PDA

View Full Version : car/credit advice needed

lord1234
02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey guys,
need a little advice from yall in the car department. My girlfriend recently purchased a car(about 6 months ago). And it seems that the car payments are just too much for her to handle. Is there any way of getting rid of the car without runing her credit(or mine cuz I cosigned, yes i know I shouldn't have...but hindsight is 2020). I put it for sale, but its such a new car that I don't think anyone will buy it(04 Lancer ES)

--Lord1234

Crighton
02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm going to take a guess more is owed on it that it's worth. If that's the case you can sell and either make up the difference with cash or a personal loan.

You could also keep the car and refinance it over a longer term to lower the payments.

You could trade the car in at a loss for a cheaper model and finance the difference into the new loan. Assuming you don't have a huge negative value at which the bank would balk over as unsecured debt. (which is what my friends GF did after she also got suckerd into a lancer she couldn't afford)

lord1234
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
not too much is owed on it more than its worth...roughly like 1k.

Muzikman
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Trade it in for a lesser model (cheaper) car. People do it all the time. You will take a hit, but it will bring down the payments.