PDA

View Full Version : Uh....

ascetic1
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey, sorry for being such a newb (dou'h) lol...but can anyone reccomend a good way to clean off goggles from a long and messy day of paintballing? haha they are seriously torn up, so were my clothes but they just went in the machine washer..ok thats all

purple
02-26-2005, 10:24 PM
go to wal mart and buy a can of denatured alcohol from the paint section, then mix 3 parts water with 1 part alcohol and put it in a spray bottle. ligtly spray lenses and wipe off with a cloth, lightly spray lenses again and wipe with a different, cleaner cloth, preferably very soft cotton like a t-shirt, try not to get the insides of your lenses wet. spray the rest of the mask down with that solution and clean off with a toothbrush if you must have it perfectly clean and wipe dry. always make sure to keep water off the inside of the lens

Purple

SAW
02-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Spray bottle with water and a soft towel. Spray the lens, then use the towel as a squeege. Try and get the water off with the least number of wipes.

Steelrat
02-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Get some stuff called Plexus. It is THE best cleaner ever made for plastic google lenses. Just use some microfiber towels with it, and make sure you buff the lenses dry after application. I use microfiber towels I bought cheap at Cosco.

Deathshadow9k
02-26-2005, 11:04 PM
plexus is good stuff, it not only can be used as a cleaner but it is also a plastic repairant and is used for repairing scratches on lexan in non-paintball situations all the time. (ie: snowboarding and skiing goggles)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-26-2005, 11:46 PM
bottle of water + paper towels

spray the lense 2-3 times, and one clean wipe from left to right (or right to left)

ascetic1
02-26-2005, 11:48 PM
thanks for the info guys

Steelrat
02-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Ahhh, dont use paper towels on lenses. Scratch-o-rama.

SAW
02-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Microfiber > Rag/Dishcloth > Paper Towels

Steelrat
02-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Microfiber > Rag/Dishcloth > Paper Towels

100% right. You can buy a pack of something like 15-20 microfiber towels for about $10 at Cosco, and they work perfectly.

tony3
02-27-2005, 12:11 AM
At a tourney I was in a few months ago, we got 2nd and they gave us a box of random stuff and ER google cleaner was in it, I swear by this stuff, works great. This is what I do. Clean rag, wipe down googles and make sure there is zero paint on it, spray lense 3 times, wipe off, repeat 1 more time. My lense is always super clean.

urbansix
02-27-2005, 06:40 AM
At the last game someone recommended vinegar-water in a spray bottle for general cleanup, and it's acrylic-friendly. Been using that quite a bit ever since - about 1 part distilled white vinegar to 3 parts water. Would n't recommend balsamic, though. :p but whatever you use DO NOT use Windex - that stuff eats plasic lenses!!

kevdupuis
02-27-2005, 11:36 AM
And all I do is use the shower, some liquid soap and an old toothbrush to clean my masks, shake the excess water off and let air dry over night. ;)

paintballr87
02-27-2005, 12:44 PM
All I do is just pop the lense out of my profiler, take it to some water rinse if off all over dry the out side and pat the inide dry, if it am still paying I just spray the outside and wipe if off, all I use is water.

kurama
02-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I soak it in water and airdry it. It works very well.

master_alexander
02-27-2005, 01:08 PM
mix 1 part dish soap and 9 parts water
put it in a spray bottle and wipe both sides of the mask in and out, clean with a t shirt

works for me :D

Thordic
02-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Best way is to take the lenses out and just dump the whole thing into a bucket of water or a sink full of water.

Unless you have JT goggles, in which case buy a goggle system with a better lens :)

After playing I always clean my morphs by just popping hte lens out and dunking everything in water.

ascetic1
02-28-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah, i used a wet towel, and dried with towel too...i will try to get ahold of this lens cleaner as well...i think im gona throw the casing in the washer machine cuz paint is all over the strap lol...and what is a good pair of goggles to get? mine fog up alot and i was thinking of getting just thermal lenses and replacing, cann that be done or do i need a new mask set? thanks again :clap:

sabrefanpc
02-28-2005, 10:24 PM
depends what kind of goggles you have

and thermals are definately the way to go

68magOwner
02-28-2005, 10:27 PM
take out lens, clean with water (i use a spray bottle) and a nice soft rag

Beauty
03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
We just keep a few spray bottles around. Actually, I wear glasses and I have that spray cleaner and a microfiber cloth I use for them and tried it on my goggles and it works great.

I was telling my husband we should just run all the goggles through the dishwasher. He thought I was crazy. Has anyone done this before?

Thordic
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't trust that much heat on my goggles. It could damage them.

Doobie
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I have a spray hose attachment for my tub. I take my Gogs apart and then spray it all down. I then let it all air dry and use a very soft clean cloth to wipe off the water spots from the lens. I use no cleaning solutions.