http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/

Aaron

fire1811
02-23-2005, 08:37 AM
looks good
I just hope its WAY battter then Episode I, II

Thordic
02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Looks cool, I stopped looking about halfway down before I ruined the entire plot for myself though.

Just a note for those who aren't total SW nerds: Lucas has said this movie is much darker than any of the other five, and that he doesn't think it will have the mass appeal of the others, but that real star wars fans will love it. I don't have the exact quote, but I thought that was a good sign.

Gambit1106
02-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah had to close it too. I heard the same thing too but not sure where I found it. Looking forward to this one a bit more. Since I thought Lucas should never make a movie again after watching the last one.

rkjunior303
02-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Looks cool, I stopped looking about halfway down before I ruined the entire plot for myself though.

Just a note for those who aren't total SW nerds: Lucas has said this movie is much darker than any of the other five, and that he doesn't think it will have the mass appeal of the others, but that real star wars fans will love it. I don't have the exact quote, but I thought that was a good sign.

i heard that, too. he said its much more morbid, as it covers the times where the republic is in shambles, the death of the jedi, etc.... I'm looking forward to it... Rumor has it, he has already started planning/producing for the TV Series..

teufelhunden
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
So, are the plans for Ep.7-9 gone?

BigEvil
02-23-2005, 10:47 AM
So, are the plans for Ep.7-9 gone?

I think Lucas doesnt want the hassle of 3 more movies. I read that he was handing the reigns over to someone else for a tv series.

fire1811
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
I think Lucas doesnt want the hassle of 3 more movies. I read that he was handing the reigns over to someone else for a tv series.

good since he hasnt done the last 2 movies any justice.

thecavemankevin
02-23-2005, 12:15 PM
good since he hasnt done the last 2 movies any justice.

haha
:D

exactly

rkjunior303
02-23-2005, 12:43 PM
there were never plans to do movies past Return of the Jedi.

Thordic
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
there were never plans to do movies past Return of the Jedi.

Not since the late 70s, anyway.

He had the concepts for 9 movies in his head, but after he got done with the first trilogy and started doing Indiana Jones, he put the last three out of his mind, and after all the novels started to show up after RotJ, he gave up on the idea entirely.

SCpoloRicker
02-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Not since the late 70s, anyway.

He had the concepts for 9 movies in his head, but after he got done with the first trilogy and started doing Indiana Jones, he put the last three out of his mind, and after all the novels started to show up after RotJ, he gave up on the idea entirely.

/hopeful interwebs nerd

Spielberg directing 7-9 with Lucas' scripts after group re-writing sessions with his USC buddies. (Coppola, Spiely, Redford, etc.)

/end hopeful interwebs nerd

bam wannabe
02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
may 19th ppl!

but for those who actually want to know about the movie and dont mind hearing spoilers just go www.theforce.net and go to their forums

and im not totally sure but i think this movie is def. gettin the pg-13 rating as opposed to the other pg ones. i would say some events that do make it pg-13... but i doubt ppl would appreciate me spoling it.

fire1811
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
i wish they would make it a R rating that way maybe I could watch it with a few less kids screaming in the theatre

lopxtc
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Like that would honestly help any ... they wont do it just because they want to maximize the sales in both movie tickets and mechandise. Aside from a few R movies lately, the trend in money making movies has been the PG-13 rating.

Aaron

i wish they would make it a R rating that way maybe I could watch it with a few less kids screaming in the theatre

fire1811
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Like that would honestly help any ... they wont do it just because they want to maximize the sales in both movie tickets and mechandise. Aside from a few R movies lately, the trend in money making movies has been the PG-13 rating.

Aaron

I understand that.
but it doesnt hurt to hope :p

gimp
02-23-2005, 03:15 PM
aah, weak. They took the site down. I looked through real quick this morning before I went to class but I didn't get a good look at em. Anyone have them saved?

SCpoloRicker
02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
MirrorDot?

Thats where I got it. Or did the host get shut down by LucasArts?

lopxtc
02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Got another mirror link up there now.

Aaron

aah, weak. They took the site down. I looked through real quick this morning before I went to class but I didn't get a good look at em. Anyone have them saved?

gimp
02-23-2005, 07:40 PM
The mirrordot one got shut down my lucasarts when I checked. That second one works though.

Looks like Dooku's got his hands cut off and he's gonna get scissor-necked. Sweet.

BigEvil
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I know that E I and II arent as good as the original trilogy, but I think they do the story justice. I think however, much of the acting and directing totally killed lot of the movies. That little kid they got for Anakin in the first movie was a travesty. Hayden in E2 wasnt much better. They made him WAY TOO whiney. I hope in E3 he is better.

I like the refernced from SIdious about "Cheating death" If there are any other hardcore SW fans out here, you'll know he repears about 10 years after ROTJ as a clone in "Dark Empire"

Jeffy-CanCon
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Cool pics! Thanks, lopxtc!

I'm really looking forward to this, though I probably won't get to see it on opening weekend. Yes, the last two movies were a bit disappointing in their tone, but the whole series is aimed at 12-15yr olds! We are all a bit older now than when we saw the original trilogy (a lot older, for some of us!), and nothing will capture that same magic.

...and Luke was a whiny snot in ANH & TESB, too. :rolleyes: Maybe it runs in the Skywalker family.

Re: 7,8,9
I've heard a rumour that they are considering a TV series, to be directed by Kevin Smith.

Fred
02-23-2005, 10:51 PM
7,8,9 almost can't happen, unless lucas wants to COMPLETELY alienate the fan base that he has already pushed away...

the novels are at a point where they fill in almost everything between 4,5, and 6, and almost everything after 6, starting within a week in the star wars timeline...

oh crap, my SW dorkiness is on the rise again...

:tard:

cool spoilers, it does give away most of the storyline...

SCpoloRicker
02-24-2005, 12:53 AM
re:Hayden suckzorz

"They put a lot of blame on Hayden... The issue is, they hate the character... Hayden has pulled it off just like I wanted"

--paraphrased George Lucas

Vex
02-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Re: 7,8,9
I've heard a rumour that they are considering a TV series, to be directed by Kevin Smith.
Refer to my previous posting:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167526
The TV series is rumored to center around Luke's teaching of new Jedi. Yes, Mark "Luke" Hamill is in talks to portray Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. We all know that Luke was a bit of a whiner for a while, however, he does turn out to be quite a powerful mofo. For the real SW geeks to think about: Luke was actually the one prophesized to bring balance to the Force.

Edit: I just couldn't resist temptation, and I peeked :eek:
This link is still active as of 0130 CST Thursday, 24 Feb 05: http://www.mirrordot.org/stories/8a...1d77/index.html
Awesome photos!! It will seriously give away EVERY major part of the movie, though. You were warned!

Steelrat
02-24-2005, 02:14 AM
re:Hayden suckzorz

"They put a lot of blame on Hayden... The issue is, they hate the character... Hayden has pulled it off just like I wanted"

--paraphrased George Lucas

Says the modern day Howard Hughes.

Let me guess, Jar Jar was just like he wanted him too.

SCpoloRicker
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Says the modern day Howard Hughes.

Let me guess, Jar Jar was just like he wanted him too.

http://www.ipmenu.com/archive/images/band_aid.jpg

Ouchie!

You know you'll be in line ;)

bam wannabe
02-24-2005, 02:30 PM
this will spoil some of the film so dont read this remark i am about to say if u dont want to.....

i cant wait to see Vader fight the younglings... thats gonna be so bad@$$ :D

lopxtc
02-24-2005, 02:42 PM
From what I understand he isnt Vader yet at this point in the film, he is still Anakin. My understanding is that he leads a group of Clone troopers to the temple and lets them in, something about Anakin being the key into the temple. The speculation at this point is that he basically goes after the Jedi's and leaves the Clones to take care of the rest. Honestly given the way the MPAA is I tend to believe this, since harm to a child in any form typically jacks up the rating right away.

Aaron

i cant wait to see Vader fight the younglings... thats gonna be so bad@$$ :D

Vex
02-25-2005, 01:58 AM
If anyone didn't get to see the link that was posted, PM me and I'll email you some pics. I saved them ALL! I'm a SW geek and I know it... :rolleyes:

I also know quite a bit about the movie is "supposed" unfold, so if you want to know that also...

SCpoloRicker
02-25-2005, 12:32 PM
From what I understand he isnt Vader yet at this point in the film, he is still Anakin. My understanding is that he leads a group of Clone troopers to the temple and lets them in, something about Anakin being the key into the temple. The speculation at this point is that he basically goes after the Jedi's and leaves the Clones to take care of the rest. Honestly given the way the MPAA is I tend to believe this, since harm to a child in any form typically jacks up the rating right away.

Aaron

Also speculated that its implied he kills them off-camera. Or, Yoda and Mace/ob1 watch a hologram that "shows" the slaughter. Either way, Ani slicing and dicing young'uns ain't gonna happen. Think sand-people slaughter (after mom's death).

MrWallen
02-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Also speculated that its implied he kills them off-camera. Or, Yoda and Mace/ob1 watch a hologram that "shows" the slaughter. Either way, Ani slicing and dicing young'uns ain't gonna happen. Think sand-people slaughter (after mom's death).

But they did show charred skeleton's in ANH...so I wouldn't totally discount showing some violence.

Eatem Alive
02-25-2005, 06:45 PM
DAMN, I LOVE STAR WARS!! i so freakin' stoked for this.

i'm ok now.

SCpoloRicker
02-27-2005, 02:21 PM
i'm ok now.

phew :p

re: violence. Lucas has been consistently bringing up how dark this film is. He has mentioned that he would accept a PG-13 before cutting some sequences. All other films have been PG. He's also said to re-consider bringing your kids if their little.

On a really cool note, I read somewhere (Enterntainment mag, IIRC) that there is a strong suggestion that ob1 and Ani are fighting *in hell*! In the interview, he was saying stuff like; it's not limited to one religion, but it does have spiritual overtones. Anikan is a man who made a deal for eternal life, and of course, these deals tend to go badly... Stuff like that.

/1stdayagainYaY!

bam wannabe
02-27-2005, 02:58 PM
phew :p

re: violence. Lucas has been consistently bringing up how dark this film is. He has mentioned that he would accept a PG-13 before cutting some sequences. All other films have been PG. He's also said to re-consider bringing your kids if their little.

On a really cool note, I read somewhere (Enterntainment mag, IIRC) that there is a strong suggestion that ob1 and Ani are fighting *in hell*! In the interview, he was saying stuff like; it's not limited to one religion, but it does have spiritual overtones. Anikan is a man who made a deal for eternal life, and of course, these deals tend to go badly... Stuff like that.

/1stdayagainYaY!

its not so much the fact that they are fighting in hell, its more or less a planet like hell (i cant think of the name) but it has lava and volcanoes and junk like that all around them. and when u think about it, ep. 3 does have alot of connections that make it seem like it pertains to religion, ie; light side/dark side, which are 2 different views. sidious turning anakin over to the dark side saying things like "eternal life" or however he puts it... its sumtin like that.

anywho, ppl might not agree with me, but who cares... may 19th!!! 12:01 a.m.!!!

lopxtc
02-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Added another link to the pics that is still up ... for now anyway.

Aaron

Steelrat
02-28-2005, 09:53 AM
http://www.ipmenu.com/archive/images/band_aid.jpg

Ouchie!

You know you'll be in line ;)

Yeah, I'll definately go see it, but I will not get my hopes up. I and II were enjoyable movies, but when I think about what they should/could have been, it makes me want to cry. George has completely lost it. I've been told by people that work at the Sykwalker ranch that people are told not to touch Lucas or address him unless talked to first. A can of Lysol and a medical mask can't be far off.

My biggest gripes (that I can remember)

-The Force turns out to be an infection
-Darth Vader made C3P0? Uhhh....
-Was George picking actors to play Anakin based on how tight their buns were? Because he sure wasn't choosing them based on acting skill
-Jar Jar
-Jar Jar actually coming back a second time
-Alien short-order cook with plumber's butt that is some sort of weapons expert
-The list goes on and on

MrWallen
02-28-2005, 01:21 PM
-Was George picking actors to play Anakin based on how tight their buns were? Because he sure wasn't choosing them based on acting skill

He picked Hayden cause Hayden looks a LOT like Mark Hammel, or at least he will in Ep 3. I went back the other day, after first seeing these pics, and re-watched the originals, they definately look like they could be related.

Thordic
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Hayden does look a LOT like Luke in the third movie, from the pics.

And also, as someone quoted I believe, a lot of people think Hayden played a terrible Anakin, but Lucas has said whoever thinks that just doesn't like the character, because in his mind Hayden played the character he imagined perfectly.

bam wannabe
02-28-2005, 02:46 PM
to me its not the fact that Hayden played a terrible Anakin, its juts that Lucas had him whine WAY to much! maybe if he wouldnt have whined all the time it would be easier to believe that he eventually turns into Vader. i just cant see a little whiny person become someone who eventually blows up planets and uses force grip.

fire1811
02-28-2005, 02:49 PM
to me its not the fact that Hayden played a terrible Anakin, its juts that Lucas had him whine WAY to much! maybe if he wouldnt have whined all the time it would be easier to believe that he eventually turns into Vader. i just cant see a little whiny person become someone who eventually blows up planets and uses force grip.

yes and no. I think he was trying get the the whining effect across, since most of the time he was whining about being held back(power wise). so he gets frustrated............maybe
bah I dont know :p

Thordic
02-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Exactly, it was part of his character. He was weak (mentally) and frustrated at being held back. He didn't have any self-discipline. This combination led him to the dark side.

Luke was whiny himself, and also frustrated while learning the Force. But he managed to overcome it and avoid the Dark Side. You'll notice ones Luke gains his self-control and begins to embrace the Light Side totally, he's not the same whiny ***** he used to be.

There are a lot of similarities between Anakin and Luke, I think they did a good job.

Lohman446
02-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Exactly... I just don't see this whiney :cuss: punk kid becoming the killing machine that is Vader we see in the beginnng of Episode 4.

SlartyBartFast
02-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Exactly... I just don't see this whiney :cuss: punk kid becoming the killing machine that is Vader we see in the beginnng of Episode 4.

But, the whiney kid DOESN'T become a killing machine. It's the Dark side that takes over once let in....

Lohman446
02-28-2005, 03:30 PM
In Episode 4 / 5 / 6 we see Luke throw fits and temper tantrums, but his overall being is not whiney... it gives the idea of possibly succumbing to the dark side

With 1 / 2/ 3 with Aniken its not instances of throwing fits.. instead its a pervasive whineyness and brat attitude that are the entire movie. I think it ruins the character. Rather than showing a balance in him that falls to the dark side Aniken's entire attitude through both movies make it clear he's going to... no question. Its annoying.

SCpoloRicker
02-28-2005, 04:24 PM

All of the complaints about Ani and "THIS is what Vader began as!?!" are forgetting an important part of the canon.

Palpy originally wanted Ani to be his #1 apprentice... But after his defeat at the hands of ob1, he no longer feels Ani/Vader is powerful enough to fill the role. Hence, he will plan on using Vader to get to Ani and Padme's offspring i.e. Luke & later, Leia.

Once he goes in the suit, Palpy no longer plans on him being numero uno. He's just another henchman.

Luke is the chosen one, not Anikan. Luke, if he had fallen, would have become #1 guy to Palpy. Not Vader.

Steelrat
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Hayden does look a LOT like Luke in the third movie, from the pics.

And also, as someone quoted I believe, a lot of people think Hayden played a terrible Anakin, but Lucas has said whoever thinks that just doesn't like the character, because in his mind Hayden played the character he imagined perfectly.

Yeah, but Lucas is certifiably nuts now. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Ed Wood was happy with all the acting in his movies too. I'm not upset with how whiney Anakin is, it fits with the character. I'm talking about a complete lack of acting talent. We're talking Stallone in "Cobra" here. Hayden made Keanu Reeves look like Sir Richard Burton by comparison.

And yes, George will continue to get my money. Love him or hate him, few movies play as well on a 70" TV and a kick'n sound system like one of his movies.

Eatem Alive
02-28-2005, 04:45 PM
few movies play as well on a 70" TV and a kick'n sound system like one of his movies.
freakin' show off

Steelrat
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
freakin' show off

No, Im talking about when I go to Magnolia Hi-Fi and see it playing there.

Though I have some serious plans for the new house, MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Eatem Alive
02-28-2005, 06:04 PM
i'll make sure to drop by when i visit my dad in jersey.

danheneise
02-28-2005, 08:26 PM
NNNOOOOOO!!!!

now i know the ending of a movie of a story that we've already heard the ending too before.

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!

I dunno, i like star wars and all, but i think it's just been a little over done, with like a million different games where all they change is the location and the charactors. 1000 bazillion collectables for the comic book store guys to drool over, and now a 6th movie to finally complete the story which we already knew the plot of 10+ years ago.

gimp
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Lots of spoilers here:

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode3/revenge_of_the_sith/plot_script.html

That site, supershadow.com has all sorts of info on the ROTS. It has a ton of questions answered by lucas. One of the questions he answered he mentioned a tv series. He was talking about episodes 10-12. I didn't even know he was thinking of them. It's also got some rough stories of what episodes 7-9 might be. He says 10-12 take place 10000 years in the future, and it's all new characters.

Vex
03-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Palpy originally wanted Ani to be his #1 apprentice... But after his defeat at the hands of ob1, he no longer feels Ani/Vader is powerful enough to fill the role. Hence, he will plan on using Vader to get to Ani and Padme's offspring i.e. Luke & later, Leia.

Once he goes in the suit, Palpy no longer plans on him being numero uno. He's just another henchman.

Luke is the chosen one, not Anikan. Luke, if he had fallen, would have become #1 guy to Palpy. Not Vader.

You're correct, to an extent. Palpatine sees Vader's "weakness" in succumbing to Obi-Wan, but he is unaware of Anakin's children until ESB, when he starts planning for Luke to replace Vader. Palpatine knows that Vader is powerful and that's why he turns him and has him eventually wipe out the Jedi. We won't see all of the Jedi die in Ep. 3--this is a process that spans 20+ years.
Contrary to many opinions, Luke is actually the "chosen one" from the Jedi prophecy of old. He is the one who ultimately brings balance to the Force and restores the Jedi Order.

fire1811
03-01-2005, 08:11 AM
were do you guys get all this stuff? :tard:

SCpoloRicker
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
were do you guys get all this stuff? :tard:

teh interwebs, silly. :p

/thanks again, Mr. Gore!

MrWallen
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
You're correct, to an extent. Palpatine sees Vader's "weakness" in succumbing to Obi-Wan, but he is unaware of Anakin's children until ESB, when he starts planning for Luke to replace Vader. Palpatine knows that Vader is powerful and that's why he turns him and has him eventually wipe out the Jedi. We won't see all of the Jedi die in Ep. 3--this is a process that spans 20+ years.
Contrary to many opinions, Luke is actually the "chosen one" from the Jedi prophecy of old. He is the one who ultimately brings balance to the Force and restores the Jedi Order.

I still disagree with this. The way I see it, Vader is the one who "balances" the force. Until him there were an overwhelming number of Light Jedi, and few Dark Jedi. After he slaughters most of the Jedi, very few are left, in fact, we are only really shown 2 in the movies (Obi-Wan and Yoda), which is perfectly balanced with the 2 Dark Side masters (Vader and Palpatine).

So, IMO, Vader is the one who brought balance to the Force, and Luke is just upsetting that balance, albeit back towards the Light Side.

SlartyBartFast
03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I still disagree with this. The way I see it, Vader is the one who "balances" the force. Until him there were an overwhelming number of Light Jedi, and few Dark Jedi. After he slaughters most of the Jedi, very few are left, in fact, we are only really shown 2 in the movies (Obi-Wan and Yoda), which is perfectly balanced with the 2 Dark Side masters (Vader and Palpatine).

So, IMO, Vader is the one who brought balance to the Force, and Luke is just upsetting that balance, albeit back towards the Light Side.

But, that isn't balanced. The dark side is far more powerful. Otherwise, how does Anakin manage to slaughter all those Jedi?

It's actually all pretty basic mythology/theology and used in many Sci-Fi scenarios. The basic idea that good and evil are always battling, but evil really has the advantage and good has to be ever vigilent.

The only difference is the Sith/Jedi take a far more "hands-on" approach compared to most mythological or theological characters.

Lohman446
03-01-2005, 02:27 PM
But, that isn't balanced. The dark side is far more powerful. Otherwise, how does Anakin manage to slaughter all those Jedi?.

Perhaps... but than how does Luke manage to compete with a presumedly more experienced Vader later.

bam wannabe
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Perhaps... but than how does Luke manage to compete with a presumedly more experienced Vader later.

cause vader is a crusty old dude in ROTJ :p

but i still think vader is like 99.9% responsible for bringing balance to the force, and him turning to the dark side caused it. for example, if he had fully followed the jedi ways then he wouldnt have married padme and had kids, so by him disobeying the jedi order, he brought about luke and leia...

and luke didnt exactly defeat vader, he merely held his own for alittle bit until sidious came in and used the lightning on him and blah blah blah, vader threw sidious blah blah blah... so vader was more or less screwed over from sidious when he threw him (lightning going through him and all)... he only had his mechanical hand lopped off by luke. (then again he was more machine than anything, so whatever)

also u have to admit luke used a tiny little fraction of the dark side to help him win, cause he used his anger to lash out at vader and crap... now im just rambling on and on so i'll shut up

Glickman
03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
i saved the pictures on another spoiler site, i guess it was taken down, but honestly, im kicking myself now. i just killed the fun of waiting months to see possibly the most anticipated movie in decades...

doesnt waiting suck :p

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/5613/dookuduelanim7ry.gif

we plan on wait on line with lightsabers, and hopfully cut off some hands even before the show :clap:

SCpoloRicker
03-01-2005, 03:38 PM

I originally thought Vader was the chosen one as well. Then I read Lucas' plot treatment, and some of his comments relating prequels to OT, and now I understand how Luke is the chosen one.

Lucas has stated multiple times that OT Vader is not as powerful as a Jedi Knight of the Republic would have been...

Glickman
03-01-2005, 03:41 PM
one thing i wouldve liked to have seen in this last one was the super battle driods be much harder to take out. i liked how they really kicked *** in galaxies, wouldve been nice if they gave the jedi a run for their money, but of course not :nono:

rkjunior303
03-01-2005, 03:55 PM
I originally thought Vader was the chosen one as well. Then I read Lucas' plot treatment, and some of his comments relating prequels to OT, and now I understand how Luke is the chosen one.

Lucas has stated multiple times that OT Vader is not as powerful as a Jedi Knight of the Republic would have been...

this would go back to episode IV where Vader and Obi-Wan are dueling.... Vader doesn't flat out defeat Obi-Wan,he lets him win..

Lohman446
03-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Hmm... I cant beleive Im discussing this..

Maybe the force naturally balances...

So with OB1 alive Luke could go either way, as its pretty balanced Yoda/Palapatine OB1/Vader

But when OB1 sacrifices himself the force must rebalance itself, so Luke tends towards the light side even in his trials? I mean, after all why would OB1 let Vader kill him otherwise?

Vex
03-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Hmm... I cant beleive Im discussing this..

Maybe the force naturally balances...

So with OB1 alive Luke could go either way, as its pretty balanced Yoda/Palapatine OB1/Vader

But when OB1 sacrifices himself the force must rebalance itself, so Luke tends towards the light side even in his trials? I mean, after all why would OB1 let Vader kill him otherwise?
It's not even that, because if you use that rationale, then you also have Leia as another Force-sensitive, therefore, the Dark to Light ratio is still off-balance. Obi-Wan sacrificed himself for Luke. He knew that he could guide him better if he were one with the Force, and in order for that to happen, he had to give himself to the Force. Luke is the chosen one, because he does bring balance--not the balance of equal light side to dark side; but balance because the Force is not being ripped in two different directions anymore. You don't have any more constant battles of Light vs. Dark. There is calm and serenity; therefore, balance. ;)

fire1811
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
It's not even that, because if you use that rationale, then you also have Leia as another Force-sensitive, therefore, the Dark to Light ratio is still off-balance. Obi-Wan sacrificed himself for Luke. He knew that he could guide him better if he were one with the Force, and in order for that to happen, he had to give himself to the Force. Luke is the chosen one, because he does bring balance--not the balance of equal light side to dark side; but balance because the Force is not being ripped in two different directions anymore. You don't have any more constant battles of Light vs. Dark. There is calm and serenity; therefore, balance. ;)

I dont know I think vader got stronger after taking OB1's quickening. :p

Vex
03-04-2005, 01:24 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good one fire!!!

"I'll take your quickening, and your lightsaber, beeyatch!"

adam_61550
03-06-2005, 05:21 AM
I always thought Vader was the chosen one for killing the Emperor and sacrificing himself. In that way he brought balance to the force and gave Luke the chance to rebuild the Jedi Order.

xXHavokXx
03-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Depends on the midichlorian counts...x number of good ones and y number of bad ones or something.

Watch in the special editions hes going to edit that **** out.

Vex
03-08-2005, 03:15 AM
Depends on the midichlorian counts...x number of good ones and y number of bad ones or something.

HUH?!
There aren't "good/bad" midichlorians--unless that's something that Dark Horse made up to go along with their "Sith Magic"...
I HATE DARK HORSE!!

Vex
03-08-2005, 03:19 AM
I always thought Vader was the chosen one for killing the Emperor and sacrificing himself. In that way he brought balance to the force and gave Luke the chance to rebuild the Jedi Order.
Nah, the chosen one is Luke, because he helped his father to return to the Light side. Had it not been for Luke, Vader would've continued Force-choking fools for many, many more years!
Luke goes on to become the most powerful Jedi ever.

Steelrat
03-08-2005, 09:41 AM

Geez, that would be nice. It sucked finding out that the all-powerful force was nothing more than an infection.

adam_61550
03-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Anybody see the new trailer tonight?

http://www.movie-list.net/exclusive/star-wars-ep3-trailer-640x360.mov

(right click, save target as)

(also, not sure if I can get in trouble for posting that link as it's not officially out for anyone but aol and hyperspace users, mods let me know and I'll remove it)

Vex
03-11-2005, 03:34 AM
Recorded it off of the telly--very exciting trailer!! :D

I'm stoked--that's all I have to say!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

BigEvil
03-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Anybody see the new trailer tonight?

http://www.movie-list.net/exclusive/star-wars-ep3-trailer-640x360.mov

(right click, save target as)

(also, not sure if I can get in trouble for posting that link as it's not officially out for anyone but aol and hyperspace users, mods let me know and I'll remove it)

WOW the link is gone already!

Yes, the new trailer was hot. Lots of stuff that I hadnt seen or heard of before. The part with the Jedi Council letting Anikin become a member, but not giving him the title of "Master" was interesting.

Here is a new link to the old trailer.

LINKAGE (http://www.aol.com/starwars/trailer/index.adp?type=lrg)

wyn1370
03-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Yes, the new trailer was hot. Lots of stuff that I hadnt seen or heard of before. The part with the Jedi Council letting Anikin become a member, but not giving him the title of "Master" was interesting.LINKAGE (http://www.aol.com/starwars/trailer/index.adp?type=lrg)
not all that interesting, the coucil had members that where not masters before this. If I remember correctly Kidi Adi Mundi (sp) was only a jedi knight in episode I.

WingMan13
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Nah, the chosen one is Luke, because he helped his father to return to the Light side. Had it not been for Luke, Vader would've continued Force-choking fools for many, many more years!
Luke goes on to become the most powerful Jedi ever.

Ummm..I hate to get geeky but, Anakin is the Chosen one. He was created by the force in order to bring balance to it (he was born to a Virgin mother, like say Jesus). He went to the dark side and destroyed it from within and redeemed himself at the end, (which is why the last episode is called Return Of The Jedi). Yes Luke did help his pops out, so he gets some major props, but he is not the Chosen one spoken in the Jedi prophecy.

fire1811
03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
ok here is a link to the trailer. its a long one too.
I can officially say I am really excited now.

oh and Anakin IS the chosen one. if you dont believe me watch the trailer OB1 says it in it.

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0A91SIZIXHFOR0NK3VFN4NDMT7

WingMan13
03-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Man, do they knock these links out quick! If anyone has it saved and doesnt mind sending it, LMK.

fire1811
03-11-2005, 01:11 PM
well i have it but its a 31mb trailer

fire1811
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05OTI0YVECA3918IFY8KW41H4M

another link of it. get it while its up

I will keep getting you guys links when they knock this one out.

Eatem Alive
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
wood!!!

fire1811
03-11-2005, 03:39 PM
well atleast the trailer ended the chosen one argument.

so WingMan13 you are a true geek :p

SlartyBartFast
03-11-2005, 03:48 PM
he was born to a Virgin mother

:confused:

When do they reveal that?

Sure she was a single mother and a slave, but I can't remember anything describing a virgin birth.

fire1811
03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
you probably have to be a true SW geek to know such a thing.

Eatem Alive
03-11-2005, 03:51 PM
:confused:

When do they reveal that?

Sure she was a single mother and a slave, but I can't remember anything describing a virgin birth.
anakin's mother said it in episode one when qui gon aksed who the father was. she said there was no father, he just was.

fire1811
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WIN7DP7I3QZD3JSK60B74H0TX

new link for trailer

WingMan13
03-11-2005, 08:39 PM
well atleast the trailer ended the chosen one argument.

so WingMan13 you are a true geek :p

LMAO, Thanks....I guess :D
And thanks for that last link, I got it this time. Now I cant wait!! :bounce:

Eatem Alive
03-13-2005, 06:46 PM
watching the trailer on my pc was cool, but today, i saw it on the big screen during the previews before robots. it was 100 times better! episode 3 is going to rock.

Acer12
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
yep same here saw the preview when i saw robots. it looks freakin awesome. well i got my neriness out of me for the day.

kosmo
03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Damn, I missed the preview cuz I was getting popcorn. And robots was absolutely terrible. Never let the woman choose the date movie, unless you have confirmed nude scenes.

Vex
03-14-2005, 01:44 AM
oh and Anakin IS the chosen one. if you dont believe me watch the trailer OB1 says it in it.
Just because everyone THINKS that Anakin is the Chosen One, does not mean that he is. Anakin doesn't bring balance to the Force--he totally upsets it. He ultimately brings about the supremecy of the Dark Side. If he had never broken the Jedi Code and married Padme, then Luke and Leia would never have been born, therefore, Vader would have continued wreaking havoc upon the galaxy. Do you think that Vader would have betrayed the Emperor had it not been for his son believing in him? Do you think that Vader would have ever let his defenses down for anyone other than his own offspring? And even at that, Vader tried to kill Luke--but Luke ultimately toppled the most powerful Jedi ever, bringing about the downfall of the Sith, and restoring balance to the Force. Once again, not balance as in equal sides of Light vs. Dark side, but equal in that the Force is not ripping itself apart in two directions.

There is no passion, only serenity...

MaChu
03-14-2005, 02:00 AM
I feel like such a geek,

Here is why Anakin is the chosen one. The prophecy said one will come to bring balance to the force. The jedi thought that meant totally eliminating the dark aspect, but what they failed to realize is that he was born to eliminate nearly all the jedi's except a few. The force was almost all light with only a few sith lords and apprentices compared to the huge amounts of jedis. He balanced them out by killing nearly all of them making the sith and jedis back to a small amount, equaling out the force. Which will probably bring the plot lines of 7, 8 and 9 if they choose so, the reappearance of more sith.

Vex
03-14-2005, 02:22 AM
I feel like such a geek,

Here is why Anakin is the chosen one. The prophecy said one will come to bring balance to the force. The jedi thought that meant totally eliminating the dark aspect, but what they failed to realize is that he was born to eliminate nearly all the jedi's except a few. The force was almost all light with only a few sith lords and apprentices compared to the huge amounts of jedis.
Don't forget, there can ONLY be two Sith at any one time: Master and Apprentice. So with that logic, then there are still more Jedi than Sith. It has been stated that Vader doesn't kill all of the Jedi. So the Force would still be out of balance...

He balanced them out by killing nearly all of them making the sith and jedis back to a small amount, equaling out the force. Which will probably bring the plot lines of 7, 8 and 9 if they choose so, the reappearance of more sith.
Sorry, but that's not it. The Force is still tugging itself in two directions (more towards the Dark side), being out of balance. Even though there are an equal amount of Jedi (because we only ever see Obi-Wan and Yoda) and Sith, it doesn't mean the Force is in balance.

adam_61550
03-14-2005, 06:41 AM
I've never actually heard or read the definition of "balance of the force" and I don't think too many people have. Theres a lot of theories out there on what the "balance of the force" actually is, the most popular being that both sides of the Force have to have an equal amount of Jedi. I don't think that's it. The dark side is much more powerful with 2 Sith than the light is with countless Jedi. My take on it is to acheive a balance in the Force, there must not be 2 sides clashing. Hence when Vader and the Emperor are killed a balance in the Force comes about. Of course with that reasoning, if the Sith destroyed every last light side Jedi, then that would be a balance in the Force as well. And that doesnt sound right...somebody slap me.

WingMan13
03-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Gah! I can't let this one go.... :D

He ultimately brings about the supremecy of the Dark Side.
Yes, and then he ultimatley destroys it and goes back to the light side before he dies, fulfilling what the chosen one was born to do, bringing balance.

If he had never broken the Jedi Code and married Padme, then Luke and Leia would never have been born, therefore, Vader would have continued wreaking havoc upon the galaxy.
It was all a part of his destiny. The force created him to bring balance. The force needed someone who would break all the norms. Having Luke and Leia broke the Jedi code but also placed a seed that would help him redeem himself at the end.

Do you think that Vader would have betrayed the Emperor had it not been for his son believing in him?
Yes, it is the Sith way of thinking to achieve the highest amount of power. They are always trying to topple each other which is why the rule was made that there can only be 2 at a time.

Do you think that Vader would have ever let his defenses down for anyone other than his own offspring?.
Probably not, but again it was a part of his destiny. His compasion for his son is what brought him back to the light side.

Luke ultimately toppled the most powerful Jedi ever, bringing about the downfall of the Sith, and restoring balance to the Force.
Yes, Luke defeated Vader but he did not kill him. Lets not forget, it was Vader that destroyed the Emperor, not Luke. Luke was helpless against the force lightning and would have died and achieved nothing if it wasnt for Vader turning back to the light side.

I love the fact that these movies have so much that we can go back and forth on. I'm trying to find interviews with Lucas to see if he states clearly wether Anakin is the chosen one. If he hasnt then there may be something up his sleeve ALA Empire Strikes Back: NO, I am your father! I hope theres a similar jaw dropper in the next episode. Theres even a theory that the Emporer is Anakins father :spit_take sounds too far fetched for me though :D

SlartyBartFast
03-14-2005, 11:43 AM
How about this definition of "balance":

>> Neither side is in control.

If you look at the Jedi's control over the republic, they are pretty "evil". I mean they're totalitarian, undemocratic, and are prepared to put down (an initially peaceful) separation from with brute force.

Anyone else notice the parallels between Jedi doctrine and religious fundamentalism? Doesn't matter what the senate/populace wants, we'll set things "right" in the background.

(Interestingly the Jedi temple looks like a Muslim temple with it four outer towers and inner temple building).

The balance is probably brought about by Luke as the various civilisations can develop free of the influence of either the light or dark side (until the new jeds in their fervour reimpose their will on the galaxy).

The balace between opposing forces was also similar in B5.

SCpoloRicker
03-14-2005, 11:45 AM
NNNNNNEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSS

/obligatory
//man, I just finally got around to watching the preview. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

WingMan13
03-14-2005, 12:31 PM

If you look at the Jedi's control over the republic, they are pretty "evil". I mean they're totalitarian, undemocratic, and are prepared to put down (an initially peaceful) separation from with brute force.

Anyone else notice the parallels between Jedi doctrine and religious fundamentalism? Doesn't matter what the senate/populace wants, we'll set things "right" in the background.

(Interestingly the Jedi temple looks like a Muslim temple with it four outer towers and inner temple building).

The balance is probably brought about by Luke as the various civilisations can develop free of the influence of either the light or dark side (until the new jeds in their fervour reimpose their will on the galaxy).

Thats a very Sith way of thinking :rofl:

SlartyBartFast
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Thats a very Sith way of thinking :rofl:

Well, the B5 conclusion was that NEITHER side was "good". Each was meddlesome and bad for the civilisations they were playing with. While the shadows represented 'chaos' and the Vorlons represent 'order', neither represented the best interest of the those whose lives they were destroying and attempting to control.

The parallels with StarWars are pretty strong, the mesage just isn't as clear.

Guess I've been outed as a philisophical SF geek. :D

SCpoloRicker
03-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Guess I've been outed as a philisophical SF geek. :D

*raises hand*

Vex
03-15-2005, 06:06 AM
You bring up some very good points--you are a worthy adversary! :D

It was all a part of his destiny. The force created him to bring balance. The force needed someone who would break all the norms. Having Luke and Leia broke the Jedi code but also placed a seed that would help him redeem himself at the end.
You point is well taken.

Yes, it is the Sith way of thinking to achieve the highest amount of power. They are always trying to topple each other which is why the rule was made that there can only be 2 at a time.
Correct. However, Vader would not have overthrown the Emperor--for he was the most loyal of servants. The thought of succession occured to him only after he realized how much potential his son held and that the Emperor had a vision of being destroyed by Luke. If Vader had planned on overthrowing the Emperor, well he had 20+ years to do it. Surely, he would have done it by the time of ANH, if he was going to at all.

Probably not, but again it was a part of his destiny. His compasion for his son is what brought him back to the light side.
And had it not been for his son's very strong belief that there was still good in him, then Vader would not have gone back to the light. Vader did not believe that there was any good left in him. He even says so in ROTJ.

Yes, Luke defeated Vader but he did not kill him. Lets not forget, it was Vader that destroyed the Emperor, not Luke. Luke was helpless against the force lightning and would have died and achieved nothing if it wasnt for Vader turning back to the light side.
You are correct, but don't forget that the Emperor foresaw Luke destroying him, not Vader. Vader tried to convince Luke to help him overthrow the Emperor and rule with him as father and son. Luke couldn't defeat the Emperor without Vader's help and he knew it. Luke needed to convince his father that Anakin Skywalker still existed. When Vader destroyed Palpatine, both prophecies came true: the Emperor's self-fulfilling prophecy that Luke would destroy him; and the Jedi prophecy. Again, had Luke not pulled the "love thy father" card, Vader would NEVER have betrayed the Emperor--unless his own offspring was willing to become his apprentice--which he wasn't. Luke was ready to die before he succumbed to the Dark Side (as seen in ESB.)
It is Luke who turns Vader back to the Light Side, therefore fulfilling the Jedi prophecy, thereby becoming the Chosen One.

I love the fact that these movies have so much that we can go back and forth on. I'm trying to find interviews with Lucas to see if he states clearly wether Anakin is the chosen one. If he hasnt then there may be something up his sleeve ALA Empire Strikes Back: NO, I am your father!
I agree with you on this one!

I hope theres a similar jaw dropper in the next episode.
There may be, but I wouldn't count on it, seeing as we already know the rest of the story.

Theres even a theory that the Emporer is Anakins father :spit_take sounds too far fetched for me though :D
I've not heard this one, but it's extremely feeble, seeing as how Palpatine is from Naboo and Anakin is from Tattooine. Plus, Shmi would have told Qui-Gon that she had relations with someone. It is highly unlikely that we will find this out in Ep. 3 :p

Vex
03-15-2005, 06:21 AM

The Jedi don't have "control" over the Repubic--they are merely servants. They are at the beckon call of the Chancellor and the Senate, to be used for the benefit and betterment of the Republic. Sometimes this means that they are to use violent methods, but that is only because they are met with resistance.
As far as a peacful separation, that never happened. The Trade Federation's blockade of Naboo was far from peaceful. Non-violent doesn't necessarily mean peaceful. They were forcing their ways onto a peaceful people (even though they themselves were being controlled) The Jedi became involved at first only as negotiators at the request of Chancellor Vallorum, and as a non-violent, but very persuasive, solution.

As far as the similarities between the Jedi Order and organized religion--yes they are there. The Jedi Order IS an organized religion. However, they do not spread their philosophy and beliefs upon others, as they are limited to only Force-sensitive individuals--which excludes about 98% of the general population in the galaxy.
Again, the Jedi are merely peace-keepers for the Republic--even though they don't want to be. They would prefer to not get involved with the Senate's affairs.

Vex
03-15-2005, 06:28 AM
I've never actually heard or read the definition of "balance of the force" and I don't think too many people have. Theres a lot of theories out there on what the "balance of the force" actually is, the most popular being that both sides of the Force have to have an equal amount of Jedi. I don't think that's it. The dark side is much more powerful with 2 Sith than the light is with countless Jedi. My take on it is to acheive a balance in the Force, there must not be 2 sides clashing. Hence when Vader and the Emperor are killed a balance in the Force comes about. Of course with that reasoning, if the Sith destroyed every last light side Jedi, then that would be a balance in the Force as well. And that doesnt sound right...somebody slap me.
No slap needed!
If every Jedi had been destroyed, and it were only the Sith in existence, then yes, the Force would be balanced (because you wouldn't have the good vs. evil conflict). But since Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke and Leia were all alive, then the Force was being pulled in two different directions.

SlartyBartFast
03-15-2005, 11:41 AM
The Jedi don't have "control" over the Repubic--they are merely servants. They are at the beckon call of the Chancellor and the Senate, to be used for the benefit and betterment of the Republic. Sometimes this means that they are to use violent methods, ....

Sure.

Much like the Kremlin was at the "beck and call" of the Supreme Soviet. :rolleyes:

The Jedi were always going around "convincing" senate members and member planets about the "right way" to vote/behave. Who was amking those decisions? Jedi Council.

SlartyBartFast
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
No slap needed!
If every Jedi had been destroyed, and it were only the Sith in existence, then yes, the Force would be balanced (because you wouldn't have the good vs. evil conflict). But since Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke and Leia were all alive, then the Force was being pulled in two different directions.

Think you got the idea of "balance" a little wrong!

Balance means equal weight on each side. Under no definition does it mean one side in control.

Vex
03-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Think you got the idea of "balance" a little wrong!

Balance means equal weight on each side. Under no definition does it mean one side in control.
Okay, once again, in this reference, a "balanced" Force does not mean equal Light side and equal Dark side! One of the definitions of balance, according to Merriam-Webster:
: to bring into harmony or proportion
That's what Luke does by being the Chosen One, he brings harmony to the Force--the Light and Dark sides are no longer battling each other and the galaxy is at peace!

Why is this concept so difficult to understand? :confused:

Vex
03-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Sure.

Much like the Kremlin was at the "beck and call" of the Supreme Soviet. :rolleyes:

The Jedi were always going around "convincing" senate members and member planets about the "right way" to vote/behave. Who was amking those decisions? Jedi Council.
The Jedi have a responsibility to the Repulic and the Galactic Senate, period. If the Republic has a dispute with member planets, then yes, the Jedi are used to try to resolve the issue peacefully. They don't just go throwing their weight around and using the mind trick on whomever they please!
The Jedi Council decides what course of action they are going to take as far as resolving disputes, then they assign the Jedis they think are best suited for the task.
As Mace stated, they are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

Vex
03-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Well, let me put it another way--Anakin is the Chosen One, but it is not he who fulfills the prophecy--it is Luke. So, yes, technically Anakin could be the Chosen One, but technically it could be Luke who brings balance to the Force. They couldn't do it without each other...they are the Yin and Yang.

Overall, I think that it's ambiguous at best and is meant to be decided by the individual viewer.

Some great points/counterpoints have been brought up for both side of the debate! :D
I'm just glad to see so many other SW geeks on AO!! :headbang:

BigEvil
03-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Its amazing to me, how different the older episodes are viewed with each new one released. I just watched ROTJ last night after reading all of the spoilers and such on E3. The significance of the whole confrontation at the end becomes even more intriguing(sp?). You can picture Anikin in the Vader suit, where as before E2 and E3 you couldnt.

SlartyBartFast
03-16-2005, 08:37 AM
As Mace stated, they are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

So, when it suits their needs, they enforce the senates decisions (or more exactly the executives decisions, or more sinisterly, the Jedi council's interpretation of what is best for the senate and republic).

They act undemocratically. What's so good and clean about think and do as we say or we negotiate "aggresively"?

Then, when the senete goes bad (Palpatine takes over) they....

ACT IN THEIR OWN SELF INTEREST AND MONITOR THE ACTIONS OF PALPATINE.

A cute and rosy dictatorship (like the Jedi council or Disney World) is just as evil as a dirty and nasty one (Soviets or Sith). Neither is free.

adam_61550
03-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Ahh that's all well and good, but what you have to realize is....

when it comes down to it....

Boba Fett OWNS ALL. :ninja:

wyn1370
03-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Okay, once again, in this reference, a "balanced" Force does not mean equal Light side and equal Dark side! One of the definitions of balance, according to Merriam-Webster:
: to bring into harmony or proportion
That's what Luke does by being the Chosen One, he brings harmony to the Force--the Light and Dark sides are no longer battling each other and the galaxy is at peace!

Why is this concept so difficult to understand? :confused:
Main Entry: 2balance
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): bal·anced; bal·anc·ing
transitive senses
1 a (1) : to compute the difference between the debits and credits of (an account) (2) : to pay the amount due on : SETTLE b (1) : to arrange so that one set of elements exactly equals another <balance a mathematical equation> (2) : to complete (a chemical equation) so that the same number of atoms and electric charges of each kind appears on each side
2 a : COUNTERBALANCE, OFFSET b : to equal or equalize in weight, number, or proportion
3 : to weigh in or as if in a balance
4 a : to bring to a state or position of equipoise b : to poise in or as if in balance c : to bring into harmony or proportion
intransitive senses
1 : to become balanced or established in balance
2 : to be an equal counterpoise
3 : WAVER 1 <balances and temporizes on matters that demand action>

you're taking the meaning out of context, balance is equal parts on both sides

now I'm not sure what old George's final take on it will be, I'm sure it'll be something stupid and similar to medicholorians(sp)

Ahh that's all well and good, but what you have to realize is....
when it comes down to it....
Boba Fett OWNS ALL. :ninja:
except the sarlac

Eatem Alive
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
didn't he actually escape from the sarlac

lopxtc
03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes in one of the later story books I do believe this happened. Not sure which author it was from though.

Aaron

didn't he actually escape from the sarlac

bam wannabe
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
alright ppl, anakin to me did, and didnt bring balance to the force. in ep. 3 u will see that when (SPOLIER ALERT) mace is fighting sidious, it a string grueling battle and blah blah blah, but sidious uses lightning on mace, mace blocks it with his lightsaber, but anakin comes running along (by the way im just summing this all up, i dont feel like saying how anakin got there and what all happened before this) but then anakin comes up, mace asks for him to strike down sidious cause sidious was on the floor. but sidious was yelling about how he can show anakin how to be stronger and junk. so anywho... anakin whips out his lightsaber, lopps off mace's hand, which gave the emperor the chance to throw him out of a window to his death with his lightning strike. thats 1 reason i think anakin isnt the chosen one. he could have ended it right freakin there!!!!! what a moron!!!!!!! but then again he does throw the emperor to his death in rotj... ironic isnt it?

bam wannabe
03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes in one of the later story books I do believe this happened. Not sure which author it was from though.

Aaron

im sure if u search around the internet u can also find a poster of him flying out of it, and shooting down at it.

Hexis
03-16-2005, 05:00 PM
In the books Boba doesn't quite fly out. He does eventually make it out. He gets help from somone.

wrt obiwan calling Anakin the chosen one: Did folks watch the same traile I did? Obiwan says "You were the chosen one!" That's past tense, so I'm thinking Obiwan figured out anakin is just a PITA.

bam wannabe
03-16-2005, 07:44 PM
wrt obiwan calling Anakin the chosen one: Did folks watch the same traile I did? Obiwan says "You were the chosen one!" That's past tense, so I'm thinking Obiwan figured out anakin is just a PITA.

yup

gimp
03-16-2005, 08:29 PM
::::SPOILER::::
This is what Obi-Wan says:

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Eventually, balance does come to the Force. The whole process is started by Anakin. I'd think that would make him the chosen one.

WingMan13
03-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Plus, Shmi would have told Qui-Gon that she had relations with someone. It is highly unlikely that we will find this out in Ep. 3 :p

Actually the gross part to this theory is that she didnt even know she was.... implanted. :rofl: Again still very far fetched for me :rofl:

WingMan13
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
::::SPOILER::::
This is what Obi-Wan says:

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan...

Dude, where did you dig up that quote? Tell me you have some script some where! :D

Vex
03-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Main Entry: 2balance
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): bal·anced; bal·anc·ing
transitive senses
1 a (1) : to compute the difference between the debits and credits of (an account) (2) : to pay the amount due on : SETTLE b (1) : to arrange so that one set of elements exactly equals another <balance a mathematical equation> (2) : to complete (a chemical equation) so that the same number of atoms and electric charges of each kind appears on each side
2 a : COUNTERBALANCE, OFFSET b : to equal or equalize in weight, number, or proportion
3 : to weigh in or as if in a balance
4 a : to bring to a state or position of equipoise b : to poise in or as if in balance c : to bring into harmony or proportion
intransitive senses
1 : to become balanced or established in balance
2 : to be an equal counterpoise
3 : WAVER 1 <balances and temporizes on matters that demand action>

you're taking the meaning out of context, balance is equal parts on both sides

now I'm not sure what old George's final take on it will be, I'm sure it'll be something stupid and similar to medicholorians(sp)
Actually, I'm not taking anything out of context. In Star Wars, "balance" of the Force doesn't mean both sides are equal--it means harmony; serenity; peace. If it meant to be equal, then it would never be balanced, even after Vader kills Palpatine--BECAUSE LUKE, THE LAST JEDI, IS STILL ALIVE!!! Luke would have to kill himself in order for the Force to be "balanced" by your definition (0 Jedi = 0 Sith)(Leia doesn't count as a Jedi, since she is not one). A "balanced" Force means, very simply, that there are NO MORE SITH!!--and that's it.
You see, the Force has never been balanced in the past, because there have always been Sith lurking around. When the Sith wiped themselves out, there was one lone survivor, Darth Bane. He spent many, many years hiding and developing his Force powers of concealment and stealth, while waiting to take an apprentice. Darth Bane reconstructed the Sith order so that only two Sith, one master and one apprentice, would exist at the same time. They would use stealth and deception to hide themselves from the Jedi until it was time to resurface (The Phantom Menace).

gimp
03-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Dude, where did you dig up that quote? Tell me you have some script some where! :D

best starwars site ever, http://www.supershadow.com

Also, there is a ton of info on the jedi at this site. http://www.jedipurge.com I found it linked off supershadow.

To take a quote from that site:

"When Yoda was 177, the Jedi Holocron kept by Shintor Beerus was rediscovered, prophesying the One who would bring Balance to the Force. Yoda was a more formidable Jedi than Evins Croslod and even Aenon Jurtis, the most formidable Jedi before his time. Many considered Yoda to be the fulfillment of the prophecy, but upon examining the Holocron, Yoda could not be the One, for the One would be born of a virgin mother. Yoda was trained by Bontu Sitmus, who in turn had been trained by Tracktius Mutheon."

RobAGD
03-17-2005, 11:43 PM
How about a balance of power like so :

1 Sith = 500 watts of Force power

1 Jedi = 50 watts of force power

so to have a balance you have :

2 sith vs 20 Jedi both equal to 1000 watts of force power :D

You have your balance.

Nenner nenner

-R

Vex
03-18-2005, 02:12 AM
best starwars site ever, http://www.supershadow.com

Also, there is a ton of info on the jedi at this site. http://www.jedipurge.com I found it linked off supershadow.

To take a quote from that site:

"When Yoda was 177, the Jedi Holocron kept by Shintor Beerus was rediscovered, prophesying the One who would bring Balance to the Force. Yoda was a more formidable Jedi than Evins Croslod and even Aenon Jurtis, the most formidable Jedi before his time. Many considered Yoda to be the fulfillment of the prophecy, but upon examining the Holocron, Yoda could not be the One, for the One would be born of a virgin mother. Yoda was trained by Bontu Sitmus, who in turn had been trained by Tracktius Mutheon."
See, this is where the whole Expanded Universe (EU) gets super cool and super annoying at the same time. People take liberties and write whatever the hell they want. According to the movies, the prophecy does NOT state that the Chosen One will be born of a VIRGIN mother, but simply, born of the Force.

Thanks for the websites! Great links!

Vex
03-18-2005, 02:14 AM
How about a balance of power like so :

1 Sith = 500 watts of Force power

1 Jedi = 50 watts of force power

so to have a balance you have :

2 sith vs 20 Jedi both equal to 1000 watts of force power :D

You have your balance.

Nenner nenner

-R
Not a bad try, Rob; but not a good one either! :D :rofl: