PDA

View Full Version : tac one longbow

B.A.M.
02-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Found this gun here (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/specops_longbow.asp) which i think is pretty cool. What do you guys think

Alpha
02-17-2005, 06:32 AM
IT was posted last night a couple times...

I dont think its anythign special. Simply put, paintballs aren't accurate enough for scopes, and they are best used for just looking down the field. And the TAC one counters this with its side moutned picatinny rails.

Evil Bob
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
You're thinking about med to high powere scopes in the 4x-8x category and you're partially right, they are ill suited for aiming a paintball marker due to the limited field of view at the close ranges that paintball markers are limited to.

However, dot sites and low powered (0x - 1.5x magnification) scopes are quite effective and plenty accurate with quality paint and a maker that shoots a consistant velocity, with the right setup, you can consistantly hit your target at 40m.

Having a point of reference (the dot or reticle/cross hair) for where the round should land is far better then just guessing/eye balling where you think the round is going to land, especially when you are actually "sniping" (firing only one round) and not spraying.

-Evil Bob

Creative Mayhem
02-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I kinda like it. Not neccesarily the 21 ball magazine, but they way it mounts to the rail and the stock. Would be much better if we had some different pictures, and maybe even a close up or 2.

_tMAN
02-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. Nothing used for anyhting but scenario's but really a cool looking mag. Although the 21 ball loader doesn't really strike my fancy.

peewee
02-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Ten rounders would be cool!

Magaman
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
I think the loader would look better if it were attached to the barrel or at least snug up next to the barrel... It looks kinda goofy the way they have it... They should make a shroud or something to tie the two together and also be used as a grip rather than the AGD bike grip.

Soopa Villain17
02-17-2005, 10:48 AM
i want one :headbang:

UTDragun
02-17-2005, 11:09 AM
2 things

1. wouldnt it be loud? real 50 cal snipers are loud cuz if you hit what your aiming at then theres no worry. painballs are less accurate.

2. I dont like the 21 round loader, it looks like the gun has two barrels or something. Why not just put a qloader on?

Recon by Fire
02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I think this would be a bit more wieldly:
http://www.punishers-customs.com/gallery/crowdbuster/inline1.jpg

B.A.M.
02-17-2005, 05:35 PM
i want one :headbang:ya im thinking about getting one too just for scenerio

mag88888
02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
they are picatinny rails. my dad used to work for picatinny.........coool. military stuff.

kurama
02-17-2005, 06:58 PM
It's not a bad idea, but not that great of a product. 10 round magazines would be better, and the entire thing assembled has the same profile as a hopper. Isn't the point of a springloaded stock-feed tube on a mech for low profile?

gc82000
02-17-2005, 07:31 PM
That would be a killer scenario gun. but yeah I don't know about the 21 ball loader.
Oh yeah and does that barrel look like it is only 18 inches. looks longer to me.

B.A.M.
02-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Is it possible to get one of those horizontal ball feeds on a CCI phantom on an automag?

germanman
02-18-2005, 01:24 PM
I got a picatanny rail on my M1A does that count?? ANyway, that's beside the point. It would be fun just to have, but I think I'll stick to MY E-Tac for now.
I was more interested in the other items they sell. those guys are crazy! I don't know how well they'd do in a tourney but one things for sure.

They're withe me on OAklahoma D-Day.

SAW
02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
That would be a killer scenario gun. but yeah I don't know about the 21 ball loader.
Oh yeah and does that barrel look like it is only 18 inches. looks longer to me.
It's 18. Great efficiency.

White Wolf
02-18-2005, 02:33 PM
like this mag with CCI One peice feed? Nice for limited paint games. Swaps to regular feed in all of 10 seconds.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/images/AGD/dust-black-LP-mag.jpg

alooney11
02-18-2005, 02:54 PM
The gun above this post looks amazing great job!

B.A.M.
02-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Nice one white wolf. Im still deciding on wheather to get a pump or just modify my mag and put a horizontal feed on it.

jewie27
02-19-2005, 03:05 AM
It's cool that it's an AGD Tac-One but the stupid thing is.....

Just because it's called a "sniper's gun", 300 fps is still 300 fps and it won't shoot farther than any other marker. Like 2 foot barrel is going to help it at all... You probably have to turn the velocity so high that the air starts leaking out the back of the valve, just to get the ball up to speed. WHAT A WASTE OF AIR. Talk about innefficiency....

Chipper
02-19-2005, 09:03 AM
I think its an excellent idea, I really want to see how they got the air-lines hooked up, because if I read right it said that you could atttach your remote to your stock.

Its a awsome idea for scenario, but like whats been said, not very functional anywhere else.

dagon
09-22-2005, 11:02 PM
the barrell is 18", this was decided though actual feild research from special ops. the 21 round mag is for 1 shot one kill, you shoot less, so buy better paint. paint quality is directly related to shot accuracy. as the man said a few posts up"dots are great for paintball". this set-up as with a pump is not for everyone. it is designed for the player that hits his taget not spays his target. simply put, this set-up and ones like it that use the" one shot one kill" are for players who depend on hit the target rather than volume of paint. as far as noise, that depends on wich barrel you use. as you know some are definitely more quiet than others.

sorry for the rant. i just think that we should sometimes think before we speak. be informed, don't nock a marker because you are not familiar to it. but i you just don't like the way it looks, that's cool too.

just fyi, it is also available witha q-loader that mounts under the barrell and i think you can yse a warp with the remainer of the set-up

Duzzy
09-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Welcome to AO.

As for most of your comments they have been addressed in different threads since Feb. but they are good points nonetheless.

The Q-Bow is also mentioned in some of the threads relating to this...

dagon
09-23-2005, 01:28 AM
thanks just went on a rant...off the soap box now :)

Glickman
09-23-2005, 06:50 AM
the barrell is 18", this was decided though actual feild research from special ops. the 21 round mag is for 1 shot one kill, you shoot less, so buy better paint. paint quality is directly related to shot accuracy. as the man said a few posts up"dots are great for paintball". this set-up as with a pump is not for everyone. it is designed for the player that hits his taget not spays his target. simply put, this set-up and ones like it that use the" one shot one kill" are for players who depend on hit the target rather than volume of paint. as far as noise, that depends on wich barrel you use. as you know some are definitely more quiet than others.

sorry for the rant. i just think that we should sometimes think before we speak. be informed, don't nock a marker because you are not familiar to it. but i you just don't like the way it looks, that's cool too.

just fyi, it is also available witha q-loader that mounts under the barrell and i think you can yse a warp with the remainer of the set-up

paintball markers are not effecient, and are poorly consistant by any standards, therefore i think a " 1 ball per kill" is wildly impossible, expecially in woodsball, where there are many more obsticals, including brush that often covers the whole field.

paint quality is directly related to accuracy, but it wont do anything if the barrel isnt the right size. you could be shooting the most spherical balls in the world, and you still wont hit your target if your barrel size doesnt relatively match up with the balls. paint quality will only go so far.

to me, it looks like the 18'' barrel has ALOT of area (could just be from pictures) thats just ported, and after a certain point, thats just useless, the excess air needs to release and stabilize only so much untill it becomes inefficient due to friction, which will effect the ball GREATLY.

i also think people should look before they talk, so i wouldnt chaulk up "1 shot per kill" accuracy to decent paint quality (not always available) and a standard barrel, expecially when you play in the woods with alot of extra stuff that can intercept your ball.

Archangel Zer0
09-23-2005, 09:23 AM

I think it sucks and I've been playing woodsball since '89. You're much better served for the "one shot one kill" mentality with a good pump and not a $300 "upgrade" that decreases the performance of a great marker. I've despised this thing since it came out and wouldn't let it touch my E-Tac if they gave it away free. That's just my humble opinion.

Glickman
09-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I think it sucks and I've been playing woodsball since '89. You're much better served for the "one shot one kill" mentality with a good pump and not a $300 "upgrade" that decreases the performance of a great marker. I've despised this thing since it came out and wouldn't let it touch my E-Tac if they gave it away free. That's just my humble opinion.

thats a very good point, very good

stop whining buy a mag
09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
A: Paintball gun accuracy is a combination of factors. The Longbow Kit maximizes each of these factors to allow you to achieve maximum results. One of the most important factors effecting accuracy is the use of a sight or scope. Because the hopper usually interferes with a sight or scope on most paintball guns, the Longbow uses a horizontal magazine instead of a hopper. You will be amazed at how naturally you're able to sight across the flat, uncluttered top of the Longbow. Also, the ergonomics of a paintball gun drastically effect first-shot accuracy. With perfect trigger pull (distance from the butt to the trigger) and the same balance point as a military assault rifle, the Longbow comes to aim very quickly and accurately. While barrels aren't the greatest factors effecting accuracy, they do play a noticeable role. Eighteen-inch barrels have shown a greater degree of accuracy in our studies than shorter barrels. So, the Longbow calls for a quality eighteen-inch barrel of your choice. Lastly, the Airgun Designs Tac-one, eMag and RT Pro were selected as the first models of the Longbow to be released because of their superior consistency in velocity.

There's all the BS points I could find in just one paragraph of their site. The two "major" factors they mention are overexaggerated. They even go as far as saying your barrel does not play a key role in accuracy. :tard: Oh, and let's ignore TK's research into long vs short barrels. Last time I checked, Mags weren't the most consistent gun out there. They aren't that bad but I'm sure you could set up any high end gun to be in the +/-2 range.

Glickman
09-23-2005, 02:26 PM
the phantom longbow might be more interesting, with a six pack :clap:

fullofpaint
09-23-2005, 02:28 PM
2 things

1. wouldnt it be loud? real 50 cal snipers are loud cuz if you hit what your aiming at then theres no worry. painballs are less accurate.

2. I dont like the 21 round loader, it looks like the gun has two barrels or something. Why not just put a qloader on?
Ah you my friend are a genius: Q-bow (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=100+0010&CAT=106203)
I've ordered one of these, but they're waiting on q-loaders, hopfully I'll have them by next week