PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Generation Warp Feed?

jewie27
02-21-2005, 03:30 AM
I don't know if there is a post on this already but I heard that there is a prototype or another version of the Warp Feed.

Will someone link me to the pictures of it?

Or is this a project that AGD is currently working on?

Muzikman
02-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Tom had an idea in mind that he showed a quick drawing of, but I doubt AGD will ever do anything with it. I don't think the warp was a big enough seller to try and make another one.

Bolter
02-21-2005, 08:44 AM
the Halo is similar I suppose, but its on top, and theres always the q loader.

Chronobreak
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM
yes it was a lab proto or soemthing tom was messing with(no pics)

i really like the warp but alot of people dont or just say they dont and never try it

jewie27
02-21-2005, 01:34 PM
the Halo is similar I suppose, but its on top, and theres always the q loader.

That wasn't my question...

I was talking about the WARP FEED.

I will never have a use for a big fat HALO that feeds 30 BPS and jams.

magman007
02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
jewie, he is saying that the HALO is much like a warp feed refined, it just sits on top.

now you have to realize, that the warp didnt sell very well at all, there fore, tom has no reason to try and release another one, it wouldnt be cost effective what so ever. Understand?

if you arent satisfied with the warp, or want another place to try it, grab a q loader. if not, stick with a halo, they really are the best means of feeding your gun.

also, warps jam as well

jewie27
02-21-2005, 01:46 PM
jewie, he is saying that the HALO is much like a warp feed refined, it just sits on top.

now you have to realize, that the warp didnt sell very well at all, there fore, tom has no reason to try and release another one, it wouldnt be cost effective what so ever. Understand?

if you arent satisfied with the warp, or want another place to try it, grab a q loader. if not, stick with a halo, they really are the best means of feeding your gun.

also, warps jam as well

Warps NEVER jam. I've had mine for 3 years now. The discs will just slip past the paint when the breech is already loaded. HALOs can also push paint past some ball detents.

A Q-Loader doesn't have enough capacity and you can't really reload until it's empty.

magman007
02-21-2005, 01:50 PM
never jam eh? well you are lucky, because in fact, the warp can jam, i had mine jam on me, and i know others that have had warp jams. pmi paint seems to be the favorite paint to jam as well, the discs wont slip past it.

Muzikman
02-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Warp will jam.

Large paint will jam. This means, do not let paint sit in the warp between games.

Too small of paint will jam (ok, it's not really a jam) but it will not feed.

The warp is not an end all to loader problems. That being said, I ahve a hard time playing without it.

Creative Mayhem
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I have seen warps jam, especially the one that was on display in the booth and the AGD Cougar... I am proud to say that I have never had a jam in my warps. :clap:

space_weazel_45
02-21-2005, 02:21 PM
look on the US patent website for AGD's patents, I remember seeing it there.

jewie27
02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
The only time my Warp will ever jam is when the batteries die. Which I will never allow to happen.

Bolter
02-21-2005, 07:25 PM
ok sorry for the confusion in my earlier post. All I meant was that the Halo does a very similar job that the warp does although some of the benefits for both are different. I have just stopped using the warp after three years playing Pro in Millenium events. with it. I now use a centre feed Halo, and after I have eliminated user error (which is 90% of equipment error) I dont mind it at all.

In summary, and to maybe help you make your mind up, the warp is the very best thing when you are in your barracade, centre feed is good for everything else (running, running & shooting, diving, shooting lefty) blah blah blah

trains are bad
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
I've never had, or seen, a warp jam myself. I have three.

m-98
02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
There are some photoshopped pictures of the idea for the next Warp in this thread

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162705&highlight=gen+warp+feed

ScatterPlot
02-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Bolter- You know you can still use a warp to shoot lefty, correct? I mean if it's set up for righty. You turn it to the side and it still feeds, albeit only for a few shots. But that's good for me cause I can't shoot lefty to save my life.

FSU_Paintball
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I've never had my halo jam. I had it break paint once when I had its sensitivity misadjusted. I've never had it push paint past a detent (use decent detents... not a big deal)

Not to say that Halos can't jam or cause problems. But all I'm trying to say is that they're probably not as bad as you make them out to be. It's not like the Warp is completely problem free either.

Anyways, you gotta use a hopper with the Warp... it's nothing by itself.

Bolter
02-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Bolter- You know you can still use a warp to shoot lefty, correct? I mean if it's set up for righty. You turn it to the side and it still feeds, albeit only for a few shots. But that's good for me cause I can't shoot lefty to save my life.

yes, like I say, I have used warp for years and I understand and use all the techniques, and have developed a few of my own. I am fully versed with the warp and its uses.

But the halo came out. And its much easier to do 90% of paintball with the hopper on top. Trust me.