PDA

View Full Version : Ait Tank on an airplane

Lorenz0666
02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
how do i go about bringing my tank and my gun for that matter on a an air plane down to florida with me?

Mav D MagMan
02-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Talk to your airline rep and look up the ASTM standards (click the search button if there aren't any around).

Unless you want to remove your valve from your tank, I would suggest shipping it down. Your marker ought to be okay, if you put it in a hard case or something like that and let your airline folks know you're going to have it in your bag. I fly United like that between cali and colorado all the time.

Will

*Edit* here you go: http://www.automags.org/forums/search.php?searchid=357943

athomas
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I've flown with mine. In order to get the tank on the plane, you must remove the regulator from the bottle. You might get away with not having to do that, but you might also arrive without your bottle if they check the luggage. The marker just needs to be placed in your luggage. Don't lock the bags. If they see anything that looks suspicious, they will cut the locks anyway and may give you a hastle just for doing it.

I've flown across borders like that and had no problems. Let the airlines know what is in your luggage and you should be fine.

jamescell
02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I just went down to flordia, I shipped my tank my buddies tank and both our markers, it only cost $17 and took 2 days. I brought my marker back w/ me, no problems. The air line told me it's no big deal to take the tank along as long as the reg is removed. You can even take the tank in your carry on, that way you know it won't get crushed.

Tunaman
02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Just dont fly ATA airlines. No tanks AT ALL on those planes. We had to toss out a nice flatline on the way back from AGD last time. ATA sucks for that. :mad:

jamescell
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Just dont fly ATA airlines. No tanks AT ALL on those planes. We had to toss out a nice flatline on the way back from AGD last time. ATA sucks for that. :mad:
WOW that is not cool at all! I guess the best bet is call ahead. We flew airtran, When I called them they said they wouldn't care if the tank was closed. They only wanted the tank empty. It's the security authority that requires the reg to be removed. They want to make sure it's not a bomb :ninja:

teufelhunden
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM

..or spend $10 and mail it to yourself from the airport..

SlartyBartFast
02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Considering that it won't be insured if you put it on the aircraft with you, boxing it up and shipping it separately with appropriate insurance is the best way to go.