PDA

View Full Version : New ideas are hard to come by

steveg
11-16-2001, 06:23 AM
this is a Boys anti tank gun designed in 1935 the hand grip
remind you of anything;)

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 07:44 AM
i must say that looks kinda like the new g11 from H&K.

Thordic
11-16-2001, 07:59 AM
I think he meant ZGrip :)

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 08:02 AM
i know, but i was comparing the entire gun. although i did know there was an opening for the position of "Master of the Obvious". didn't want to be the one to fill it.

steveg
11-16-2001, 08:11 AM
hmmm i don't know ???

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 04:41 PM
ofcourse, i should have known someone would know what i was talking about and that person would make me explain myself. damn...:D

actually i was refering to how the trigger comes out of nowhere and the fact that the gun as a whole is rather boxy. lol. besides, the older prototypes looked a little longer and had an extended barrel. :D

zads27
11-16-2001, 05:07 PM
Hm, sorry I don't really see the resemblance between the new G11 and the Anti-tank gun. Maybe prototype 14, or prototype 1, but those were made about 20 and 30 years ago, respectively.
By the way, HK is the best.

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 06:59 PM
you know what's so amazing about the g11?
1)the only gun on the planet that shoots caseless ammunition
2)rate of fire. 2000 rounds a minute on 3-round burst.
3)recoil system. too damn difficult to explain. go to the site and study yourself if you're really that interested. :D

alright, enough about real guns, let's get back to PAINTBALL!!!!

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 07:00 PM
wait a minute, i just noticed you're from sandiego, ca. cool! have you ever heard of the Cuban Cigar Factory? there are like 7 locations in sandiego, i think.

zads27
11-16-2001, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Bartleby
you know what's so amazing about the g11?
1)the only gun on the planet that shoots caseless ammunition
2)rate of fire. 2000 rounds a minute on 3-round burst.
3)recoil system. too damn difficult to explain. go to the site and study yourself if you're really that interested. :D

alright, enough about real guns, let's get back to PAINTBALL!!!!

sorry for the tangent, but:
actually, the g11 isn't the only caseless gun out there. one particular disturbing example is the "metalstorm," designed by some aussie recently. the rate of fire isn't that impressive; you could raise the rate of fire of many firearms, but due to their design, the recoil would be intense. the COMBINATION of the high rate of fire, using caseless ammunition, and the recoil system are what make the g11 impressive.

back to the boys anti tank gun, it looks to me like a z-grip mounted on a barret m82a1 .50 cal sniper rifle (and the boys a/t gun is actually .55 caliber, whew!), with the magazine on top of the breach, like the bren machine gun.

Bartleby
11-16-2001, 07:31 PM
you have just proven your worthiness of the "LOWER LIFE THAN BARTLEBY" award. lol. i admint, i don't know that much about guns, but there's a reason for that.

but didn't i say that those three things are what make it impressive? why did you bother correcting me on that? :D