PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a scary/horror movie

ojhspyro89
02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Ok well i really need to find the freakiest scariest movie for this weekend. I want a freaky movie that gives you the creeps and stuff.

We watched saw last week and it was ok so i need something to that effect. Ive heard of Se7en but im not sure so feedback on that would be great!

I like scary movies

Deep Sixx
02-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Deliverance. The ONLY movie that has ever totally creeped me out. It's not really scary, but it'll make your skin crawl.

sixx

Will Wood
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Deliverance, yea, that's an alright movie.. only part that really bothered me was ... yea...

Barjack420
02-24-2005, 02:19 PM
house of 1000 corpses
directed by rob zombie// kicks ***

texas chainsaw massacre/ most recent version

The THing // freaky scifi movie, shapeshifting monsters on an isolated antartic research station

zackzel
02-24-2005, 02:29 PM
house of 1000 corpses
directed by rob zombie// kicks ***

texas chainsaw massacre/ most recent version

The THing // freaky scifi movie, shapeshifting monsters on an isolated antartic research station

house of 1000 corpses was just weird and creepy, not sure if I would recommend it or not, but I would definatly agree with the new texas chainsaw massacre, good decently scary movie and jessica biel is hot

rkjunior303
02-24-2005, 03:03 PM
The Shining. The original. With Jack.

skife
02-24-2005, 03:11 PM
the ring.... the whole idea of a TV killing people kinda creeped me out a bit.

the rockey horror picture show ... transvestites are scary enough for me.

SAW
02-24-2005, 03:12 PM
"The Thing" John Carpenter.

Great film.

ojhspyro89
02-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Ive seen thing ring, the shining*(i doubt bunch o 15 year olds would want to see an old naked woman :rofl: ), house of 1000 corpses (whao), rocky horror picture show(hahahaha GREAT SCOT!) i saw the old chainsaw masacre havnt seen the new one but im looking forward to it sometime.

So im looking to deliverence, what is it about really? And is it a common movie that i could like go rent or something?

OH yeah, how many of you have seen that 13 ghosts movie? That one is a great movie and a lil freaky i guess.

Thordic
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
13 Ghosts wasnt great.

If you have a nice big TV, I reccomend House on Haunted Hill (the recent remake).

It was scary as hell in the theatre, but the TV doesn't do it justice. If you have a big TV and a good stereo, go for it.

SAW
02-24-2005, 03:35 PM
i saw the old chainsaw masacre havnt seen the new one but im looking forward to it sometime.

Biel was the only good thing in the TCM remake.

Forgot about Event Horizon. Scary as hell when I first saw it.

Deep Sixx
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
So im looking to deliverence, what is it about really? And is it a common movie that i could like go rent or something?

It's about 4 guys who head out on a fishing trip, but end up lost in the backwoods of rural Georgia. Bad stuff happens... real bad stuff. It's not gory or bloody, it's just creepy. There is stuff you'll see that'll just "bother" you... and it'll stay with you for a while.

Just ask for it at the video store... they'll have it. It's old, but it was a big movie.

sixx

RogueFactoryKid
02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
It.

quik
02-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Session 9 is fun to watch.

StuDawggie
02-24-2005, 06:00 PM
If you're looking for creepy/skin crawling types of movies, might I suggest "Stir of Echos". It's one of those psychological movies, that will just creep you out.

Or if you want real horror might I suggest Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Hugo Weaving (the agent from the Matrix movies), and some guy who was in Superman 2 (or 3 can't remember, either way he's really ugly) in drag singing ABBA songs. My now ex-girlfriend suckered me into that one, and it gave me nightmares for a month.

ojhspyro89
02-24-2005, 10:28 PM
HEY i own stir of echos i think ill watch that, it sounds pretty good! I forgot i had that.

And i have a big tv but the group that comes over (my home geeezizzzless) just go in the basement, its cool. Funny thing is that the ratio of dudes to girls is like 2:5 or 2:6

lol me and my bud are lucky lol. Im going to have to like write down all these movies or someting.

Skywalker
02-24-2005, 10:34 PM
How about The Exorcist. That freaked that hell out of me. I couldn't sleep for weeks.

WickeDKlowN
02-24-2005, 10:39 PM
People usually laugh at me when I say this, but the Ring kind of creeped me out. Probobly because there's a tv in almost every room of our house(8 of them to be exact).

I often wonder the same question though. I have yet to find a movie that scares the bejezus out of me. Some creep me out or are weird, but no true scary movies.

WingMan13
02-24-2005, 10:39 PM
How about The Exorcist. That freaked that hell out of me. I couldn't sleep for weeks.

That movie still creeps me out

RogueFactoryKid
02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Kazaam

pumaking
02-24-2005, 11:55 PM
dude try to find "Faces of Death" or "Traces of Death" you want creepy LOL well this is actual video footage of people getting killed :tard: Big snuff film :eek:

Ov3rmind
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
"The Thing" John Carpenter.

Great film.
That movie did creep me out, it was great.

Ov3rmind
02-25-2005, 12:30 AM
dude try to find "Faces of Death" or "Traces of Death" you want creepy LOL well this is actual video footage of people getting killed :tard: Big snuff film :eek:
Urban legend, it's actually fake.

pumaking
02-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Urban legend, it's actually fake.

yup, well except for the animal cruelty.

Automaggot68
02-25-2005, 01:26 AM
How about...
Dead Alive?
Zombie? (Italian Flick, Their Zombie II is our Zombie 1)
Can anyone asnwer me this question?
Who wins in a fight between a zombie and a shark?

Vex
02-25-2005, 02:18 AM
"Faces of Death" is not a "snuff" film. It is a documentary that depicts video footage of actual (and some fake) deaths, both animal and human. The majority of the human deaths were filmed by news media and a couple were filmed by amateurs.

From snopes.com: "Numerous compilation films in which death scenes -- both real and staged -- exist. Of these, the Faces of Death series is the most widely known."
(http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.htm )

Here's a great resource for ALL of your urban legend needs: http://www.snopes.com

Vex
02-25-2005, 02:34 AM
As for scary movies, The Exorcist is probably the scariest. The Omen, The Hunger,
A Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, and Rosemary's Baby are all classics and are all scarier than ANYTHING out there today. Se7en is a great thriller--not particularly scary though.

adam_61550
02-25-2005, 02:37 AM
The Legend of Boggy Creek or JAWS. My 2 favorite scary movies ever.

Also, this isnt really a scary movie, but if you ever get a chance to watch "The Ghost and the Darkness", watch it. It's a true story about 2 lions that go on a killing spree. Scared the crap out of me, and it's a lot scarier than some of the "scary movies" that have been coming out lately.

BlackWeenie
02-25-2005, 02:42 AM
"Faces of Death" is not a "snuff" film. It is a documentary that depicts video footage of actual (and some fake) deaths, both animal and human. The majority of the human deaths were filmed by news media and a couple were filmed by amateurs.

From snopes.com: "Numerous compilation films in which death scenes -- both real and staged -- exist. Of these, the Faces of Death series is the most widely known."
(http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.htm )

Here's a great resource for ALL of your urban legend needs: http://www.snopes.com

.... wtf is a staged death??? :p :confused:

Vex
02-25-2005, 02:51 AM
.... wtf is a staged death??? :p :confused:

Uh...FAKE :ninja:

nastymag
02-25-2005, 04:11 AM
i second SAW .....

Event Horizen ...Scariest movie EVER !!!!!!

SCpoloRicker
02-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Exorcist, Shining, Omen. Kids these days.

/Event Horizon. Is. Crap.
//as is ANY re-make. (psycho, TCM, Amityville, etc.)

Thordic
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Event Horizon is awesome, go eat a steaming load of poop Ricker :)

I agree remakes are generally terrible though. But I do like House on Haunted Hill, although I've never seen the Vincent Price original.

SAW
02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Event Horizon is awesome, go eat a steaming load of poop Ricker :)

I agree remakes are generally terrible though. But I do like House on Haunted Hill, although I've never seen the Vincent Price original.
Original HHH > Remake in so many ways...

Most remakes do suck. As do most continuations of a series (a la Halloween 1/2/3/4/5/43/87).

ojhspyro89
02-25-2005, 04:24 PM
I think halloween is trying to keep up in video releases as the Before Time videos or whatever with the lil dinosaurs.

WickeDKlowN
02-25-2005, 04:42 PM
I've heard Last House on the Left and Resurrection are good. Never seen them though.

Commissar_Loki
02-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Dog Soldiers is the best!

-This is of course coming from someone who likes bad scary movies

-Butch

SAW
02-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Dog Soldiers is the best!

-This is of course coming from someone who likes bad scary movies

-Butch
Is that the one with the British soldiers running from the "werewolves"?

/cringe. That film was horrid.

ojhspyro89
02-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Now im looking for a jumpy movie ya know. Cause all those movies you guys said, my parents said they werent scary. Ive seen seven but i forgot i did, that movie is sick.

SCpoloRicker
02-26-2005, 05:22 PM
- Harry @ aicn, on Event Horizon Aint-it-Cool (http://www.aint-it-cool.com)

First off, PARAMOUNT PUT THOSE 40 MINUTES BACK IN!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest let me say that this film has brilliant production design, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!! What the hell was up with that last 40 minutes of the film?

This movie has a good cast, all these actors have and can be good. But when you have characters die in one scene, then in the very next scene they are planting bombs, or in another part you have a character disappear from screen for 30 minutes or so, to only appear knocked out the next time they appear.

This film is confused, disorganized and is definately a "coulda been a contenda" movie had the film studio allowed the film makers to actually tell a complete story. Why oh why?

"Harry you didn't see those 40 minutes how do you know they would of made a difference?"

Well first of all, because there felt like there were missing pieces. And if you can see obvious missing pieces, then somewhere those pieces exist. Would those minutes do anything to save the film, I don't know. But my spies that saw the print that did have this stuff, thought the film kicked ***. And we people that saw it after the fact, don't agree. Hellloooooooooo, McFlyyyyyyyy!!!!

There is a reason to see this film. The production design is stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. So good, you can picture what you would do, given the same sets. WARNING this film kinda turns into a Hellraiserish film for no explanation. Beware, if you don't like Hellraiser wet effects, don't see the film. And to you people (like me) that like Hellraiser wet effects, nothing here is near as good as what you know. $1 movie fare.

Maggot6
02-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Who doesn't like the shining ;)

StuDawggie
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
-[SIZE=1]This is of course coming from someone who likes bad scary movies

If you like them bad, try "Terror Toons", or the creme de la creme "Dolls"
2 of my all time favorite bad horror flicks.
BTW "Seed of Chucky" comes out on DVD April 12th :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kai
02-27-2005, 02:25 PM
- Harry @ aicn, on Event Horizon Aint-it-Cool (http://www.aint-it-cool.com)

First off, PARAMOUNT PUT THOSE 40 MINUTES BACK IN!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest let me say that this film has brilliant production design, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!! What the hell was up with that last 40 minutes of the film?

This movie has a good cast, all these actors have and can be good. But when you have characters die in one scene, then in the very next scene they are planting bombs, or in another part you have a character disappear from screen for 30 minutes or so, to only appear knocked out the next time they appear.

This film is confused, disorganized and is definately a "coulda been a contenda" movie had the film studio allowed the film makers to actually tell a complete story. Why oh why?

"Harry you didn't see those 40 minutes how do you know they would of made a difference?"

Well first of all, because there felt like there were missing pieces. And if you can see obvious missing pieces, then somewhere those pieces exist. Would those minutes do anything to save the film, I don't know. But my spies that saw the print that did have this stuff, thought the film kicked ***. And we people that saw it after the fact, don't agree. Hellloooooooooo, McFlyyyyyyyy!!!!

There is a reason to see this film. The production design is stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. So good, you can picture what you would do, given the same sets. WARNING this film kinda turns into a Hellraiserish film for no explanation. Beware, if you don't like Hellraiser wet effects, don't see the film. And to you people (like me) that like Hellraiser wet effects, nothing here is near as good as what you know. $1 movie fare.

Uhhh...

I'm trying to figure out how the movie was "confused and disorganized." I don't understand what that guy felt was left out... The story was told pretty completely.