PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Palmer Tire Stabilizer!

Automaggin2
02-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I dont know how old this is, or if it was posted before, but this is kinda cool.

http://airsoldier.com/regulators/tirestabilizer.jpg

"Tire Stabilizer $95
I've been filling up my car tires with a 20oz CO2 tank, remote hose and on/off for years, but it's always been a very tricky task to manage. Craig Palmer must have been thinking the exact same thing when he came up with the Tire Stabilizer, which is basically a low pressure female Stab with an attached air chuck. Just screw in your tank, and you're ready to fix some flats. Keep one in your trunk for emergencies (or if you're lazy like me and don't feel like fixing that slow leak in your left rear tire until the weather warms up a little).
"

Soopa Villain17
02-20-2005, 03:49 PM
WOW :wow:

trains are bad
02-20-2005, 03:53 PM
You mean you people don't do this already? Shucks.

Bulk tank of CO2 in my closet + laziness= All my bikes have CO2 in the tires. Beats the heck out of dragging the bike pump along. I don't have a "tire stab" though just a female stab, so no guage.

One of the biker dudes I ride with was trying to convince me that CO2 was too heavy to put in bike tires. I did some calculations and figured it might be an ounce or less heavier but that's not significant to me.

mobius
02-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Heavier? I don't think using CO2 would even be a few grams heavier in bicycle tires at 40-60 PSI.

athomas
02-20-2005, 03:58 PM
CO2 is quick but it isn't as stable as air or nitro. The tire pressures will change as they heat or cool. Race teams use nitrogen due to its stability.

jamescell
02-20-2005, 04:19 PM
I wonder is extreme weather would cause solid co2 in yout tire. Try balancing that tire :eek:

trains are bad
02-20-2005, 04:28 PM
40-60 PSI.

I run 100psi +

RRfireblade
02-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll also echo the 'I've been doing that for many years'.They've been on the market forever for filling bike tires from 12 and 16 grams.Beats the heck out of carring a pump along with you.I've been keeping a cheap reg'd 20oz and a plug kit in the trunk w/ the spare for as long as I can remember.Works just fine in a pinch.

Don't think I'd drop 95.00 on the set up tho but I guess if your REAL picky about your tire pressure that'll get it done too.

CKY_Alliance
02-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll also echo the 'I've been doing that for many years'.They've been on the market forever for filling bike tires from 12 and 16 grams.Beats the heck out of carring a pump along with you.I've been keeping a cheap reg'd 20oz and a plug kit in the trunk w/ the spare for as long as I can remember.Works just fine in a pinch.

Don't think I'd drop 95.00 on the set up tho but I guess if your REAL picky about your tire pressure that'll get it done too.

You keep a 20 oz in the trunk during the summer?Never had a burst disc rupture or whatever?

hAppy
02-20-2005, 05:24 PM
wow that is so cool, good stuff Palmer. :clap:

RRfireblade
02-20-2005, 06:54 PM
You keep a 20 oz in the trunk during the summer?Never had a burst disc rupture or whatever?

Yup, stays in there year round. :)

'Cept until 6 months ago, the 'trunk' was inside the Chevy Tracker I used to drive daily. So 'now' it actually in the truck compartment of my new car,strapped down with the jack 'stuff'.

Automaggin2
02-20-2005, 07:08 PM
You keep a co2 container in ur car year round? I have had 3 burst disks break because of temperature change, 2 in my car and 1 in my house

Get a big 40 oz chrome Co2 tank, rig it up in your car and put a "NOS" sticker on it :clap:

trains are bad
02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
CO2 tanks will not blow if they are properly filled.

gc82000
02-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Get a big 40 oz chrome Co2 tank, rig it up in your car and put a "NOS" sticker on it :clap:

I know some ppl who have done this. :rofl:

AGD
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Personally I think its a bad idea because CO2 will penetrate the buna rubber inner tube and leak out. Thats why we use urethane orings instead of the cheaper black ones.

AGD

Cameo
02-20-2005, 11:08 PM
they have been out for at least a year as we were disscussing them at IAO last year. I couldn't figure out exatcially when craig posted in the POG forum about them because the forum had crashed last august or september....
so basically what i am saying is OLD NEWS but good news none the less... Glenn and Craig are soo innovative. :clap:

trains are bad
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
My bike tires do not go flat any faster than they do with air, fwiw.

mobius
02-21-2005, 01:08 AM
I run 100psi +

Ah, you must be a skinny tire road cyclist. :D I come from a mountain biking background, which is why I mentioned 40-60psi. At any rate, it's still probably a similar weight of CO2, when you consider the difference in volume between my tires and yours, even at a higher pressure. :)