PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from today's Tech Class

AGD-OfficeGal
11-16-2001, 01:10 PM
Kayle took these pictures of this morning's tech class.

AGD-OfficeGal
11-16-2001, 01:11 PM
Knowledge-hungry paintball fanatics.

AGD-OfficeGal
11-16-2001, 01:12 PM
Spin!

MajorDamage
11-16-2001, 01:47 PM
COOL! Why couldnt I be there???

ENDO!

datapimp69
11-16-2001, 01:49 PM
at least ill be there tommarow.

and this is more proof that tom does have more shirts

graycie
11-16-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69
and this is more proof that tom does have more shirts

its an AGD sweatshirt, that shouldn't count

zads27
11-16-2001, 04:56 PM
You should have an online tech class :)

Vegeta
11-16-2001, 06:55 PM
If I had a mag i would have been there :((

AGD should start giving away mags to ppl on the street. oh wait thats why Im entering the contest. if I dont win that emag im gonna be outa luck!

The online tech class sounds cool.

Prezents
11-16-2001, 09:55 PM
hummmm dont think this shirt count's

Shaft
11-16-2001, 10:51 PM
Tom is a good artist.
Excellent class.
And probably can be done online relatively nicely.

And I think anyone considering an Angel should ask about the 10sec recharge time in the valve.

The shirt counts. A couple of the other AGD folks there were wearing the denim shirts for Tom.

Army
11-16-2001, 11:45 PM
I notice plenty of Dr. Pepper for everyone! Very good! :cool:

Gunga
11-16-2001, 11:54 PM
Well, we now have 50-60 new AGD certified techs.

We got 3 certificates for:

'Emag Theory & Troubleshooting'

'Flatline Construction & Maintenance', and

'Warp Feed Setup & Diagnosis' :D

We also got to see that gold plated dual Minimag supergun. :) Though it wasn't working right. Tomorrow one of the guys is gonna work on it and hook it up to an Emag trigger frame. Look out! :)

the123
11-17-2001, 12:39 AM
Yeah the Class was better than good. Not only did we get Tech Certified but we also got THE POSTER. You know the one with the nice brunette on it holding the 68 Mag saying "Everything You've Dreamed Of..".
I think KayleAGD passed out all there was. So they are GONE FOREVER! And *I* have one :)
Tom also told us all his secrets. Then showed us the proof to back it up on the infamous Gun Dyno he designed.

Thanks a MILLION Tom
Brian
BTW I like the Nascar and Corvette analogy.

nerobro
11-17-2001, 03:53 AM
*shakes head* Beware, we are not sure of the condition of that superman angel. 10 secconds is a bit.... Well... INSANE. but it was a good compairson to the Rt valve.... I'd like to see what a stabalizer will do... what I'd do for a day or 3 with that dyno. I'ts 3:55 am.. and I'ts only been an hour and 10 mins since I left the company of the last 6 stragglers and tom. Well.. more posts are to come.

Slapp
11-17-2001, 05:29 AM
Hats off and thanks to Tom and AGD for putting on a great class! Lots of myths debunked, backed up with the research done to prove/disprove what works and what doesn't and why. Some interesting info during breaks too. Could there perhaps be a new trigger idea beginning to form? I was also able to pick up one of the new "superbolts" along with some plastic nubbins and hope to be field testing them soon.

We all learned why 9 volt batteries are just plain inefficient (low relative amperage), what does and does not effect barrel function and why (porting reduces noise - period and diminishes ball acceleration at the point where porting begins), why not to try your own homemade 8 hole mod on your valve (no longer needed as AGD valves now line up so that no greater air throughput is obtained with the 8 hole mod), why not to file your sear (will only negatively effect trigger performance and reliability), what that rattle is when you shake a flatline reg (safety valve to prevent massive air release when front of reg is removed and tank is gassed up), how and where air pressure surrounds a paintball in flight, fact versus fiction with aftermarket parts and tons about existing product function.

The real good news is that several side projects such as R.I.T.E (for law enforcement) have now run their course and AGD is refocusing their emphasis toward recreational paintball products.

The class left me better educated on AGD products and seriously jonesing for one of the SFL e-mags. The company is truly focused on performance, safety, durability and delivering value to their customers.

Folks able to make the Saturday games at Country Club Paintball or Sunday at Fox River Games are going to get a first hand look at the firepower unleashed by warp fed mags aplenty.

From what everyone learned at the tech class there are going to be tons of very informative posts coming up from folks who attended and better advice than ever from many members here on AO.

Thanks again Tom for volunteering the time and expense to hold this weekends events for all of us. Class company, class products, class guy!

Shaft
11-17-2001, 08:36 AM
Not to mention that it was cool to see and meet some of the AO folk out there. Even some as far Canada...

Gunga
11-17-2001, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Army
I notice plenty of Dr. Pepper for everyone! Very good! :cool:

Army,

Tom was sucking down Diet Coke like you wouldn't believe. I was surpised that he didn't have to take more potty breaks!

Don't think there was any Dr Pepper though (unless someone brought their own. Or if there was, it was all gone by the time I got to the cooler!

Gambit1106
11-17-2001, 09:11 AM
Thanks Tom for everything. I learned a lot from the class including 9v batteries suck. (not exactly worded like that) Also thanks for lunch and dinner during the class. Well I am about to leave to go to the tour, and get my superbolt. :D

Darren

nerobro
11-18-2001, 04:53 AM
Well, this morning we revisited the angel issue. We rounded up two other angels with the govinair regs on them. they all recharged about the same. We also tested another reg on the market, the Palmers stabilizer. Versus the several seccond recharge time on the govinair, the stab was in the .05 seccond range.

to give a comparison, the RT recharges in .024 secconds.

Well I will most likely be begining a new thread on the subject... Basicly we found out that govinair regs, really really suck. This testing says nothing about the actual mechanics of the gun. *smiles* And both regs on the angel CAN be replaced. Well/..... new thread time.

MikeCouves
11-18-2001, 11:34 AM
Arg, I want to get a cocker, so I wouldn't be able to have my Minimag anymore. I wonder how good the Cocker Tech Classes are...and I can't imagine how complicated. Is there any age thing for the AGD classes? Because I am only a youngin...

Edit: How much did the Tech Classes cost? If I kept my Minimag I could go to it in one of the years and be the only AGD Tech in Newfoundland...maybe Atlantic Canada if I am lucky.

As I said, there isn't any age requirements right? And how does it work? Is there like an exam or something too?

Chris
11-18-2001, 06:23 PM
The tech class was free, no age requirements only knowledge requirements.

As far as the gun dyno, the only question lingering in my mind is the output pressure on the flatline. I know there should be at least 200 psi difference between regs to get the best performance. Regardless of that fact, the gun dyno did show how insanely fast the retrovalve does recharge, particularly when compared to the WDP regulator. Tom also explained why the angel is able to keep a consistant velocity with the long recharge time...basically it is the amount that the pin valve is open, releasing air into the breach. It ends up working quite well, but it is not the precise way of doing things.

-Chris

nerobro
11-18-2001, 07:16 PM
We could ask tom... but given the wildy different output pressures on the govinairs, and the preformance still being crap on all of them. And then the stab preforming quite well... I think the input pressure didn't have much to do with this "test"

the govinair regs were putputting 475, 550 and 750 psi. The stab was at 550 or so.

slushee
11-18-2001, 09:11 PM
The Canadians have 'finally' made it home :D

thanx again to all those members who came out and made it a good time

..and to jonAGD, thanx for all the help eh! ;)

FooTemps
11-18-2001, 10:48 PM
I think there should be a tech class tour. Ya know, tom and co. travel around the world in a flying semi-truck and teach everyone about the mag! Or maybe they should just do online ineteractive tech classes or maybe just sell tech class video tapes...

MikeCouves
11-19-2001, 07:12 AM
Yeah but know all those questions or myths that you have about mags? Well you could just ask them all, you would learn so much there. I am defiantely going to try and get there next year. I would love to be an AGD certified tech for Newfoundland, and be like 15.

yermom
11-19-2001, 09:45 AM
what??? no pictures of the 5-0 that rolled up on saturday....they had their hands on their guns ready to draw...:D

cphilip
11-19-2001, 10:15 AM
You know the picture of all the guys in class reminds me of the exact picture of a police sting operation I saw on Cops last night. You know...the one where they tell em all they have won the lottery and to show up and retrieve ther prize? So they can nab em on outstanding warrants. I am almost certain that is the same group. Did anyone run a background check on that sorry looking bunch of hoodlums? I am concerned about the lack of security up there at AGD. I think you should Drug test them all before you mail em their certificates at least. :D

(Just kidding guys. Hate to have missed it - cphilip)

thei3ug
11-19-2001, 01:27 PM
Back row, second to the left.

That's me with the sideburns. :)

Panzerr
11-19-2001, 01:42 PM
If I hadn't been busy will drill I would have been there.

:(

AGD should do it again ;)

AGD
11-19-2001, 02:56 PM
Guys I am going to close this thread so everything goes under the official feedback thread. I'll open it back up and post more pics when I get them.

AGD

AGD
11-20-2001, 04:42 PM
Guys,

Kayle took these pics at Fox River Games on Sunday. Cliff was there with his super custom babies! These all have either Mags or Spyders inside.

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/tomspyder.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/tommgun2.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/tomcharge.jpg

Ni cD
11-20-2001, 05:02 PM
Haha, Tom Kaye plays Rambo...I love it! :)

MajorDamage
11-20-2001, 05:47 PM
Coola! But Tom, you have a viewloader patch on your jersey! What about HALO!?

ENDO!

Army
11-20-2001, 05:52 PM
A M(ag)G-42! Let's Emag that sucker with one of Jons full auto boards and HALO. I'll play back, nobody gets out alive!

Gunga
11-20-2001, 06:06 PM
A few of us played with the other guy in the last pic, the owner of the guns that Tom's playing with. Unfortunately, he didn't use any of them (at least not the 2 games he played with us).

He was using his Angel. Bah!

Dubstar112
11-20-2001, 06:47 PM
I have the same jersey as TOM!... and another 90 percent of the paintball players as well have it.