PDA

View Full Version : should i?

zazzoo
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
should i trade my eblade cocker for a evil pimp?
cocker
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83359&stc=1
pimp
http://photobucket.com/albums/v434/velocityballer/?action=view&current=IM000082.jpg

68magOwner
02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
have you ever held a pimp? there basicially upped/milled imps with nicer eyes. What i hate about them is that the trigger is TINY, can barely fit 2 fingers on it, no fun at all. Other than that, not bad i guess, depends on how much you like your cocker

PRPB
02-23-2005, 04:07 PM
I personally would stay with the e-cocker. I don't like the pimps at all.

zazzoo
02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
n e 1 else what should i do?

zazzoo
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
40 viewers and onl 2 ppl respond :cry:

barberjohn
02-23-2005, 06:14 PM
well, considering the resale value that cockers are at right now, i would definately trade. the pimp is less prone to breaking, and you can always upgrade the trigger if you dont like it. also, it will probably be lighter and you will probably get much more for it than your cocker, no offense or anything. it would help if you shoot one yourself, of course, this isnt always possible, so base your opinion on a gun very similar, which in this case would be a impulse/bushy.

gortman44
02-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Id go with the pimp. you can barly fight both of your fingers in the eblade, so theres no differnce there.

68magOwner
02-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Id go with the pimp. you can barly fight both of your fingers in the eblade, so theres no differnce there.

...if you think e-blade is bad, you would take an ax to the pimp, its not that the trigger guard is to small (it may be, but, i couldnt get over the actuall trigger) but, the trigger itself is the size of a single finger trigger, and, as far as i know, there are no replacement triggers for pimps, and if there are, they would have to be shapped horribly due to the frame shape

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-23-2005, 06:36 PM
The pimp might be perhaps the most uncomfortable to shoot fast marker in existence. I have held one and thought mayhap long fingered children were supposed to the use the marker, and I was not impressed with it, keep the cocker.

Az

phantomhitman
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
teammate had a pimp, it absolutely ate detents. hopefully it was just his, but he traded it for a timmy. ebaldes are nice if they work.........IF
you def have to go try one out or at elast hold one. they are not to everyones liking. what type fo eblade do you have have (specs)?

andreb
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, that trigger on the Pimp is wat too small for me. There might be aftermarket triggers for it if they can manage to fit them inside that trigger guard.

Anyway, I've held and shot one and aside from the trigger it felt ok... a little heavier than it looked but still ok.

Honestly, e-blades are just as nice in my opinion but if resale value is a concern to you I would go ahead and trade it cause e-blade 1's are becoming way too inexpensive.

peewee
02-23-2005, 06:51 PM
I vote pimp!!

zazzoo
02-23-2005, 07:01 PM
what are pimps resale?

Maggot6
02-23-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't have any idea on resale of pimps, but The cocker seems nicer, given the point of a gun is to shoot. And a small trigger doesn't seem like it would do the job.

NewMagMan21
02-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I've played with both...Well not your exact model but it did have an e-blade...anyway. I personally HATED the pimp I used... It had just a bad feeling to it (in my opinion I call it cheap) where as the e-cocker feels sturdy and well built.... This is just my opinion... my friend has one as well he has had many probs with detents, and electronic probs and he treats his gun very well.... maybe its just our experiences but to us pimps are crap... Keep your cocker...(This is all my opinion so dont take my word for it only... ;) )
(Did I say my opinion enough...lol)

gc82000
02-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Stick with your cocker. It is a better deal for you then a pimp.

barberjohn
02-23-2005, 07:53 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159730
same cocker as yours, selling for $450

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167972
evil pimp, pimp alone selling for $600

pimps are newer and are having better resale value right now. since you have held a pimp and liked it reasonably well, then i think you should go along with the trade, and if you dont like it, sell it. like the guy above said, his friend traded his for a timmy, which i dont think you could do with your cocker unless you added cash. oh, and i just noticed the pimp got a hit for an e-orracle ;) .

Enemy
02-24-2005, 05:36 AM
i dont like the pimps at all the trigger is the most ill thought of design i have ever seen!!! that being sad it is an impulse no more!!! then again an ebladed cocker is just a 500 trigger on a 300 dollar gun!! your stuck get the pimp and trade for something you will really like!!

Lohman446
02-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Evil Pimps new - there are two or three on the shop wall = $675

RRfireblade
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Are you doing it for the money or the gun?

The Pimps likley worth a little bit more money,

But...

I've had so many Pimps in the store with problems I can't even count. Come to think of it,I haven't had one come it that didn't have any problems.Happen to have 2 sitting here right now.I personally wouldn't get one unless it was given to me...and then I'd just sell it. :)

Besides all the it may have the worst trigger set up ever,the regs have been been pretty poor,the eye logic is iffy at best and it's as tall as a building(top of the feedneck to the bottom of a rail mount ASA is + 10").

That's my experience tho,your milage may vary.

rkjunior303
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
I've had so many Pimps in the store with problems I can't even count. Come to think of it,I haven't had one come it that didn't have any problems.Happen to have 2 sitting here right now.I personally wouldn't get one unless it was given to me...and then I'd just sell it. :)

Besides all the it may have the worst trigger set up ever,the regs have been been pretty poor,the eye logic is iffy at best and it's as tall as a building(top of the feedneck to the bottom of a rail mount ASA is + 10")..

Really?

Evil's customer service is impecable. Much better that WGP... If you have a problem, Evil will take care of it... More often than not, for free. As for the trigger, I hear it takes getting used to but it will definitely be faster than the e-blade. The stock "ghetto" board is uncapped but WAS also just released a board for the Pimp, which is Evil approved. I reccomend shooting a Pimp before you listen to all the -opinions- on the board. See how it feels to you, and go from there. Used, they are running around $550-600. The reg's have been pretty poor? The Detonator is the best reg on the market, next to the Sidewinder/2-Liter -- according to the tests that AKA did with -all- of the top regulators............

Just MY 2 cent with my experiences with the Pimp. I reccommend reading the Evil forum on PBN -- they are a great bunch of guys.

RRfireblade
02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Really?

Evil's customer service is impecable. Much better that WGP... If you have a problem, Evil will take care of it...

The reg's have been pretty poor? The Detonator is the best reg on the market, next to the Sidewinder/2-Liter -- according to the tests that AKA did with -all- of the top regulators............

Just MY 2 cent with my experiences with the Pimp. I reccommend reading the Evil forum on PBN -- they are a great bunch of guys.

Agreed on the PMIs customer service.Never has a problem dealing with them myself either. I get them in here simply because people don't want to send them off and wait.

Detonators: Great when new...yeah,sometimes. Definately seem to wear and develop inconsistancy faster than most.The LPR, isn't as good new and seems to have the same other problems.

But I haven't had a 'huge' number of them in here and there are a few regular returning markers(perhaps just lemons?)so as I said, that's been my experience so far.

rkjunior303
02-24-2005, 01:59 PM
The LPR, isn't as good new and seems to have the same other problems.

A creeping LPR seems to be the most common problem I have seen people having with them.. The thing about the respirator is that it needs to function under a vacuum -- so when it's disassembled, sometimes a little pocket of air gets trapped and it creeps.. Only way to get rid of it, is to do the plastic baggie trick on it to force the remainding little bit of air out :) Granted, I'm bias because I have used an Omen as a backup (with great success, when it was my primary) for a long time... Nothing but solid reviews for Evil and the service they/PMI provide.

RRfireblade
02-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Granted, I'm bias because I have used an Omen as a backup (with great success, when it was my primary) for a long time... Nothing but solid reviews for Evil and the service they/PMI provide.

That's cool. NP here.

BTW, I also find the Omen to be a far more reliable albeit a more simplist design,than the Pimp.

minimag03
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Stay with the cocker.