PDA

View Full Version : Green "screen of death" on the X-box

Tbone
11-15-2001, 05:22 PM
Just a note to all your new X-box owners out there. I hope you all don't spend your time seeing this:
http://www.hardocp.com/new_img_01/oct/msxbox.jpg
instead of actually playing games.

Microsoft = bad

:)

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-15-2001, 08:59 PM
oh no, the blue screen has returned in a different form!!!

oh wait, gamecube is better. YEAH RIGHT!!! Despite all of the green screens and what nots, i still hate nintendo.

Tbone
11-15-2001, 09:29 PM
Yeah because Nintendo had everything to do with this thread?:confused:

MagMan5446
11-15-2001, 10:33 PM
But if I had to choose from one, I would pick the X-Box. It has a GeForce video card in it.

FooTemps
11-15-2001, 11:05 PM
I already said it crashes a lot! DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME!?!?!? Wait till this will never happen on an x box; then buy it. Wait a sec, by the time that happens y-box woulda come out by then!!! :D

MajorDamage
11-16-2001, 02:54 AM
...NINTENDO RULES! Microsoft is STEEEEUPID(not trying to flame anyone who loves Microsoft, im just not a fan surry) thats why even though I hardly ever play video games(besides Worms2 on my computer), I wouldnt buy an X-Box. My little brother has like 10-15 diffrent video game systems, he trys to get them all, but he's not planning on getting the X-Box because Microsoft stinx. He's getting a GameCube, and I wanna play that!

ENDO!

FeelTheRT
11-16-2001, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
But if I had to choose from one, I would pick the X-Box. It has a GeForce video card in it.

no it does not have a GeForce card in it... MS and Nvida made a speical chip similar to the ones in GeForce3s but called the Xchip.

Though the Xbox has much better hardware and what not, the point of having a console is having fun. Who the intercourse cares which is better GC or Xbox... any hardcore gammer would just get both anways so whats all the big commonsion about?! I myself do not have time to play games all the time so i will not be purchasing both consoles. I will be buying an Xbox the reason is because i find Nintendo targets more kids rather than mature audiences. Luigi's Mantion wow... going around with a flash light and sucking up ghosts...

atlease we can all agree on one thing... PS2 blows!

XspyX
11-16-2001, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT

O man, that was a crime!

We all know the Playstation is notorious for having the best games. Who can beat Final Fantasy or MGS2? Playstation will always be around, it will not die

jah871
11-16-2001, 04:20 PM
ps2 rules, tony hawk proskater 3 is sweet and so is gta3, its totally different from the others and i can go on about more games..

ProjectMag
11-16-2001, 04:32 PM
XBox is the next Dreamcast and will die just as the DC did. Who has more support? Oh yeah, PS2 does. Playstation will always reign king of consoles.

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-16-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
...NINTENDO RULES! Microsoft is STEEEEUPID(not trying to flame anyone who loves Microsoft, im just not a fan surry) thats why even though I hardly ever play video games(besides Worms2 on my computer), I wouldnt buy an X-Box. My little brother has like 10-15 diffrent video game systems, he trys to get them all, but he's not planning on getting the X-Box because Microsoft stinx. He's getting a GameCube, and I wanna play that!

ENDO!

i challange you to a roping match f00l.

Flamebo
11-16-2001, 05:41 PM
I'm a W2 and W:A proper and racer. Bah!

FeelTheRT
11-16-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by XspyX

Who can beat Final Fantasy or MGS2? Playstation will always be around, it will not die

Final Fantasy?! Ow common, that game is a discrase to RPG games... If you want a real RPG, play Dark Age of Camelot or Baulders Gate (new one comming out).

MGS2, i don't know what the intercourse that stands for but i'm sure it's another defecaty game ;).

XspyX
11-16-2001, 06:38 PM
MGS2, i don't know what the intercourse that stands for but i'm sure it's another defecaty game ;).

O, come on.

Metal Gear Solid 2

Dude, its only the greatest game of all time. You gotta try it. Very in depth

FeelTheRT
11-16-2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by XspyX

O, come on.

Metal Gear Solid 2

Dude, its only the greatest game of all time. You gotta try it. Very in depth

oohh... :rollseyes: , i do'nt see what's so great about that game.. sure cars are cool but the game is hardly fun.

Drew
11-17-2001, 01:08 AM

oohh... :rollseyes: , i do'nt see what's so great about that game.. sure cars are cool but the game is hardly fun.

back the truck up sparky, MGS2 has NOTHING to do with cars:D

FeelTheRT
11-17-2001, 01:39 PM
isn't that a racing game..?

Flamebo
11-17-2001, 03:32 PM
Metal Gear is like an action-adventure series. Covert-style stuff, by far one of the greatest series ever. It's on PS2 as well...

FooTemps
11-17-2001, 10:45 PM

ps2 doens't blow... YOU BLOW! Maybe you should quit blowing, maybe that would make you think straight.:p

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 12:08 AM
I can't stand consoles. GTA series sucked a fat one if you play it on computer (graphic and control wise). MGS2, how the hell did you get the idea that this was a racing game(which suck for consoles too)
I don't like many console games, but Metal Gear Solid was pretty damn fun.

And as for PS2. One game worth playing is NBA Street.

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 12:18 AM
Lol, NBA street is hella fun. I say that ps2 has a lot of downsides to a comp but what console doesn't? I'd much rather play games on the computer. All I need is a better computer. The only problem with computers is that they don't have console games like gta3 and mgs2 released until later.

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 12:23 AM
No, I'm comparing EVERY console with a computer.

You probably have a better computer than me (400 mhz with a voodoo1 and an ATI Rage).

It takes a couple weeks longer because of the graphics(resolutions on a tv is 320x200 and on a computer, you can get much much much higher).

The GTA games are way better on computer.

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
I say that ps2 has a lot of downsides to a comp but what console doesn't?

READ AGAIN! I said that every console doesn't measure up against a computer well. The only problem with the computer is that the can't be played on a 36" or 42"! Playing games on a 42" is hella fun.

Your comp is better. Athlon k6 500mhz, no graphics card, no sound card, 312 megs or ram and windows 98 second edition...

I could always use BLEEM 2 to play my PS2 games on computer.

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 12:45 AM
My computer IS kinda beefy, with its 64 mb of ram and 4 gb hard drive ;)

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
My computer IS kinda beefy, with its 64 mb of ram and 4 gb hard drive ;)

lol... So maybe my computer is better but it's a compaq so it pisses me off all the time.... My drive is only 10 gb so I'm down on space too...

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I hate having no hard drive. I have 2 games on there and 200 mb left free.

FeelTheRT
11-18-2001, 08:29 AM
would u like to buy a HD from me? 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM.

MajorDamage
11-18-2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by SuperOrangeTicTac

i challange you to a roping match f00l.
I am the king of ropes on Worms 2! I love doing the Tarzan thing!

ENDO!

slateman
11-20-2001, 07:45 AM
Tbone (if your still reading this) Contact microsoft tech dept. Tell them about the problem and they will fix it.

You guys who are bashing Microsft are forgetting one little tiny detail:BILL GATES IS RICHER THAN GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

He can pay to have anything fixed or replaced for free. All of you who were talking the different games for PS2 and Gamecube guess what? Microsoft is going to either offer more money for a contract or will flat out buy the company. Microsoft is the all time champ at crushing other companies. Nothing will stop Microsoft, even the government couldn't do it!!!

Bet me: In five years Microsoft has the game market cornered. Nintendo is out of buisness and Sony sells one third of the amount of Playstations.

Thordic
11-20-2001, 09:59 AM
slateman:

Did you notice Bill Gates is worth like 1/3 of what he was worth a few years ago? He's losing money like crazy. :)

slateman
11-20-2001, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
slateman:

Did you notice Bill Gates is worth like 1/3 of what he was worth a few years ago? He's losing money like crazy. :)

Bill Gates is still the richest man in the world. In fact, he's getting more money now because of the government's ruling for Microsoft.

FooTemps
11-20-2001, 05:13 PM
Baulder's Gate and ff aren't very similar. It's like comparing oranges and grapefruits. They are of the same genre but have differnt playing styles...

User
11-21-2001, 07:22 PM
Not sure if this has been said already, but I was looking around on other forums and saw a post related to that picture also. The "XDK" at the top of the error stands for XBox Development Kit I believe (from what I heard), and isn't related to playing the games. All who have bought the XBox have reported flawless operation in playing games that I've seen. The message could be a result of user error messing around with the XDK. :confused:

FeelTheRT
11-21-2001, 07:38 PM
Baulder's Gate and ff aren't very similar. It's like comparing oranges and grapefruits. They are of the same genre but have differnt playing styles...

no it's not like comparing oranges to grapfruits because they are both RPGs. It's like comparing a ripe grape to a an old squishy shaggy grap. The point of playing an RPG is to role play and do different stuff, go on quests while ur bud is fighting kobalts and leveling up. In FF and most other azn RPG games, basicly everything is there already, u get no options, you just follow the game..

FooTemps
11-21-2001, 08:15 PM

no it's not like comparing oranges to grapfruits because they are both RPGs. It's like comparing a ripe grape to a an old squishy shaggy grap. The point of playing an RPG is to role play and do different stuff, go on quests while ur bud is fighting kobalts and leveling up. In FF and most other azn RPG games, basicly everything is there already, u get no options, you just follow the game..

Good point. The end is pre-determined isn't it? Oh well. At least both games are fun...

FeelTheRT
11-21-2001, 09:24 PM

Good point. The end is pre-determined isn't it? Oh well. At least both games are fun...

more of an opinion thing, azn RPGs are hardly fun to me, sure some might have neeto keen graphics but that gets old.