PDA

View Full Version : Mango......you were right

Automaggin2
02-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Mango's workout thread
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167190&highlight=workout

After reading that threat, I decided to start working out again. I traded a pack of cigs a day with a gallon of milk, and switched my nights of drinking with nights in the gym. 2 Weeks in the gym, I am up 2 pounds on my weight, 10 pounds on my curls, and 20 pounds on my bench press. :headbang: Since I dont spend my money on alcohol or cigs anymore, I eat a lot more now. My calorie, protein, and carb intake has doubled. I look better, and feel 100 times better. I sleep better at night, feel less stressed out, and study more now.

The only problem I have so far is my joints, mostly knees and elbows, have been hurting.

Hopefully i'll keep this up, by end of summer I want to be up 15 pounds from where I'm at now.

:hail: Mango

Miscue
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
I on the other hand, have entirely ignored what Mango had to say. I ate a bag of Doritos, a giant sized donut, a couple Big Gulps, smoked a few stogies, and drove past a gym.

Z-man
02-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I on the other hand, have entirely ignored what Mango had to say. I ate a bag of Doritos, a giant sized donut, a couple Big Gulps, smoked a few stogies, and drove past a gym.

A rare post for me but I did actually bust out laughing after reading both those posts! Way to kill that one Brian ;)

WicKeD_WaYz
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM

hahahaha LOL!

and keep up the hard work Collin.

Miscue
02-24-2005, 07:55 PM
A rare post for me but I did actually bust out laughing after reading both those posts! Way to kill that one Brian ;)

:)

Seriously, I've been running some, doing stair climbers, and lift a bit. I need to take it up a couple notches though and eat a lot more.

SCpoloRicker
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM

:rofl: Good one, Brian!

/find the file! find the file!

MicroMiniMe
02-25-2005, 02:10 PM
The only problem I have so far is my joints, mostly knees and elbows, have been hurting.

:hail: Mango
Look into glucosamine supplements. Rebuilds wear a little faster.

SlipknotX556
02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Glad Mangos work out thingy is working for you.

I dont work out, I eat way to much and drink way to much soda and other stuff I shouldnt. But I dont gain weight, or get fat. Heres what I had today, between 6:30am-1:00pm, bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwhich, 2 slices of papa johns pizza, a foot long turkey sub and a 6" italian sub, its not even dinner time. I am a fatty :(.

SAW
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I dont work out, I eat way to much and drink way to much soda and other stuff I shouldnt. But I dont gain weight, or get fat. Heres what I had today, between 6:30am-1:00pm, bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwhich, 2 slices of papa johns pizza, a foot long turkey sub and a 6" italian sub, its not even dinner time. I am a fatty :(.
You and me both. Only I wrestle and run Track. :D

felony
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
dont think i ever saw mangos post.. but i started goin back to hte gym after a two year hiatus (post football and into college) and it feels damn good.

good luck with training

maglover728
02-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I just stopped by Subway after working out at the gym on the base I'm stationed at, and I want to lock Jarred (from subway commercials) in a racquet ball court (at that gym), and burn the place to the ground! :mad:
Yeah, I'm in shape! Pear shaped... :rofl:

WicKeD_WaYz
02-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I think if I stopped working out ide be the fattest kid in the world. I eat sooooo much but it all goes to good places when you work out :) Well most of it.

WicKeD_WaYz
02-25-2005, 04:54 PM
O ya I remember what I was gunna ask Mango now.

What are yours thoughts on how many times a week to hit each muscle group? Lots of "older" body builders work each muscle really hard only one day I week. I usually do a 3 day routine and hit the full body, then do it again. SOMETIMES Ill find myself too sore to do something even after 3 days if I hit the muscle really good. But for the most part I get every muscle 2ce a week. Thoughts? O ya and most of the time im on some sort of bulking routine not cutting if that matters.

thk ya

ryan

Python14
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I've listened to mango too and while I can't give you hard numbers, I can tell you I've been able to improve my off the break speeds, my flexibility, my overall speed, and more importantly, I look and feel better.

Automaggin2
02-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I do

Monday: Biceps, back, abs,
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders/traps
Friday: Biceps, Back, Abs
Saturday: off
Sunday: Cardio

MantisMag
02-25-2005, 05:28 PM
O ya I remember what I was gunna ask Mango now.

What are yours thoughts on how many times a week to hit each muscle group? Lots of "older" body builders work each muscle really hard only one day I week. I usually do a 3 day routine and hit the full body, then do it again. SOMETIMES Ill find myself too sore to do something even after 3 days if I hit the muscle really good. But for the most part I get every muscle 2ce a week. Thoughts? O ya and most of the time im on some sort of bulking routine not cutting if that matters.

thk ya

ryan
mango goes by hypertrophy specific training. you do full body during each workout and it's every other day or three times a week. there's a lot more to the training than that but there's the answer to your question.