useable condition right out of the box. This is most likely the above mentioned QC problem that typically happen in first run. Once the manufacturer gets some numbers under it's belt on their employees more experienced with the necessary tooling and assembly, the resulting product quality should get better.

I tend to treat new products mass produced over seas the same way I do with crap from Micro$oft, I dont buy anything that is revision 1.0, I usually wait a bit until they're into the 1.2's or above and have all the initial bugs worked out.

I suspect, in time, this will be a very polished entry level marker, just right now it's still in the first production run bugs stage.

-Evil Bob

vonort
02-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Unlike some people on this board.. I have nothing to gain from saying that an SP product was junk. Or that it is good. Yes it is true I don't like their products. Yes it is true I don't like their business practices. But if the gun worked there is no reason I would not say it was a good product.

Unlike say Warped1 who is sponsored by SP. He can NOT say anything bad about them. Or he will loose his precious sponsorship.

Down the road maybe I will get a chance to see a mid production version of one of these. Until then my opinion on them is the same as most SP products. Very cheaply built and low quality. Your paying more than you should.

Lohman446
02-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Down the road maybe I will get a chance to see a mid production version of one of these. Until then my opinion on them is the same as most SP products. Very cheaply built and low quality. Your paying more than you should.

Thats true of any paintball marker and most accessories when compared to non-paintball related equipment.

WARPED1
02-18-2005, 01:04 PM
This is the typical response that I expected from the pro SP people. The author asked for reveiws. I gave him my expereinces with this gun. Beleive what you want. But once again from what I have seen it is another junky product from SP.

And yes we replaced all the o-rings. And checked the batteries. The guy that runs the shop knows what he is doing around markers. As do I. And its kind of hard to get pics when the guns have already been sent back to SP. Along with a note that they will not be getting any business from him in the near future.

This reveiw has nothing to do with the fact that I do not like SP and their business practices. I'm just trying to keep new players from making a $300 mistake.

IMHO Wait for the 05 BKO to come out or buy a Wrath.
Funny, thet you're just about the only one who says thier Ion broke down. You are most likely a diehard AGD fan, so any other company that has a gun that is maybe better than the mag, you get your panties in a twist. Offer us some proff and pictures, get us an extremely detailed explanation of everything you guys did. Frying a board doesn't happen without user error. How many times has a Bill Gates PC's board fried without the user doing something stupid?
I won't believe a single word you say until you offer proof and photos. And also, he asked for reviews, I gave my first impression. I'll give a more detailed one when I buy mine.
One word of advice to the guy asking for reviews, when you get it, the ONLY thing you should change is the barrel, and that's not even needed, since SP barrels are top notch.

vonort
02-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Quick correction Mr. panties in a bunch. I like most all of the Pb products out there. I do like AGD. I also like Palmer, Bob Long, Worr, ICD. Pretty much the only one I don't like is SP.

And I will agree with part of one of your points. Switch the barrel.. Because SP barrels are some of the worst ones in the business. Get a nice J&J or Longbow,, even a CP barrel would be a good choice.

PS. I did not break the gun. The people at my local shop did. I didn't even touch the POS. And if you would read Warped1 (mr SP) the guns have already been sent back to SP. Just because you are under contract by them, does not mean you have to attack anyone that says something bad about them. My expereince is that 3 out of 3 guns broke down in under an hour. That is my reveiw of this "great new revolutionary gun" from sp. :cry: Just because your stuck using inferior products doesn't mean you should attack everyone else. I wouldn't take an SP sponorship on a bet. :dance:

To the author.. If you have $300 to throw away then buy one of these. If you want a decent marker wait for the ICD 05 BKO to come out. Thats all I have to say about this.

PPS.. One other thing to consider when reading any reveiw about an SP product from Warped1. SP could come out with a Triangular barrel for round paintballs and he would tell you its the greatest thing since Air. Why because he HAS too.

WARPED1
02-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Try listening to the majority. MANY good reviews, 1 bad review................
even the illustrious mag sucked in it's first release. It doesn't anymore though! :)

CrimsonGhost
02-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I have mine ...have had it for 3-4 days now. Ive shot a case through it (back yard drills;) and I am happy with it.
So far...the Best $300 I have EVER spent in this sport.
I have taken the ION apart after each session to check for any issues(new markers sometimes have bits of debris in them) and have found none so far.
Taking it apart is fairly easy...just be careful with the wiring harness.
I have a 70 ci Crossfire HP stubby on it and the stock barrel...With a halo b v board I shoot consistant strings and the chronoing speeds are VERY tight +/- 3 ish fps on a stock reg...not shabby.
I want to see if putting my 2 liter on it will tighten it up even more.

I am not a pro SP person.
Im not an Anti SP person.
I judge a product on my own personal use of the markers...not by what others have seen or say...or what a shop says for that matter...most shops have an agenda that may or may not be in the best interest of the customer.
I think its DEFINATLY WORTH the $$$ and hope the aftermarket companys support this little gem....and hope SP ups the quality of the wiring harness.;)

:cheers:

WARPED1
02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, another good review...........

Glickman
02-18-2005, 09:57 PM

im assuming you used nitro?

what was the pressure you were operating it at?

and btw, ask any tech, 9/10 smart parts marker's problems are due to incompetance...

also. why does it seem that only fields are getting "faulty markers"? and not just one. ALL of theirs are "bad." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: call me crazy, but has anyone seen a poor review of the ION from a single person?

WARPED1
02-18-2005, 10:05 PM
has anyone seen a poor review of the ION from a single person?
Nope. :dance:

JimmyBeam
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
me either

Lohman446
02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
I like SP markers for there features - there quality control, in the past has sucked to me.

However, they have been "minor" issues for the most part - some shavings left here or there, regs set way out of place.

Of the several SP markers that I have owned, and teched for the shop I work with I have only seen two that had a condition that should have been sent back. One was my own shocker that had a milling issue in the threads of the marker where hte endcap screwed in. I, through creative engineering, was able to force it out (it involved two lag bolts and channel locks), clean the threads (one was folded forward), replace the endcap and good to go. The other was a private label impulse that the owner ended having the private label manufacturer repair - but is that even SP's fault?

I will get my Ion today, Im going to the shop and will test the couple he ordered. I'll tell you what I think this evening

punkncat
02-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry, but I have to jump in on this one.....

To say that people aren't getting what they pay for in the Ion, or ANY Smart Parts marker out there is false. SP markers represent a great value in a marker and generally hold their value as well as anything out there. Performance is about the same in ALL mid-higher end markers, its really just about bells and whistles, and how it look/feels to the user.

I own an Impulse now, and am very impressed with its rock solid reliability. Sure I see lots of people having trouble with markers. All of them. There are lots of SP markers out there in the hands of inexperianced people who do not know how to properly treat or maintain a marker. This bad wrap people are trying to give their markers over displeasure with recent business practices is pure bogus. It can't hold up. I don't see anyone ragging on Angels. They are the ones responsible for the reduction in programmable boards, and aftermarket grip frames from certain manufacturers....I guess its all in the PR?

First runs have bugs. Give them a minute and it will be up to par. Assuming(?) that it isn't already. For $300 I personally feel its a gem. Don't like it, won't own one, but I can see the value.

Vonort.
I am not trying to call you out or flame you. You have stated your opinion on this subject. We all get the point. Do yourself and others a favor and leave it be. Let others speak out on it.

Lohman446
02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I picked up my Ion today from the store - I ordered it last Thursday and as it missed the initial Friday shipment it went out on Wednesday.

First thing I noticed is the two left at the store - mine I took serial # 3520, the other one was 27XX. Thats a lot of Ion's.

First let me tell you what I honestly expected:
1) I expected the reg to be junk on this thing and to have to replace it, in fact I had a Bob Long Torpedo ready to purchase if need be.
2) I expected the barrel to be junk - I have a Freak kit and expected to need an impusle back for it.

First impressions:
1) I have a CCM no-pro feedneck ordered for it, because of how the body sits by the feedneck I think I will have to modify the body to make it fit, this does not look like its going to be a big deal.
2) The packaging is nice, darker colors and less color than I would have used, but reasonable. It even has a handle and could be suited to store the marker in.
3) No drop, at all. I like micro drops and am going to have to do something about this. The marker is LONG.
4) Trigger pull is a little longer than I like it stock

5) Getting it ready was my first step - I shortened the trigger pull to what I like, the magnetic resistance is how I like it to, very walkable trigger to me, may be a bit stiff to others.
6) Changing modes and settings is easy. Rather than counting beeps and holding a combination of buttons you change the mode you want to change - there is a orange and red ligth that blink in certain ways to tell you what form of programming you are in (dwell, firing mode, etc).
7) I did not have a chrono, I put my halo on it and fired at a target about 50 feet away. Very good on target consistency, I was very surprised by the reg and the barrel on this I expected these shots to be all over.
8) The plastic body is pretty solid plastic with the rubber around it, I expect it to hold up very well.
9) Theres a programming issue here - those breaks in the video are not HALO related. What i mean, is with no paint those short pauses, perhaps a ball or two, are there about every five seconds while in rebound mode.
10) The marker does not degass itself when the tank is unscrewed, you have to pull a couple more shots.
11) I really like the feel for the frame and reg, more than I would have thought.
12) The vision "logic error" is not there. If you drop a ball and then remove it the marker will not fire - it is actually detecting the ball when you pull the trigger.

Lastly) The shop is retailing them for $275 holy :cuss: thats nice marker for that price

Overall
Very nice marker for the price, I expect when my CCM feedneck gets here to have to whittle down the plastic a bit, no big deal I think. I'll let you know how it plays when I try it.