PDA

View Full Version : Old Z-body...

Commissar_Loki
02-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Ok, This is mainly geared toward the older players or ones who have some historyunder their belt as far as mag parts. I have the opportunity to buy a Z-body. Good condition. I'm curious what your opinion about them is, what's it worth? Whats it do? and so on.... I'm just curious what you guys think.

-Butch

magman007
02-23-2005, 08:54 PM
hmm. well... with the ule bodies out, it isnt as much of a commodity as it once was. it was ncie because it was cocker threaded.... the backspin deal never really worked right on em, and they are ugly in my opinion. i have no idea on the worth of one, but if your looking for something quirky, i would pick it up. you dont see many of em any more

WenULiVeUdiE
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
It only works if you have a very large bore barrel, as in .698. It doesnt always give the same trajectory from shot to shot. I believe you cannot use an X-valve in it as well.

50 cal
02-23-2005, 10:07 PM
You have to use a big bore barrel with it to get the back spin needed. It was a flash in the pan gimmick.

hollandbv73
02-24-2005, 06:58 PM
i have a z-body on my mag and does get alot of looks becuase the company is out of bussiness and not many ppl have them. you do need a large bore barrel so that the back spin can be used. the back spin is cause by a small very soft rubber material just before the barrel. i problem i have right know is that my ball detent is going bad and is causing ball breaks when firing fast.