PDA

View Full Version : Take THAT $1000 electropneumatics!

Alpha
02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
I did a sound test on my mag today and hit 17bps. I just retuned my LX becuase I was getting some sticks, and took one shim out of my ULT. I can get a little bit of bounce if I stroke the trigger the right way, but its faster if I walk.

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/39/magscantwalk8cp.jpg

Theres the soundwave.

I can't comprehend why EVERYOEN doesn't have a mag... It blows my mind what the capabilities of a marker that was introduced years before we were ready for it (didnt have nitro back then).

If you think about it, the mag design is 10 years old. And still it can compete with, adn blow certain other markers out of the water.

I'm running 850PSI in case anyone was wondering.

sabrefanpc
02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
:wow:

wow congrats! how did you get that display?

Alpha
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah people have been asking me othat on other forums to.. Its called Cool Edit Pro. Its not free, but I've heard of some people actually downloading it from other places. Not that I'd ever do that.

EDIT: I know people like zak vetter and other emag owners can shatter my record, but this is with a preset HP tank, on a mech RT Pro. I just thought it was kinda cool that I got that fast.

tyrion2323
02-20-2005, 07:01 PM
I did a sound test on my mag today and hit 17bps. I just retuned my LX becuase I was getting some sticks, and took one shim out of my ULT. I can get a little bit of bounce if I stroke the trigger the right way, but its faster if I walk.

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/39/magscantwalk8cp.jpg

Theres the soundwave.

I can't comprehend why EVERYOEN doesn't have a mag... It blows my mind what the capabilities of a marker that was introduced years before we were ready for it (didnt have nitro back then).

If you think about it, the mag design is 10 years old. And still it can compete with, adn blow certain other markers out of the water.

I'm running 850PSI in case anyone was wondering.

Yahoo. What's your point?

Do you realize what an uproar AO would make if an electro-shooter made the same post? Mech shooters automatically begin to cry, "cheat-boards" whenever someone hits over 13bps on their electro, and yet bouncing a 'mag trigger is perfectly fine.

The reason that "EVERYONE" doesn't have a mag is simple: they don't compete with today's supermarkers in the following categories:
- speed
- ease of use
- efficiency
- ability to shoot far into tank
- Anti-Chop Eye system
- one-piece body w/ integrated air chamber
- cost-to-performance ratio
- upgradeability (Rogue is pretty much it when it comes to mag only parts)

Furthermore, I'm interested in knowing what markers (aside from spyders and tippmanns) your mag "blows out of the water." Shockers? Timmies? Matrices? Vikings? Even my old stock Omen could hit 15bps easily, and they run for $200 less than a nice mag. 17bps is fast, for sure, but I guarantee you that you have never consistently shot it during a game, so what does it matter?

It "blows my mind" that people continue to harp on the same darn issues over and over again. Everytime an electro-user posts how fast he can shoot with his gun, a big stink is made about cheating/ramping/insert popular rant topic of the day. Why do the same rules not apply to AGD products (hybrid mode).

I apologize for the negative tone of the post. It's not an assault on you or your 'mag. It's cool that you can hit 17 bps, but what gets me is that you claim that everyone should shoot a mag, as well as claiming (ambiguously) that your mag blows away.

Alpha
02-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I have no problem with bounce or ramp at all. Its part of tourney paintball, adn its never going to go away.

The whole design of the mag just amazes me.

I'm sure that not many people can shoot as fast as their gun goes. Teh average person can't walk as fast as their gun is capped, or is capable of shooting.

My mag is mechanical. The only thing not mech abotu my setup is my reloader.

Find me another mech that can shoot 17bps is what I'm saying. I've seen people tap into their cockers and make hAir-style pneu triggers and such, and those are just about all I can think of.

I really dont have any problem with electropneumatics. Hell I'd love to have an empire timmy, DM4/5, or an A4 or something high end like that.

When it comes to speed on a mech, its crazy. The only thing difficult about a mag is learning how to tune the Level 10, and thats no harder then learning to time a cocker. Sure it won't operate when you've got less then 1kPSI, but I will rarely walk onto a field if I don't have at least 2kPSI. And yes, mags are generally inefficient on air. However I can live with that if I have a bolt that I can stick my tounge into and start shooting and come out with not even the slightest redness. Mags are some of the simplest guns out, and a $450 RT pro can function identical to mine. My mag is nothign special or out of the ordinary. And finally to combat upgradability, you really dont need to. The valves have built in regs.. Level 10. A trigger frame maybe. And a ULT... Is there anything else you really need to do?

Aside form that, all other parts are pretty much universal (tanks hoppers, barrels, on/offs, etc).

But I do see where your comign from with the whole hate to high end markers.

Even if its out of place to ask why EVERYONE doesnt have a mag, how come not even a lot of people have mags? Or a smigeon of people? The most people I've seen in one game using mags is 4 when I balled yesterday. And I've been to my own fair share of big games adn scenarios.

EDIT; Oh btw, that Shadow rail I ordered adds 10BPS onto any setup. Check it out guys! :clap:

Soopa Villain17
02-20-2005, 07:36 PM
oh ya :cuss: , thats to tyrion2323

tony3
02-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Wow kid, please stop acting so immature. Your tacone isn't the best gun in the world.

Alpha
02-20-2005, 07:50 PM
oh ya :cuss: , thats to tyrion2323

He never said anything bad. Just stated facts.

slade
02-20-2005, 07:54 PM
i heard a little kid saying to a friend "have you seen those mags?! theyre shooting like 20 bps!!" at the time i thought it was just a newbie comment, but i guess he wasnt that far off ;) . and cool edit pro is not free, but you can evaluate it for a while, and after that period is over you can still use it for soundgraphs, you just cannot save any files.

The reason that "EVERYONE" doesn't have a mag is simple: they don't compete with today's supermarkers in the following categories:
- speed
- ease of use
- efficiency
- Anti-Chop Eye system
i beg to differ on a lot of those. speed? an x-mag or e-mag can keep up with just about any electro. if you want to consider ramping, well theres the devilmag with the predator board. now ive never shot one, but im sure it can keep up with any other marker.

ease of use? where did that come from? what marker is easier to use than a mag?

ACE? what about the x-mag and devilmag?

one piece body? x-mag. but i fail to see why anyone needs or wants that.

cost to performance ratio? well im sure there are better deals, but im happy with my mag (even though it may not be as fast as electros) and it sure cost a lot less than high-end electros do.

upgradeability? what about rogue, logic, WWA, GA devil, nicad, and PTP? and even the mq-valve, but then again i guess thats not exactly a mag.

The most people I've seen in one game using mags is 4 when I balled yesterday. And I've been to my own fair share of big games adn scenarios
4 mags? did i miss one? oh well, there would have been one more if ken showed up like he said he would...

Alpha
02-20-2005, 07:58 PM
There was you adn your buddy, and I believe there was someone else with a stock RT Pro(on the outside at least). Plus me makes four.

I went over to the chrony to waste some of my own paint, and I let off a few ropes while I was autofiring.. Turned a couple heads over at the fill station.

:clap:

And another reason why mags own.. My mag isnt' anythign appecial. Anyone with a ULT and a few extra shims can shoot that fast.

nt2004
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM

Do you realize what an uproar AO would make if an electro-shooter made the same post? Mech shooters automatically begin to cry, "cheat-boards" whenever someone hits over 13bps on their electro, and yet bouncing a 'mag trigger is perfectly fine.

- speed
- ease of use
- efficiency
- Anti-Chop Eye system

Furthermore, I'm interested in knowing what markers (aside from spyders and tippmanns) your mag "blows out of the water." Shockers? Timmies? Matrices? Vikings? Even my old stock Omen could hit 15bps easily, and they run for $200 less than a nice mag. 17bps is fast, for sure, but I guarantee you that you have never consistently shot it during a game, so what does it matter?

It "blows my mind" that people continue to harp on the same darn issues over and over again. Everytime an electro-user posts how fast he can shoot with his gun, a big stink is made about cheating/ramping/insert popular rant topic of the day. Why do the same rules not apply to AGD products (hybrid mode).

I apologize for the negative tone of the post. It's not an assault on you or your 'mag. It's cool that you can hit 17 bps, but what gets me is that you claim that everyone should shoot a mag, as well as claiming (ambiguously) that your mag blows away.

wow way to rain on his parade. He wasnt looking for an argument, so why did you start one? :rolleyes:

gc82000
02-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Good post alpha too bad it was messed up bu others.

GT
02-20-2005, 09:35 PM
1 speed
2 ease of use
3 efficiency
4 ability to shoot far into tank
5 Anti-Chop Eye system
6 one-piece body w/ integrated air chamber
7 cost-to-performance ratio
8 upgradeability (Rogue is pretty much it when it comes to mag only parts)

You started it and I dont want to work on homework right now so here we goes.....

1. think you need to find somemore vids if this is not enough for you.
2. wtf does that mean? Mag is one of the most relible guns on the planet, your post makes no sense
3. mag gets bewteen 1000-1400 per 68/4500. I can think of a few guns that get better, some cockers, vik/excal, some timmy's, most guns get worse
4. and that means what? if your gun is more efficient than a mag why bother shooting "deeper" into the tank. The only place I here this is from internet 'ballers
5. because eyes work all the time? personally I take my chance with a halo or lvlx
6. Ill give you that one, I wish my mag had a simliar desgin
7. You are going to have to define what cost and performance is. All guns shoot 300 fps. I can buy a wally world special if the only performance I desire is 300fps and 8bps.
8. 99.9% of the Best guns never EVER need an upgrade. Think of all the great guns over the past 5 years and all upgrades do is screw them up.

so the mag wins: 1,2,3,5
your magic gun wins: 6
and you need help with number 7

GT
02-20-2005, 09:37 PM
And another reason why mags own.. My mag isnt' anythign appecial. Anyone with a ULT and a few extra shims can shoot that fast.

how many shims, ult, are you using? lvlx shims or ult?

Alpha
02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Not sure how many shims.. I forget. I had seven or eight in it the other day, adn I was getting it to go full auto when I sweetspotted it. I took one shim out, and I could bounce 2-3 shots if I tried, but only if I hit the sweet spot.

So I'm not sure. I got my LX's mixed up with my ULTs, and I even lost some shims in my newbness.

Blazestorm
02-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Congratulations.

I can hit 31 with bounce... you can hit 17... ya... :)

I can hit 18 legally... you can hit... 10-11?

And btw my gun is 950... not 1000 ;)

Carbon Blue
02-20-2005, 10:42 PM
damn ive got 5 ULT and 1 lvl10 shim in my ULT and i cant fit anymore. I dont get any bounce or anything at around 850 psi.

Alpha
02-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Mags dont just bounce when you walk. Not unless you have an insane amount of pressure going into them.

The way I have my mag set up, you can only get 2-3 shots of bounce if you lightly sweetspot the trigger. When you walk a mag, you have to push down harder and longer then you would an electro, so like I said, unless you have a lot of pressure going into it, you won't get the bounce.

17bps, no bounce 850 PSI ON A MECHANICAL gun. I tihnk thats something to boast about. :cheers:

Oh yeah... Well my mag has a LX, so it makes pizza, and theres a special shim you can put in so it dispenses hand sanitizer.

EDIt Yeah every mag seems to be a little bit unique from its brethren. Try turning your velocity up all teh way (just for kicks), and lightly push teh trigger back ever so slowly. See if you get any autofire or bounce.

minimag03
02-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Congrats.
Was this with paint? Some of the shots could have been short strokes.

kenndogg
02-20-2005, 11:49 PM

- speed
- ease of use
- efficiency
- Anti-Chop Eye system

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Why don't more people shoot mags? Little to no advertisment of the product, for the price you can get a nice electro. a mech for 350+ just don't seem worth it nowadays.

Blazestorm
02-21-2005, 01:31 AM
I'd rather shoot an Ion than a mag.

Ion = No Chops, More Efficient, Cheaper, Faster, Lighter............

Ya... LVL 10 is not perfect, it will never be perfect. Break-Beam eyes = damn near perfect.

Videos mean nothing. Sound Clips mean nothing. Seeing it in person is what matters, and being able to prove there's no bounce.

I've shot 17 in-game, with paint, for half a hopper.

Electro-Pneumatic markers ARE better, in many ways.

Exedius
02-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Blaze im glad you like FisherPrice`s new Marker they said they made it safe for ages 3 and up :rofl:

Blazestorm
02-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Haha. If given the choice, I'd buy 2 Ions for the price of a "custom" mag. One backup of a backup to my Ego.

nt2004
02-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Break-Beam eyes = damn near perfect.

So why does my friend's timmy with break beams chop all the time even with a Halo and brand new detents? Oh yeah, because the eyes barely ever work.

phantomhitman
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Mech shooters automatically begin to cry, "cheat-boards" whenever someone hits over 13bps on their electro, and yet bouncing a 'mag trigger is perfectly fine.

that pretty much sums it up around here. you can rant and rave all you want, but people are definatly biased on the electro bounce vs mech bounce around here.....i dont know why though..... :confused:

good job on the mag though, nice speed for a mech, :headbang:

GT
02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
you can rant and rave all you want, but people are definatly biased on the electro bounce vs mech bounce

maybe if more people knew what they were talking about or were more up front about what they can and can't do....

phantomhitman
02-21-2005, 12:30 PM
why does it matter? why cant you leave the idiots alone that say i can shoot 18 bps with no bounce? instead everyone says it bounces, ramps, or uses a mode...of course it does!! IT DOES NOT MATTER THOUGH?! but all of a sudden zak makes a video of a mag bouncing at 34 bps and its the coolest thing in the world, no one mentions that it sucks because he is not legally pulling that fast. i applaud zak for all of his videos, i even like them, but i also like videos of vikings, trixs, and timmies running away at the same speed or near it. take it easy..... :cheers:

slade
02-21-2005, 01:18 PM
why does it matter? why cant you leave the idiots alone that say i can shoot 18 bps with no bounce? instead everyone says it bounces, ramps, or uses a mode...of course it does!! IT DOES NOT MATTER THOUGH?! but all of a sudden zak makes a video of a mag bouncing at 34 bps and its the coolest thing in the world, no one mentions that it sucks because he is not legally pulling that fast. i applaud zak for all of his videos, i even like them, but i also like videos of vikings, trixs, and timmies running away at the same speed or near it. take it easy..... :cheers:
in threads like this, theres always someone that mentions zak's videos and how no one complains about the speed and how its not legal, but i also remember zak had a video of a viking shooting a qloader and halo along with zak's sfl, and no one complained about the viking.

tony3
02-21-2005, 01:24 PM
So why does my friend's timmy with break beams chop all the time even with a Halo and brand new detents? Oh yeah, because the eyes barely ever work.

Because he knows nothing about timmys? I have owned lets see....5 timmys, and can only recall breaking a ball once, because I was using a revvy and my bip was too low.

LVL 10 is annoying as hell. When it works, it is cool. Mine always leaked and I had to change carrier sizes everytime I played.

magman007
02-21-2005, 01:36 PM

you sir, are a moron. eyes work better than LX. in a timmy, if the ram is adjusted correctly, and your halo isnt pushing past the detents, they will work flawlessly. there is no way to actually chop a ball, (unless on delayed)

you do realize that the marker (on forced) will not fire at all, untill the eyes see a ball?

dm5's, well they have an even better advantage. the bolt is quite light (lx soft) and it has eyes, not to mention its a fast, reliable platform.

please, dont comment unless you know what the heck you are talking about. Eyes barely ever work, this is just a flat out ignorant statement. and you appear to be a flat out ignorant poster

phantomhitman
02-21-2005, 01:54 PM
in threads like this, theres always someone that mentions zak's videos and how no one complains about the speed and how its not legal, but i also remember zak had a video of a viking shooting a qloader and halo along with zak's sfl, and no one complained about the viking.

never once did i complain about anything, in fact i said "i applaud zak for all of his videos, i even like them". And if you read the sentence right after i mentioned zak i said "but i also like videos of vikings, trixs, and timmies" refering to videos with them bouncing like mad. i used zak because he is most well known person here on ao that makes videos, and there is nevre a negative comment in his threads.

the point is some people on here a very quick to rip apart "main stream" electros because of their modes, but no dare say anyhting about a mech mag, or even emag, bouncing around at 1100 psi because that would be blasphemy. fair is fair, just try to remember that the next time someone jumps on a person that says they pull 18 bps on a timmy. everyone likes to show off................
im done, back to my hole

slade
02-21-2005, 02:32 PM
never once did i complain about anything, in fact i said "i applaud zak for all of his videos, i even like them". And if you read the sentence right after i mentioned zak i said "but i also like videos of vikings, trixs, and timmies" refering to videos with them bouncing like mad. i used zak because he is most well known person here on ao that makes videos, and there is nevre a negative comment in his threads.

the point is some people on here a very quick to rip apart "main stream" electros because of their modes, but no dare say anyhting about a mech mag, or even emag, bouncing around at 1100 psi because that would be blasphemy. fair is fair, just try to remember that the next time someone jumps on a person that says they pull 18 bps on a timmy. everyone likes to show off................
im done, back to my hole
re-read my post, i never said or implied that you complained about anything. what i said was, true no one complains about how zak is shooting fast illegally, but no one complained either when the viking was shooting just as fast illegally.

GT
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
you sir, are a moron. eyes work better than LX.

Anyone care to know why I sold my brand new featherlight viking. 3rd game, chop, chop, chop. I didnt wait 7 months and pay 1300 bucks for a "custom" gun to blend paint on its first day.

I have never ever had a chop from lvlX, and I have had a mag with lvlX since day one.

Only reason I would ever buy an electro is for slightly better efficiency and the first 3 shots. After that it is an e-cool contest.

nt2004
02-21-2005, 04:13 PM
you sir, are a moron. eyes work better than LX. in a timmy, if the ram is adjusted correctly, and your halo isnt pushing past the detents, they will work flawlessly. there is no way to actually chop a ball, (unless on delayed)

you do realize that the marker (on forced) will not fire at all, untill the eyes see a ball?

dm5's, well they have an even better advantage. the bolt is quite light (lx soft) and it has eyes, not to mention its a fast, reliable platform.

please, dont comment unless you know what the heck you are talking about. Eyes barely ever work, this is just a flat out ignorant statement. and you appear to be a flat out ignorant poster
Wow thanks for the slap in the face. I would like to make it clear that I dont enjoy people calling me a moron when I'm obviously stating what is fact to me. Now review my post, where did I say all eyes dont work? Anywhere? I simply said that my friends intimidator chops like crazy even with eyes on. Thats a fact, simply put. Now you are telling me that I'm an idiot because my friends eyes are crap? Have you ever met me? I posted to expose a flaw in tony3's logic. Not all eyes are perfect and they dont prevent 100% of chops. My level 10 never gives me any problems when i play, no leaking, shoot down, bolt stick etc. and my friend's gun chops like mad because his eyes suck. Yes its the exact opposite of Tony's experience but who cares. Two opposing viewpoints.

I said that just like how level 10 doesnt prevent 100% of chops, eyes dont either. So stop talking crap, you obviously can barely read what I said seeing how you just jumped straight down my throat with your ignorant flaming. My friends gun was on forced, had brand new detents, had fresh batteries in his Halo, had everything set just right so it wouldnt chop and it did, because his eyes are defective and they are registering incorrectly every shot. I know you are going to tell me that this is just one case, but it proves my statement is correct, eyes arent flawless and neither is level 10.

nt2004
02-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Because he knows nothing about timmys? I have owned lets see....5 timmys, and can only recall breaking a ball once, because I was using a revvy and my bip was too low.

LVL 10 is annoying as hell. When it works, it is cool. Mine always leaked and I had to change carrier sizes everytime I played.
It doesnt matter how many balls you have broke, eyes obviously arent perfect. People have problemms with eyes on all guns, and even though some of them work flawlessly, there are still some eyes that are defective or just plain suck. Eyes dont work 100% of the time, just like how level 10's only work for some people. Neither of them are perfect, so dont make it sound like eveyone who's eyes dont work is a retard.

68magOwner
02-21-2005, 06:11 PM
I prefer my viking, you apparently prefer your mag, thats fine, but, the fact that you say 'take that all you electrophenumatic shooting fools' is what has people upset.

Alpha
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah I kinda regretted saying that a page back... lol.

I have nothing against high end electros. I'd give up my computer to have one of those Olive Drab DM4's... But then again I'd also give up my comptuer for one of those mags fitted inside in M14 over at rap4.com.... Sweet secks..

:cheers:

Chipper
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Here, you all cheat.

Pump players are the only ones who don't.

:D