PDA

View Full Version : fireblade vs. lt-3 blade trigger

White_Noise
02-16-2005, 03:00 AM
ok...here's the deal:

i have a lt-3 trigger in my SFL right now, but im wondering about getting the fireblade. if anyone has shot both, information on why either feels better would be appreciated.

also, does the fireblade sit back futher in the frame?

thanks.

frischtr
02-16-2005, 01:57 PM
My question is: When is another batch going to be made?

White_Noise
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
thanks fireblade. hopefully sometime soon ill try out myfriend's fireblade (NATO) and see if i want to get one.

-=Squid=-
02-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I dunno... I got banned for saying "uhh... it isn't a very pretty trigger."

Maybe I shouldn't comment...

Oh what the hey, they are both nice, but personally I like the RR trigger better due to its visual appearance.

magman007
02-16-2005, 04:03 PM
lt 3? you mean tl 63?

Z-man
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I dunno... I got banned for saying "uhh... it isn't a very pretty trigger."

Maybe I shouldn't comment...

You usually have such informative and insightful posts relevant to the thread I cannot imagine WHAT the mods were thinking... (But I have to agree with you; the LT-63 is not the most eye pleasing trigger design I have seen either)

----------------------------

I can only comment on the Fireblade as I have not used the LT-63. I received one of the first ones for my (ex :( )SFL and liked it from the start. There was an issue with the trigger setting so far back that it would interfere with the sear pin, but apparently later revisions now have a small cavity cut out to fix that problem.

Personally I like the Fireblade because

1- it's very flat

2- its very large (as in its a long and wide trigger)

For me with larger fingers I found that it was far easier for me to walk the trigger than, well the 2-finger I had originally. The LT-63 is smaller but then, it’s also cheaper to buy isn't it: :P

magman007
02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
TL 63!!!! Tim Latch ot timmy 63 designed it :)

ex sfl? did you sell chimera? your kiddin me right? if you sold it, who to?

-=Squid=-
02-16-2005, 07:58 PM
You usually have such informative and insightful posts relevant to the thread I cannot imagine WHAT the mods were thinking... (But I have to agree with you; the LT-63 is not the most eye pleasing trigger design I have seen either)
I usually DO post informative things... assuming it's a thread proposing a reasonable question/topic. Disagree? You don't read many of my posts.

Enemy
02-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I usually DO post informative things... assuming it's a thread proposing a reasonable question/topic. Disagree? You don't read many of my posts.
no zmans right!!jk the fireblade is very nice i have one and i liked it alot more than the tl 63 i shot on another emag then again that emag had 4.01 so i like that gun alot more too odd isnt it!

Z-man
02-16-2005, 08:28 PM

Make no mistake, everything I know about you, has been posted by you on this forum. What you present is what I base my opinions off. It's as simple as that.

------------------------

On a side not I was thinking about the blade trigger and "what" it is about it (in general) that makes it so much more desirable (for me at least) to use. I think what it comes down to is what you are going to use it for. If you pull the trigger with 2 fingers (the same as if it was a single trigger) there is not much of a performance difference, more a choice.

However, when you walk a trigger, the 2-finger style I feel has a large drawback. I for one am very sloppy at walking the trigger. I can get a rhythm going but my fingers wander around on the trigger. On a 2-finger design, where you hit on the trigger will affect how soon you fire and also how far "into" the dip (or the ridge) of each finger grove you go. Unless you keep your fingers tapping in those 2 grooves, you will knock yourself out of sync. I think that is the core reason for liking the blade.

To that end, the larger the blade, the easier it is. Yeah I like that.

CoolHand
02-16-2005, 10:04 PM
The LT-3 was our first Emag blade trigger. I designed, manufactured, and sold close to 200 of them.

The FireBlade came from . . . . well you know where it came from. Jay and I came to an arrangment, and we manufactured those as well. Did about 50 of them before the machine croaked on me, and then the last batch of 75 just sold out (or very nearly so). I have another batch coming in a few weeks (maybe a month if the machinists are really slow).

The TL-63 was done by someone else (who's name escapes me currently) long before either of ours came out. From what I can gather, there weren't many of them made, and some folks had a little trouble with them.

Now, on to the question.

The LT-3 is fat, no polite way to put it. It had to be in order to house the AGD HES magnet adjuster. It also rakes forward, so there is not a lot of room left in the trigger guard.

The FireBlade is basically the antithesis of the LT-3. Its slim, wide, flat, and slopes backwards a bit to fit the contours of the frame. A very nice piece. I have tipped my hat to Jay a number of times, and will continue to do so for coming up with such a wonderful shape.

Can I say you will see a decernable difference in performance? Not for sure. Its mostly about feel, so you need to shoot one and see if you like it better, or not as much as what you have.

When I had an emag, a FireBlade graced the guard. I liked the feel better (which is one of the reasons that the LT-3 as a product met an early demise), and it looked a lot better.

Its your call, either one will get the job done quite nicely (even the TL-63, if you can manage to find one).

Later