PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag - Manual Safety issue

VFX_Fenix
02-20-2005, 12:11 AM
So I did a little search and from what I've seen there aren't a whole lot of people that actually have this problem.

How many E-Mag users out there have a problem with enguaging their safety unintentionally?

I've done this a few times just by doing a transition from one hand to the other, my right thumb and left index finger both brush the safety button and often turn it on. I also have a problem with turning it on while holding the marker in my right hand because of my thumb position (learned through years of pistol shooting but I won't delve deeper than that).

So to those of you that have this problem is there any way to stiffen the safety such that it won't enguage so easily while not needing a heavy blunt object to turn the safety off?

I'd like to avoid removing the button itself since... well... I don't like the idea of just having an open hole in my trigger frame.

Thanks guys n gal (I'm guessing there's at least one lady in the crowd) :shooting:

Tunaman
02-20-2005, 09:30 AM
If you have an Emag with a safety that engages that easily without flying out of the hole consider yourself lucky. Most of them need a small hammer to engage. ;)

VFX_Fenix
02-20-2005, 11:21 AM
:rofl: Thanks Tuna... doesn't really solve the problem, but I feel special now :cool: :tard:

Tunaman
02-20-2005, 11:25 AM
It's possible that if you change the ball and spring it may get tighter/harder to move. It is also possible that someone has modified the safety button to make it slide easier. ;)

VFX_Fenix
02-20-2005, 12:28 PM
If the button's been toyed with it's certainly not readily apparent, it looks the same all the way around. I did try putting a slightly longer spring into it and... well.. I had to grab a blunt object to get the safety to turn off, but it still turns on nicely :dance:

personman
02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
If you have an Emag with a safety that engages that easily without flying out of the hole consider yourself lucky. Most of them need a small hammer to engage. ;)
Quoted for truth. When I had my emag I literally did need a small hammer to engage it. Don't think he's joking. :)