http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=862977

master_alexander
02-26-2005, 04:20 PM
cool!

that is fast,
how did he do that? :confused:

Steelrat
02-26-2005, 05:38 PM
He made it bounce. Its just nice to prove that the "slower" closed bolt excal can be made to cycle well in excess of the speed any person can shoot at.

When I get the tadao board in my excal, its gonna be great to show that the excal can ramp as well as any other gun out there ;)

68magOwner
02-26-2005, 09:36 PM
When I get the tadao board in my excal, its gonna be great to show that the excal can ramp as well as any other gun out there ;)

and that will prove......?

(although i do want tadao in my viking :p )

Steelrat
02-26-2005, 10:37 PM
and that will prove......?

(although i do want tadao in my viking :p )

That the excal is perfectly capable of keeping up with the ramping guns I am increasingly seeing on the fields.

ProX9
02-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Just watch, when our guns start shooting as fast as the rampers were going to get checked, especially at scp, the advanced(regulars) players will say, "hey only our guns get to do that." Followed by, "Hey man its only cool to shoot through the net at other games when we do it." And a direct quote from the last time I played, "They made me chrono down to 265"(275 limit), "Ill turn it back up next round, I dont have my tool with me."

GT
02-27-2005, 02:50 AM
That the excal is perfectly capable of keeping up with the ramping guns I am increasingly seeing on the fields.

off topic,
you prefer the excal over a vik?

Target Practice
02-27-2005, 02:59 AM
You know, there is something inherently cool about an Excal. Mine has a Pandora on it, and it's fast as hell. I do get it to bounce, though.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but an Excal seems...elegant, sophisticated.

ProX9
02-27-2005, 03:36 AM
There is something about excals that makes them so sex when you shoot one, I just want mine to be faster, sure it does 28cps but it does like 13bps with paint most of the time. Excals are smoother and quieter than vikings and that would make them more accurate, on terms of kick not by shooting method(open vs closed). If my excal were faster Id be insanely happy, right now I like my old viking better.

GT
02-27-2005, 12:33 PM
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but an Excal seems...elegant, sophisticated.

well said!

Steelrat
02-27-2005, 12:36 PM
off topic,
you prefer the excal over a vik?

Excal. I just love the closed bolt firing cycle, and the overall feel of the gun. Everytime I try the viking again, I just go back to the excal.

I also enjoy shooting something that is rarely seen on the fields.

Steelrat
02-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Also, the 2k4 vikings have issues with chopping small paint. The excal has none of those problems.

minimag03
02-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Also, the 2k4 vikings have issues with chopping small paint. The excal has none of those problems.

The more I hear about the 04's, the more I think the 03s were better.

SCpoloRicker
02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
The more I hear about the 04's, the more I think the 03s were better.

:nods:

68magOwner
02-27-2005, 03:01 PM

ive only chopped once with mine in over 10 cases, and taht was with a revvy on AE delay 0ms, and as for small bor paint, i have used at least 2 cases that were smaller than my .685 back, with no chops at all

GT
02-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Excal. I just love the closed bolt firing cycle, and the overall feel of the gun. Everytime I try the viking again, I just go back to the excal.

I also enjoy shooting something that is rarely seen on the fields.

I really loved my eclipse shocker the only reason i sold it was fear of finding parts. Maybe i should start looking at excals again.

stondroopy
02-28-2005, 01:55 AM
He made it bounce. Its just nice to prove that the "slower" closed bolt excal can be made to cycle well in excess of the speed any person can shoot at.

plz tell me you decided to keep your excal??? :D

Steelrat
02-28-2005, 02:43 AM
plz tell me you decided to keep your excal??? :D

Well, I shot down offers for Ripper 2s, DM5s, e2 cocker 2 for 1s, and so on. I guess that means I probably never wanted to get rid of it in the first place ;)