PDA

View Full Version : question about eyes

CKY_Alliance
02-18-2005, 09:46 PM
It seems everyone likes breakbeam eyes more then reflective. Why is this?what makes one better then the other?

UTDragun
02-18-2005, 10:02 PM
im no technical expert my any means, but reflective would be slower i think and also if you have debris ie pain on the eye, it will have a more adverse effect than breakbeam

VFX_Fenix
02-18-2005, 10:28 PM
The current logic for a reflective eye is slower than a break-beam eye. However from what I've read reflective eyes can be tuned such that they won't shoot anything except paint (no marbles, ball bearings, misc. random stuff) but dark shelled paint will slow them down a lot more than Break Beam.

Either way, they're both good, Planet Eclipse and Smart Parts both use a reflective eye for their guns.

RRfireblade
02-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Simply put...they are better systems.

Break beam eyes function like your automatic garage door saftey beam,break the beam at all and they trip. They don't care what color your shoes are,or whether the shoe is a different color on one side and the other or if you have light shining in the garage at the same time.

More dependable and reliable over a wider range of conditions.

nirvana1234
02-18-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.scenariodreams.com/eyes.htm

jewie27
02-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks to Level 10, I never have to ever ever ever have to use an ACE board in my life! They can be a pain in the but when they get dirty.