PDA

View Full Version : A plus of being "Old"

bratch
02-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Looking at the FS ads I see stuff I've always wanted but was too cheap to buy. Its all cheap now cause that was a couple years ago and its all "outdated".

Score :cool:

trains are bad
02-24-2005, 10:06 PM
It's the same thing with me and bike parts. Riding is currently undergoing a lightweight trend, so the used market is flooded with lots of nice, sturdy bike parts that kids are replacing just to drop the weight.

TheTramp
02-25-2005, 10:30 AM
That's what I love about classic Timmy's. They are "old" and "crap" so they go for really cheap but if you put one of the many new boards into it and perhaps a clamshell frame then it's the same gun that are going for $800-$1000.

Jeffy-CanCon
02-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Looking at the FS ads I see stuff I've always wanted but was too cheap to buy. Its all cheap now cause that was a couple years ago and its all "outdated".

Score :cool:

Haha! Me, too. :) Gotta watch it, though... if we wait to long the "old" stuff becomes rare or "a collectors item"!

50 cal
02-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Wow, maybe I can find some "upgrades" to the 007's I have now. I upgraded the grips once to drop outs.

SCpoloRicker
02-25-2005, 12:17 PM
mmm... slider evolutions... :)

Jeffy-CanCon
02-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow, maybe I can find some "upgrades" to the 007's I have now. I upgraded the grips once to drop outs.

My 007 is almost fully tricked out. battle grips, combat pump & speed wheel! I just need an elbow to allow me to use a stick feeder, and to find one of the old wire-frame stocks.

hobbesTZ
02-25-2005, 01:40 PM
That's what I love about classic Timmy's. They are "old" and "crap" so they go for really cheap but if you put one of the many new boards into it and perhaps a clamshell frame then it's the same gun that are going for $800-$1000.

Amen to that :dance:

I should have my second classic tomorrow. Nothing wrong with them bone stock either.

TheTramp
02-25-2005, 01:45 PM
I should have my second classic tomorrow. Nothing wrong with them bone stock either.

I like to use an inline reg at least because I don't care for the re-charge rate of the HP dulie but other than that I think you're right. Personaly I put an Entropy board in mine and it's faster than the original stock board but I didn't "have" to do that.

hobbesTZ
02-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Both my classics came with inlines already, so that was all set. It's nice to have a back-up HP reg, which the Timmy provides without having to spend any extra $$. A new board definately couldn't hurt, because the delay eye logic isn't that great. You still have to set it to match your loader. But the classic board is still plenty fast when you put it in turbo or reactive :shooting:

TheTramp
02-25-2005, 02:04 PM
. But the classic board is still plenty fast when you put it in turbo or reactive :shooting:

Aren't we calling those "ramping" these days? ;)

I just got mine annoed and I made sure to include that ram sleeve cover that most people leave raw. It's going to be sweet.

hobbesTZ
02-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I was thinking of getting just the body annoed on mine. It has the green fade which isn't bad, but if I keep the clamshell I bought (RED) then it's gonna look ugly as sin. Maybe a bit christmasy, but otherwise ugly.

Automaggin2
02-25-2005, 06:30 PM
The original Angel LED, single trigger looks very pleasing to me. I started paintballing around the time it came out. I've wanted one ever since, and the price used dropped about......oooooo I'd say $900

PBkilla123
02-27-2005, 08:12 PM
I only get old guns when i know i can get upgrades

hardr0ck68
02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
yeah i totally agree, im sellin most of my gear now for a trip but when i get back im gonna try to track down an old 99 98 LED (whichever one had the trigger gaurd attached to the verty asa) know why i like them so much execpt they were TOP of the line when i got into tournys...and i remember people with slider FF cockers pretty much keepin up with them. The good old days

Hybrid
02-27-2005, 11:44 PM
lol, i felt that way a while back.

now ive got tons of stuff i couldnt see myself owning before. two laptops, two desktops, two paintball markers, etc.

i like being 23.

i just bought a 68 Automag Classic on Ebay, which i plan on tricking out. the classics never die.