PDA

View Full Version : HI im new...

Fiero
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
just thought i would make this to say hello to every one!!!!!!! and a few questions :D :D

im just getting into paintballing and i was wondering what should i look for when buying an automag?? and can you buy 68classic automag anymore?

The Action Figure
02-22-2005, 04:31 PM
welcome! Great to see you getting into paintball, if your looking for a 68 classic mag Private Message Tunaman and ask him to hook you up. Tell him how much you have to spend, and if you will be running c02 or Nitro (Nitro is much better). Hope that helps

Fiero
02-22-2005, 04:38 PM
welll i allready have an offer for a classic automag for £50 so i was just wonderin if thats good or not and what i should be looking out for?

Chronobreak
02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Welcome to AO

sry i dont know what 50(euro or lira or w/e is american) :(

Target Practice
02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Welcome to AO

Those are pounds.

SAW
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Welcome to AO

1 Pound = 1.9 USD. Do the math.

FromTheBack
02-22-2005, 05:12 PM
so hes roughly paying about 98 or so dollars for it. which isnt bad but it depends on what it comes with.

Chipper
02-22-2005, 05:19 PM
It still might be a good idea to contact Tuna, he would hook you up with a good deal that might end up being a little nicer.

minimag03
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
That is a deal on an Automag, even if it is a stock classic. I'd take it, but make sure all the seals are in working order.

Dirge
02-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Welcome to AO. You'll like it here. So long as it works, take it. you wont regret it. :cheers:

Fiero
02-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Well i get a barrel and a hopper with it... and im paying $95.5(for the lazy people...lol)

so how good are tehse markers im doing research on best markers for a begginer and ive been told these are pretty good but i would also like to get others opinoin and what up grades can i get for them and are they cheap??
:)

i wanna know everything about them really :D so i thought this is teh best place... :hail:

SummaryJudgement
02-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome Fiero! ;) Glad you stopped by. I would always like to support the automag community by supporting your interest. However, if this is a first gun buy for you, you may want to consider getting a simpler mechanical gun like a Tippmann. My first gun was an autococker and boy was that a mistake. I have a great autococker now and love it (especially since I learned to fix the darn thing), but having a stock autococker in 1997 without knowing how to fix it was very frustrating. Tippmann's are rock solid and easy to fix. A few after-market parts can really increase performance. It's a good starter gun.

That's just an opinion. If you get a good working mag you may not have to have it tuned or tinkered with for a while.

Either way, good luck to you.

SummaryJudgement

Fiero
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
I can learn quickly about these things... if not then you can find everything on the internet to help me :D

peewee
02-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome!! Mags are as solid as any tippy & easier to work on. A classic is a great first marker!!! Tune an automag??? Maybe a level X. :shooting: Classic for $100 I'd do it..

Fiero
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
so i guess i should defintly take this mag for £50($95.5) :D then i can start :shooting: ]
are tehy good enuf to take on to a site?

txaggie08
02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
mags can basicaly be upgraded as far as you need it. i mean between a modified emag, or the devilmag, thers not much that can shoot any faster(legaly anyways)mags dont have quite the VOLUME of upgrades asother guns, but there may be a reason for that(especialy with the lack of internals upgrades ) :)

Fiero
02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
ok, thanks you lot.....

ive seen the devil mag that looks pretty sweet... but it cost abit :(

but if i get this gun im going to buy me some of those grips... :dance:

peewee
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
What do you have as an air source? HPA or CO2? If CO2 look for an expansion/ gas thru grip. Is the hopper an agaitator type or a standard gravity feed? mags can shoot fairly fast & you could have chopping issues.

wanna-b-ballin'
02-22-2005, 11:24 PM
the automag should be fine if you are just starting.
they can shoot fast, so get at least a revvy.
as your experience gets better, you can upgrade it to keep up with your ability.

and as for tippmanns being easier to understand and use? i think not. my mag comes all the way apart with 2 screws. my brothers tippmann 98 custom comes apart with like 5 screws, then everything can fall out if you tilt the gun, and there are alot of pieces.
the guts on my automag only have a few pieces.

definetely go with the automag.

Target Practice
02-22-2005, 11:50 PM
If you ever need help, hit up the AO Chat room either here or on IRC at irc.automags.org.

spasticsquirrel
02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
the automag should be fine if you are just starting.
they can shoot fast, so get at least a revvy.
as your experience gets better, you can upgrade it to keep up with your ability.

and as for tippmanns being easier to understand and use? i think not. my mag comes all the way apart with 2 screws. my brothers tippmann 98 custom comes apart with like 5 screws, then everything can fall out if you tilt the gun, and there are alot of pieces.
the guts on my automag only have a few pieces.

definetely go with the automag.
you should have seen me with my A-5, first time taking apart a paintball gun, no instrustions, no one helping me, it was hell.

i hated my tippy.

okiTony
02-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Welcome, You will find people are great here on AO. Mags are easy to work on and if you run into any problems AO will help. :cheers:

Bolter
02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
The new Wrath is £180 and is an electro gun, with dual break beam eyes. PM me if you are interested or need a hand with anything. Im also English and from Northants.

Welcome to AO :dance:

Fiero
02-23-2005, 01:22 PM
o cool... thanks you lot and i think i will be asking alot more questions when i get it and il ask if its either agaitator type or a standard gravity feed...... :D

tyrion2323
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
For unique classic or custom mags, talk to Tunaman.
For ULE X-Valve customs, talk to Rogue Factor.
For Custom Intimidators, talk to ME!!! :D

Welcome to AO.

Fiero
02-23-2005, 04:25 PM
That certainly sums things up for who to ask :D how do you have a unique mag? and how unique do they looki?

and thanks..

And round about how many brits and americans are there here?

Fiero
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
ITs a rightfeed is that good or bad?

ej_y4
02-23-2005, 06:12 PM
right feed is fine, the idea is that the blow back when fired bounces the ball into the breach.

Their are a few brits and Canadains (a few other countries as well) on AO, but its mostly Americans. Welcome to AO :cool:

Fiero
02-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Any one no what an inferno is like???

Duzzy
02-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Inferno Terminator T3 style? My dad has one and it is awesome for a mech. Very nice trigger pull and very comfortable too.

peewee
02-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Very solid built stack tube blow back. Personally feel that its the best in breed for stacked tube.