View Full Version : Mini-Mag problems

office888
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Equipment:
Mini-Mag
LvL 10 Kit
Benchmark Frame w/Double-Trigger

Problem:
The marker fails to fire. I followed the entire procedure on AGD's webpage and none of it helped. When I insert my tank, the trigger clicks and I feel pressure when I touch it. But when I pull the trigger, the marker doesn't fire. The valve doesn't even do anything. It's obviously charged, but just doesn't fire...

Can somebody shed some light on this?

usmc8892
02-19-2005, 10:25 PM
have you tried increasing the velocity? also, could the carrier be too snug, try a less snug carrier. is the benchmark frame setup correctly? do you have the stock frame to try and see if that makes a difference?

office888
02-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Uhmm..Sorry, i'm a n00b (I guess we all were once) at AGD markers. How do I increase the velocity? Also, I do not own the original frame. This one was bought used off the ye-old famous auction webpage (Ebay). Will try using a different spring...It came with the stock bolt, which I haven't tried yet. Would prefer a working LvL 10.

usmc8892
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
on the very end of the valve, use an allen key (1/8" i believe) turn it clockwise to increase velocity, and counter-clockwise to decrease velocity. you don't have to turn it in much, just turn it clockwise slowly until you get it to shoot. Is your air tank full? you need about 800 psi as a minimum going into the marker.

office888
02-19-2005, 11:37 PM
w00t! *Victory jig*

Thanks for your advice man, changing out the springs did the trick. Marker works fine and dandy now. Thankee, thankee. *salute*

usmc8892
02-19-2005, 11:41 PM
glad to hear it, is that w/ the stock bolt and spring? with your level 10, what spring were you trying to use? i have a total of 3 markers that are setup w/ level 10 bolts, and i've had to use the shortest spring on 2 of them. it's possible you can get your level 10 kit up and running using the short stock spring.

office888
02-20-2005, 10:16 AM
LvL 10 kit is what I got working...Mine came with four springs, i put the third to the smallest in. Works great, just burnt through an entire 68/3000 tank. Methinks i'm going to have to invest in a moderately sized 4500. *laughs* Works great though, NOT A SINGLE BREAK!!! The LvL 10 sure lives up to it's name. Had a couple *psst* ultra-low velocity shots that just kinda rolled out, but that's a heckuva a lot better than a break.

Future purchases (In order of purchasing time)
4500 PSI tank.. probably somewhere between 68 to 88 Cubic inches.
Intelliframe (Double Trigger)
Warp Feed
X-Valve

Sound like a plan? Warp feed just sounds like a good choice, and since I can get one from a friend of mine for $50, used twice, it's great. It's just a matter. Do you think I should get the Intelliframe first or the X-Valve first? I can get a pretty good rate with the Benchmark frame...