PDA

View Full Version : What will happen with AGD?

mercury
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Well, I've been a member of these forums for a little while. I've been in and out of the game mainly because of military duties. Every time I've come back and everytime I bought a new (at least to me) Automag of some sort. I've been kind of hanging around reading these forums for a while and have recently started posting again and just getting back into things. I find a few references to AGD that bother me sometimes and these are the ones that are saying that AGD is going under, etc. I see that Tom has stepped down and such and wonder what this means (being deployed, I haven't had time to read the hundreds of posts regarding this.) I love my Mags and will probably always have one (even though I'm going to dabble in the electro revolution) but I wonder what will happen if the unthinkable happens and AGD does go under. One simple question of mine is whether or not we will be able to get replacement parts such as simple things like O-Rings. I'm dumping about $700 into a new Automag and worry that a year down the road, when I need new O-Rings, I won't be able to get any and be stuck with a marker that I can't use. Of course, I am just thinking aloud here. My biggest concern is that this company that brought me into the sport and has carried me through (along from many helpful members of this community it spawned) may not make it through this latest round of changes in paintball. I just want to hear some other opinions on this. Someone please tell me that these are all irrational concerns and that we will be around for some time to come. :)

kevdupuis
02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I think you'll find AGD will be around for quite a while yet. AGD has changed some with the political and economic enviroment and is concentrating mainly on the rec/scenario player.

Creative Mayhem
02-24-2005, 05:20 PM
you're going nuts... ;)

I wouldn't worry about spare parts(o-rings, shims, other neccesary parts), if for some ungodly reason it does happen, there will be some third party dealer that will more than likely step up to provide the neccesities.

mercury
02-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Good to see not everyone is preaching doom and gloom for AGD. I feel better now. :D

ColdFuzion
02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Nah, but if by some ungodly reason AGD goes down, I'll go with it.

-Cold

P.S.-Mercury, you lived in New Orleans (before you were deployed)? I live in Jackson, Mississippi. One of my teammates goes to Rocket Games in New Orleans all the time.

Maggot6
02-24-2005, 10:00 PM
AGD wont die. That's that.

Conversekidz
02-25-2005, 02:38 AM
AGD will die the day the government outlaws paintball.

I don't think that will ever happen though

mercury
02-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Nah, but if by some ungodly reason AGD goes down, I'll go with it.

-Cold

P.S.-Mercury, you lived in New Orleans (before you were deployed)? I live in Jackson, Mississippi. One of my teammates goes to Rocket Games in New Orleans all the time.

I've never been to Rocket Games. I play at a place called Paintball Planet there in New Orleans, which is an indoor field. I was only in town for a few months before I left though. I need to go find another place when I get back that is outdoors.

ntn4502
02-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Vegas odds are another 4 months

LONEWOLFOO1
02-25-2005, 12:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing i was going to buy a tac one but i stop soon as i heard tom was leaveing. i guess everybody feels the same way. i may still buy one but i feel wary about it though

Jeffy-CanCon
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
AGD will die the day the government outlaws paintball.

I don't think that will ever happen though

Even then, maybe not. They have already shown that they can do non-paintball work.

peewee
02-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Buy another mag!!! I don't understand the doom & gloom. All tom did was retire. The company is the same!!! AGD will rock on for some time.

FooTemps
02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
AGD wont' even die the day the government outlaws paintball because they have outside contracts with military and police... that is their main source of revenue.

CrimsonTurkey
02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
The worst that could happen, which is unlikely and would not make much buisness sense, would be if AGD stopped making markers for the general populace.

And if that happened Rogue and Coolhand would just get rich.

jewie27
02-26-2005, 02:55 AM
No worries, we on AO won't let AGD go anywhere.