PDA

View Full Version : Dye "cockers"

punkncat
02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I am noticing that Dyes website has a serious lack of support for products they are no longer selling. The Dye Matrix may as well have never existed according to the site, and of course their cockers are the same.

From what I have been able to find, the Dye cocker body was milled from Orr bodies. Of course they created a custom block and this twistlock design that is both unique to the Dye cocker, and unsupported by them now.

What do end users do with these bolt/backblocks now? Is there anyone making a bolt for them? Are there so few of them out there that shops aer just letting them slide into obscurity?

I am assuming that the rest of the Dye cocker will use +2K parts ?

VFX_Fenix
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
The DYE pneums will work on any Cocker as far as I am aware, so the front block should be interchangable. The bolt issue is something I'm not sure of and I'll assume that the bolt style is no longer supported, so you should be able to take a 2K back block of your choice and use a standard 2K bolt if you want to replace your existing bolt/block combo.

FSU_Paintball
02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
I owned an Ultralite for awhile.

To my knowledge, the only thing that isn't completely compatible with other cockers is the back block/bolt.

Most people have a hole drilled through the back block so that they can use standard bolts with it.

I found a delrin bolt specifically made for dye cockers on ebay. I doubt you could find another.

Carbon Blue
02-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I owned an Ultralite for awhile.

To my knowledge, the only thing that isn't completely compatible with other cockers is the back block/bolt.

Most people have a hole drilled through the back block so that they can use standard bolts with it.

I found a delrin bolt specifically made for dye cockers on ebay. I doubt you could find another.

i have a dye reflex autococker and if u can give me the link to this bolt i would greatly appreciate it. The guy who had my gun took a wrench to the twist lock bolt :cry: so im in the market for a new one, but having it drilled is my last option.

punkncat
02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I haven't checked yet, but it seems like a stock bolt wouldn't fit anyway. It should be too long, given that the gun has a p block. Of course I don't have one ....yet....

If I had to drill the block , I think I would try and go with a pin that comes in from the top.

Carbon Blue
02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
hmmm if i did have the block drilled what kind of bolts would the reflex take?

FSU_Paintball
02-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmm... I thought standard would fit

If not, I'm nearly sure Evo-length would fit.

BigEvil
02-23-2005, 09:38 AM
I have a Psychobalistics Superbolt, which is basically a Dye rip-off. It has the same bolt/back block. The spring loaded b-b that holds tension on the bolt came apart, so the bolt would wiggle loose. I couldnt find a replacement, and psychobalistics wouldnt even respond to me, so I just drilled and tapped a 8/32 hole through the top of the back block. I use a thumb screw that goes about halfway through the bolt to keep everything where it belongs. This design is a real pain in the butt. Im seriously thinking about just dumping the body all together and getting a genuine Bud one

Carbon Blue
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
hmm ill look into that psychoballastics bolt. is it made out of delrin?

BigEvil
02-23-2005, 01:26 PM
No, its made out of aluminum, and its not the greatest IMO. I wont be home tonight, but tomorrow I can post some pics of the mod I did. It was real easy and worked well.

minimag03
02-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Have you tried calling Dye?