PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Mag? Now do u think im crazy

marc
11-15-2001, 08:23 PM
hey another thing i thought up in my messed up head today was a true magnetic mag. why just have a magnetic trigger when u can have the whole marker magnetic. I Drew a pic of this but its at school if any1 wants to see it tell me and ill get it. But anyways this is how i think it might work. First it would be all electro magnetics so the magnetics can turn on and off. Next is have an electro magnet on the back of the bolt it can be connected by a railing that goes as far as it does so it has power the whole time. also have a magnet where the bolt meants the back. to shoot the bolt turn both magnets on. then to bring it back turn the bolt magnet off and the back magnet will atract the bolt. no spring involved. you would probibly need more that just those magnets but thats just for starters. you would also need an air sorce still so the ball has some more momentum going down the barrel than just the bold hitting it. I think the bolt would have to be a fomie. But im sure Tom and AGD have already tried this or are working on it. Would the magnets even be enough force to push the ball fast enough? THE marker would also have to be electronic so it could "tell" the magnets to turn on and off I think im gana do this for a science project if I ever get one. And i think you would need a different material for the body so it dont attract the magnets. Just emagine the size of he battery for that, and u thought the emag battery was big. Just an idea. What do u think of it. U likes u hate. u think it will work or wont work. Or do u think im crazy or a geinus or on that fine line imbetween.Thanks for readin if you got any inportant Qs or anything email me at slickone87@aol.com

FooTemps
11-15-2001, 08:38 PM
WAY TOO MUCH ENERGY REQUIRED! If the emag came with a micro fusion generator it would work...

zads27
11-15-2001, 08:44 PM
No, it would not work. Think of it this way, when using air, the ball accelerates to 300 fps in 7", if you tried accelerating the ball with the bolt alone, it would have to accelerate in about 0.5" to 300 fps. Unfeasable, unless you use a very long bolt so that you can accelerate the ball over a greater distance. There's a whole number of reasons why it wouldn't work. Blah Blah Blah,
Unfeasable,
Unpractical,
and I highly (almost certainly) doubt you yourself could do it, unless you have some massive determination and resources to make something only you would want.

And from this idea, I don't think you are a genius, insane, or on the fine line inbetween.

Potatoboy
11-15-2001, 09:14 PM
You could always use magnetic balls and mag-lev them down the barrel.

I've always wanted a paintball railgun.

P.S. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.