PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of bushmasters

hubadlatimmy
11-15-2001, 10:14 PM
Well I know a few people here use bushmasters and I am considering getting one but, where I live everybody is completely biast and are angel/shocker/cocker. So I came here for an honest opinion. I want to know how does it shoot stock I just want all the real gritty details.

hubadlatimmy
11-15-2001, 11:08 PM
anybody

EvilErnie
11-15-2001, 11:42 PM
I would have to agree with your friends. I didnt like my BM2K. I would rather have an Angel or Cocker. Mine was new out of the box and I had to send it back to have the on/off switch fixed. Then had problems with the bolt sticking. Stay away since you are asking for opinions! Thats mine! I am sure other will disagree, but thats what makes America great!:D

Smokee_2_7
11-16-2001, 12:44 AM
I will offer the 'other' opinion. . .lol. First off, I haven't owned one, but many of my friends and several of the other customers at the field where I used to work have owned them. Ive played around w/ several bushy's, and here's my opinion. I know of one person out of the 6 or 7 I know w/ the gun that has had to send it back in for any reason. additionally, he had one of the early models- - -but the main reason is because he completely dissasembled the gun, and basicly couldn't put it back together right.lol. As far as all the others go, ive never heard of any big problems. I personally like the feel of the gun, and i like the trigger, also. (note: its definitly NOT the best trigger out there- - i prefer an Emag, then an angel, but the cost is significantly less.) Additionally, the trigger is very easy to adjust. in just a few minutes, you can have your trigger pull set exactly where you want it, and how light you want it.

The gun feels good overall. Its relativly light, and compact- -- in my opinion, more compact than an angel or an emag. I havent done any extensive accuracy tests, but from what i have shot accuracy seems to be pretty good (assuming you have a good paint/barrel match.)

In conclusion, I would recomend one of the New bushmasters to someone who is looking for a good gun for limited tournament play, and lots of rec play. ROF is definitly acceptable, as well as MY ability to snap shoot w/ the gun, and play nice and tight.

My best advice to you is to see if you can find someone w/ one, and get them to let you play w/ it a little bit.

Hope this helps
Carl

Snappy
11-16-2001, 08:53 AM
From what I've experienced, you can always find someone who has had a bad experience with a gun and someone who loves it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yesterday I talked to a field rep here. I had both my guns, and he really liked my cocker. I told him my favorite gun was my mini, and he kinda went "ehh" at it. He said that he played a couple of weeks with one and had to rebuild the reg several times. I forgot to ask if it was an aftermarket piece of poo or not. Anyway, I said that my mini had never given me trouble and I loved it. He plays with a Bushmaster and really likes it. So play with one, see if it fits you, and then hope you get a good one.

Jeb_Hoge
11-16-2001, 09:18 AM
I picked up a new one a few months ago and sent it to get "Vaporized" before I ever even gassed it up. That work entailed a complete teardown, detailed inspection, polishing and hand-fitting, reassembly, and some other work (new high-flow valve, new trigger setup), and saved me the concern of whether the gun got thrown together in assembly by someone at the end of the day who was a little tired and maybe not as attentive as he should have been. Anyway...

Sweet 'gun. I've only got the stock barrel (with RP Premium Advantage) and it's quick, accurate, efficient, and has a great feel. The ball detent crapped out on me within one case, and since then I read that the ICD stock detent "sucks", but I replaced it with a Cocker detent (it's just barely a different thread so it fits with a little torque to slightly recut the threading). For what I've spent on the gun (got it at roughly wholesale and total expenditure is right around $500), I'd call it a strong buy IF you're sure it's a newer model. It may not be perfect, but it beats an Impulse for quality control and components (just compare the dwell adjustment methods), and I don't consider the Angel to be worth that much more $$$.

PsychoMag
11-16-2001, 11:09 AM
they are a nice marker, but the downfall is that the triggers break. Try an Impulse. Very sweet.

hubadlatimmy
11-16-2001, 11:47 AM
I played a few games with one a while back and I really liked the trigger and the way the gun felt because I like to have a little longer trigger as long as it is light. The only problem was the guy had a 114 nitro tank on it so it felt really big but other than that I feel like I might get one now that I have a few more opinions.

Cliffio
11-16-2001, 12:21 PM
i have one, and its a back up to my angel, but i still like it alot, i mean its super light, and if u have like a carbon fiber 68 on it, its a super light gun, and mine is bare stock right now cause im broke, but it shoots fine, i cant get use to the trigger but that cause ive shot an angel all year, now i gop to a bushy, what do u expect, but like i said i would reccomend it to anyone, i love my angel but since i can shoot it, this is the next best thing for me..
its a very solid gun, i would reccomend getting the vapor mods from goldie

lkater
CLiff

hubadlatimmy
11-16-2001, 05:06 PM
Do you have a link where I can look at it and see how much that costs.

FeelTheRT
11-16-2001, 05:58 PM
i personally do'nt really like them from expirence. I had a 3rd generation Bushmaster 20000 about 4 months ago but broke on me on the first day i used it. It might have been the LPR, but i adjusted it for hours and still nothing. Another thing what i don't like about em is that their trigger feel abit ackward because of the angle it's at and theres slightly abit of slide slack. I also know people who swear by their BM2ks but i will never get one of those again.

MagMan5446
11-16-2001, 10:30 PM
I love bushys. That is the best low cost electro out there. You can get one going 20+bps no chops (with warp feed and an ACE).

They look great, they feel great, they're damn light and they are small so if you have a warp you have basically no profile.

They are easy to clean and they last a long time. The LCD is somewhat useful, but not much. Bushmasters are WELL worth your money. I've messed with dozens and I've never had one not work on me.

Cliffio
11-17-2001, 12:00 AM
IMO, the lcd bushys are prolly the most worthless thing you can buy for the money, i mean they are 100 bucks more for the little lcd screen that really has no features besides MAYBE the game timer

but thats just my opinion, i mean i love mine but i dont need the screen

later
Cliff

hubadlatimmy
11-17-2001, 03:35 PM
You said send it away and have it vaporized and to tell you the truth I have no clue what that means but I did spend about 5 hours on the net getting as much information as I can on them and when I went and told my friends they all just said save and buy and angel or a shocker or a cocker and they make up all this stuff about how they suck and are nothing more than a blowback but I don't think so. So in conclusion I have decided to sell them mag and get one since I read what ravi chopra said about them and what mag man said I think it is the best for me right now since I play front and I want something small light and very manuverable and the adjustability of the trigger is also the other thing I am looking forward to. My ony thing is would it maybe be better to just save some money and put a hyperframe on my powerfeed mag becuase thats what they all said and agreed on (my friends that is)

Slapp
11-17-2001, 04:04 PM
Oh NO Hubba!

Rather than putting a hyperframe on your mag, get a retro valve! You should get a nice feel for your trigger and a faster rate of fire and you will also get far faster recharge rates.

If you really want a cost effective electro, bushies are probably a good choice even if they do use the evil 9V batteries. hehe.

Vapor jobs are done by a guy named Sam "Goldie" Smock and I think he lives in Kansas somewhere. Basically he takes your stock Bushy, replaces several key parts and in general gives the whole marker a good tuning including the trigger for side to side slop which bushy's are kind of known for out of the box. To find out more about vapor mods for bushy's I'd suggest you go to warpig.com, then to the resources area, then to the tech board section under bushmaster. Plenty of posts there that should give you a good feel for bushy's in general and Goldie reads and posts there if you have specific questions on what his Vapor mods do for the marker. You should be able to find links there to his website too which has good information on his work. I think his website is also linked to www.paintballtrader.com. If I remember correctly, the Vapor mods cost around $60 or so plus shipping and it certainly sounds like they are well worth the money.

AGDmagman2001
11-18-2001, 08:19 AM
This is Splat Max posting under my bro's user name:
I've got a bushmaster and it's great, I love it. I've got the Vapor mod, he adds a quick disconnect between the tray and top, polishes all moving parts for better working, effeincy, and consistency. Replaces the led and jewel with an really bright led light, blue or red, and his VAPOR jewel. Does a trigger job, takes slack out, takes side to side wobble out, and adds ajustable trigger tension and a stronger spring. Well worth the money. He also makes a neat highrise, bolt, valve, and trigger. I've got the valve and I'm getting the bolt this week.
The bushmaster is a great gun, just need to add a barrel. And I highly suggest the any of the vapor stuff you can get. Sam Smock is the only guy I know that has customer service close to AGD.

MagMan5446
11-18-2001, 11:17 AM
If you play front, a bushy is about as good as it gets. It weighs just about nothing and with a warp feed theres about nothing that the person shooting at you can hit. I kinda like the side to side trigger because I learned how to shoot with it like that.

Maghappy
11-18-2001, 01:18 PM
Terrible. If anything get a shocker or a impulse for the same price. they are more reliable and nicer. my friends bushy would shooot like 5 balls then bog down and roll a ball out the barrel. it didnt matter who shot it. it had issues and its not a nice set up....

hubadlatimmy
11-18-2001, 08:51 PM
umm.... any more opinions

Cliffio
11-18-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Maghappy
Terrible. If anything get a shocker or a impulse for the same price.

then u have to deal with all the spart parts demons

ive had a shocker and i just hated the thing, its a big shoe box with a trigger on it

but thats my opinion

Cliff

AGDmagman2001
11-19-2001, 05:04 AM
Splat Max agian: As with any gun somebody has had a bad experience with it (even mags) but for the most part I've never had a problem with mine and it's a 1st gen and I bought it used about a year ago. I'd take a bushmaster over a shocker or impulse definatly, but the Vision is an exception. I like that as well and maybe better, in fact that's what I'm planning to get(would go with agd but can't afford e-mag and want an electro) because the ACE for the Bushmaster is over $200, I can sell my setup and add a little more than an ace for the bushmaster would cost and get a vision, at least that's what I'm planning on now. Both are great guns, if you want to run co2 or want a vision go for the impulse but otherwise a regular impulse is an option but I'd kinda go for a bushmaster. my $.02.

cphilip
11-19-2001, 09:26 AM
Decent Markers.

One mean deadly arse Snake though...:cool: