PDA

View Full Version : Time for new gear 05

REDRT
02-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Just recieved my new Proflex google system I posted coments on that else where so I won't get into that. Dye C5 jersey is super. Nicest jersey I think I ever had. It has padding in key spots. Not enough for bounces, but it should take the sting out of getting hit there. Might be able to go clubing in something fancy like this.
C5 pack it can hold 13 pods! :wow: I'm a tad fat but she works. Pricey at a hundred bones though. Dye lock pods. Thinking with these babies I won't open them when pulling them out of the pack. Easy to use and I like the bubbled texture so I can grip them better.
Dye knee pads. Worn them under my blue jeans in the shop. Saves my old knees and are comfy for all day wear. I'd get the elbow pads, but my arms too big! I'm not a front guy so I can get by with out them. Dye rino cover on the way. Last years C4 pants will do nicely till I feel like blowing some more money. The only real thing missing is a new gear bag. Mine is getting beat. Can't say enough good things about Dye products and costomer service. JT Proflex google sytems seems very good. I'm a happy camper this year and I thought I'd share my findings.

JoshK
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Good for you...I wish i had enough money to buy...ummm....well...anything like those :(

johnson88
02-17-2005, 06:00 PM
nice i wish i had money to spend on some nice gear but im having trouble saving for my gun.

REDRT
02-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Good for you...I wish i had enough money to buy...ummm....well...anything like those :(

Everything is on average is competitively priced except for the pants and the pack. High dollar things there. Earning the money to buy the things you want is the best reward.

gc82000
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Earning the money to buy the things you want is the best reward.

YOu got that right. As for a gear bag check out the JT gear bags. My friend nate has one and it is the biggest bag of any my teams.

shatter_storm
02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
IMO, the dye gear is well made but really overpriced. I've seen issues with their attack pack system and the locklid pods, but the rest of it's nice stuff. I've even gone out in my '04 proto pants, they're pretty nice looking.

Conversekidz
02-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I never got the idea of the "gear" associated with PB other than the gun and mask. I play in a skate tee and dickies. I quickly learned getting shot with no padding "hurts" and to make sure things arn't sticking out :)

SAW
02-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I never got the idea of the "gear" associated with PB other than the gun and mask. I play in a skate tee and dickies. I quickly learned getting shot with no padding "hurts" and to make sure things arn't sticking out :)
Good to see that I'm not the only one who plays 90% of games in jeans and a T-Shirt.

-=Squid=-
02-17-2005, 11:47 PM
So you're wearing mostly Dye?

SAW
02-17-2005, 11:50 PM
From the list of gear, I'm assuming so.

minimag03
02-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Nice set up. Up untill x-mas, I pleayed in jeans and a white t.

REDRT
02-18-2005, 12:27 AM
YOu got that right. As for a gear bag check out the JT gear bags. My friend nate has one and it is the biggest bag of any my teams.

JTs are big enough 40x19x11 around $109. Unique has one at the same price. Was looking at the Dye Weekender 05 looks like the optimum gear bag for me. Smaller than JTs. But pretty nice at $75. I saw one in APG a "body bag", I think it was called. That seemed real nice. Going to have to wait on that though. Just ordered up a Predator. Getting to the point of having to work extra hard again, but it will be a good season for sure.

Clare
02-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Might be able to go clubing in something fancy like this.

please don't.

:p

REDRT
02-18-2005, 12:38 AM
please don't.

:p

Your probably right. No real clubs here anyway. A good bon fire, ice cold brew and friends. Anything works.

Carbon
02-18-2005, 04:03 AM
the problem with the dyle lock posd is they are made of soft plastic and flex a good deal. Sometimes pack hits will break the balls in the toobs.

REDRT
02-18-2005, 12:13 PM
the problem with the dyle lock posd is they are made of soft plastic and flex a good deal. Sometimes pack hits will break the balls in the toobs.

Well I though of that, but being I'm a back man I don't get hit there too often. I don't crawl and roll over them, putting my wait on them. I figured they would work. I've tried stiffer pods only to have crack when getting hit or just shoty lids that break.
Last year I was running Syn shock pods. Broke a half a dozen of them in verious ways, the foam padding in them kept falling out and the glue residue held in dirt/sand particles that would end up in the Halo and the gun. Don't like them.
My brother runs with Fat Boy pods. They seem to be durable and a very positive closing lids. He hasn't had any problems with thoughs. I guess they would be a good choice if the Dyes fail me.

Conversekidz
02-18-2005, 02:32 PM
you should post pictures :clap:

REDRT
02-18-2005, 04:48 PM

PB gear is for a little bling, but it also serves a purpose. Years ago I saw a posting of a guy that took a hit to the groin. One testical swelled up like to the size of a grapefruit. Inadvertantly he lost that one and the other was dead. No kids for him. A pretty bad thing to happen for a young man to say the least! Sure a cup if he had been wearing one would have saved him in that case. I could be waring a cup and blue jeans, but I hate the cup. Being the C4 pants for instance are highly padded in the proper spots it works out perfectly. Last year I took 3 consecutive hits to the groin area and it never slowed me down. They even bounced as an added bonus. Another reason I like Dye.
Also if the whole team is wearing a uniform it helps one the playing field to know who's who. And it also helps the phyche of the team. It sound weird maybe, but it truely does. It brings the team together better than if everyone wearing something different. It doesn't have to be DYE, Empire ect. It might just be BDUs. Worked for me in the Marine Corps. I feel it makes for a better team, because it limits the (I's) and it give a better sence of belonging. Are team just choose DYE.

JoshK
02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
PB gear is for a little bling, but it also serves a purpose. Years ago I saw a posting of a guy that took a hit to the groin. One testical swelled up like to the size of a grapefruit. Inadvertantly he lost that one and the other was dead. No kids for him. A pretty bad thing to happen for a young man to say the least! Sure a cup if he had been wearing one would have saved him in that case. I could be waring a cup and blue jeans, but I hate the cup. Being the C4 pants for instance are highly padded in the proper spots it works out perfectly. Last year I took 3 consecutive hits to the groin area and it never slowed me down. They even bounced as an added bonus. Another reason I like Dye.
Also if the whole team is wearing a uniform it helps one the playing field to know who's who. And it also helps the phyche of the team. It sound weird maybe, but it truely does. It brings the team together better than if everyone wearing something different. It doesn't have to be DYE, Empire ect. It might just be BDUs. Worked for me in the Marine Corps. I feel it makes for a better team, because it limits the (I's) and it give a better sence of belonging. Are team just choose DYE.

Agreed...can I join? :)

REDRT
02-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Agreed...can I join? :)

What happened to your team?

JoshK
02-18-2005, 05:14 PM
What happened to your team?

Not much...thats my problem.

jewie27
02-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I just got the lock lid pods also. They are great, I never have to worry about spilling my marbles. I've done it 3 times already, losing 130 rounds in 1 second sucks. I go to reach for a pod in my RhinoTech pack, and the lid pops open.....

Blazestorm
02-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Empire 05 React Pants...
Empire 05 React Gloves...
Black/Olive/Grey XXL Longsleeve...
White/Red Bandana...
Black "Modded" Profiler/Grey Profiler...
NXe 3.2.2 Pack
Dye 12.5 ATC's (Gotm for 20 bucks!)

Pretty much my gear... I have an 05 React Jersey that I stitched some padding into, but I look like an empire whore with all that on, longsleeves just look better... :D

jenarelJAM
02-19-2005, 06:00 PM
yeah, im getting a dye weekender 05, dye jersey (havent decided yet, but im thinking gray, possibly a c4 cause its cheaper), stick w/ my skipants and jeans and wrestling knee pads under that, and as far as pods go, im using qpods, so i dont have that problem :dance:
also, if i were to take some old bike gloves and cut the front of the pointer and middle fingers off them, would that work just as well as buying pb gloves? because right now i really dont have more than like an extra $20 for cleats to spend on pb clothes, i gotta save up for gear (new air tank/hoses/asa/rail)

jewie27
02-20-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm finally getting my third and final AGD Pride jersey. (They messed up twice on it).

I don't own a pair of "paintball" pants. I just go to the local Supply Seargent and get black BDU pants for 25 bucks.