PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Petition against SP!

padiwack
02-16-2005, 11:32 PM
i deleted the link for the angry AOers

Ov3rmind
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh brother.

padiwack
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Im signer #4960 :D

kurama
02-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Nobody has ever or will ever care about online petitions.

player4
02-16-2005, 11:59 PM
What exactly is this for?

What are you attempting to even do? - which by the way will never work by an online petition

padiwack
02-17-2005, 01:31 AM
it shows our dislike vs SP... big deal it takes like 2 seconds to sign it. if you dont want to, thats great, but some people actually want to do something to show SP how much they hate them. :) if you dont care, then just blow it off. you dont have to make a post just to tell everyone that you dont care. and if you think its pointless or not going anywhere, then dont sign it!

quik
02-17-2005, 01:38 AM
While you spent the time signing this, SP made about 200 bucks.

SpecialBlend2786
02-17-2005, 01:45 AM
While you spent the time signing this, SP made about 200 bucks.

true

cockerkiller68
02-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Who cares if it works or not?

At least somebody's doind something!! :)

I signed just to spite SP.

ntn4502
02-17-2005, 02:35 AM
somebody close this thread and ban this person

Josh2Xtremes
02-17-2005, 02:45 AM
I'm out of AO retirement JUST to comment on this thread.

So here goes.

It's moronic. Every thread like this, everywhere, simply RAISES awareness of Smart Parts, and acts as a free advertisement for them. For every internet geek who might or might not actually even PLAY paintball that you get to sign this thing, you introduce ten more who may or may not have even cared about Smart Parts to them and their products, website, etc...so whether you like Smart Parts or not, and my opinion doesn't count so I'm not even voicing it here, if you don't like a particular company, buy something else. DON'T go to their website, and don't advertise for them. You're basically sponsoring Smart Parts with a free ad on AO right now.

This guy is breathing my air. Someone make him stop.

Josh

Steelrat
02-17-2005, 03:18 AM
When did AO turn into such a hostile place?

This guy is breathing my air. Someone make him stop.

Go back to retirement. Please.

somebody close this thread and ban this person

More great AO spirit.

I play with Padiwack, and he is a great guy. However, he does not live on this forum like a bunch of other people, and probably missed the whole SP controversy. So, instead of acting like a bunch of jerks, how about everyone tries to explain what has taken place and why a petition might not matter at this point.

txaggie08
02-17-2005, 03:30 AM
online petitions are kinda like real communism(not what stalin did)- they work in theory, but the inplementation is impossible. To easy to fake names and sign it

**edit* not griping at the guy just interjecting a comment :) **edit**

shartley
02-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Okay, I will try to be uncharacteristically gentle….

As stated by others, online petitions are not worth the time to log into the sites that have them. It is only a way to gain traffic for online petition sites and to gleam information from the internet community.

For a petition to be worth anything it must be signed by an actual person and the information must be verifiable. Online petitions lack these two crucial elements. And more so, those who sign a petition must be affected BY whatever the petition is for… as well as that be verifiable as well.

So, again, online petitions don’t do any good. Well except maybe make those who sign them feel as if they are doing something. But they don’t affect the issue the petition is about one bit. And those who say “so what, at least he is doing something about it”….. sorry, it is no better than raising your fist to the wind. You are actually doing NOTHING about it.

Also as stated, if you don’t like a company for any reason simply do not buy their products. In fact don’t even tell others about the company at all. Contrary to popular belief, complaining all over the place about a company does not make them lose customers, but it actually gives them more exposure and thus they tend to GAIN customers.

Another interesting thing that I have found concerning the SP issue (as well as other similar issues) is the fact that when asked WHY, most people don’t even know the FACTS of things. They tend to hear one side or one story and since it makes it easy to hate whatever it is, they take it as gospel and continue to propagate the myth, half truths or outright lies.

I too, however, would love to see this (and all online petition threads) locked the moment they are created. They do little more than draw negative comments from the membership, and NEVER accomplish what the author thinks they will.

JimmyBeam
02-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Smart Parts is a corporation. What do you think corporations do? Easy, they try to make as much money as possible.

And do you think they give two ****s about some online petition.

teufelhunden
02-17-2005, 08:09 AM
<3 SP.

The Action Figure
02-17-2005, 09:16 AM
MAD <3 for SP

padiwack
02-17-2005, 10:50 AM
wow, im simply amazed at the put downs I got from fellow AOers. Im sorry i did such a horrible thing by posting this link... really i am. i can say i've lost a lot of respect for ao. i thought it was a forum full of guys who'd love to help somebody with a problem, and can talk about their mags, paintball, and maybe even their dislike for a certain company, even if they may not know about any previous controversies about that topic. All i get is people talking crap about me, for not knowing better, even to a point of saying i should be banned. its ****ing rediculous, and if you want to ban me for it, go ahead, it'd show me what AO is really about.

Toxic Dave
02-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I think I like the "new" hostile Josh!!

dave

AGD-OfficeGal
02-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Padiwack--

Calling for you to be banned because of your post is a big overreaction - probably happened because the people can't help associating your post with too many prior posts on the SP subject that annoyed them. You don't deserve the hostility. But please don't overlook the people who didn't trash you! AO isn't all bad or all good - it's just people. Sometimes human nature causes people to read a new post and instantly be reminded of how much the whole subject irritates them - and respond much more harshly than they would have if it were the first post on the topic.

Sorry you got caught up in a fiery situation.

Marcia
AGD-OfficeGal

Steelrat
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Padiwack--

Calling for you to be banned because of your post is a big overreaction - probably happened because the people can't help associating your post with too many prior posts on the SP subject that annoyed them. You don't deserve the hostility. But please don't overlook the people who didn't trash you! AO isn't all bad or all good - it's just people. Sometimes human nature causes people to read a new post and instantly be reminded of how much the whole subject irritates them - and respond much more harshly than they would have if it were the first post on the topic.

Sorry you got caught up in a fiery situation.

Marcia
AGD-OfficeGal

Wow, first time Ive seen that. Also nice to see another Babylon 5 fan :) Its in heavy rotation in my DVD player.

Eatem Alive
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
nor cal still lo...likes you sam :)

WARPED1
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Just delete the damn thread.