PDA

View Full Version : Lesta, negative feedback

Restola
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
I bought an emag from him. He described it as an "excellent shooter" with level 10 "installed and tuned".

First the good parts:
It looks great. He probably understated how good the marker looks in his post. Everything matches perfectly, and the barrel kit was in fabulous shape. He also included a barrel bag which I wasn't expecting. He was easy to communicate with, and shipped the marker quickly.

Next the "little annoyances" parts
As far as the level 10 goes, it hurt like heck when I stuck my finger in there. And it shattered a plastic pen (I probably should have tried the pen first). So technically the level 10 was "installed", but it was certainly not tuned. A larger spring fixed this, so it wasn't a big deal.

The bumper (the rubber ring behind the bolt) was also absolutely in shreds when I took the valve off. So I immediately had to buy a parts kit to replace it. I would have bought one eventually anyways, so not a huge deal.

During the buying process he also gave me the wrong paypal address at first. Although I cancelled the payment easily, it still took several days to get the first $700 back from paypal. Not a big issue, something to keep in mind.

Now the bad parts:
The gun does not fire in mech mode, at all. In e-mode the gun fires...sort of. In any rapid fire it makes strange "pfft" sounds every other shot or so. Definately an issue (which is still going on). I've received a ton of advice on different things that may be causing this, but I have been unable to fix either issue.

Conclusion:
This is my 2nd emag, and probably my 6th AGD marker, so I'm not a stranger to playing with these markers (not saying I'm any kind of expert, just not new to this). So I spent $700 on an "excellent shooter" of an emag, and 4 days later am shipping it off to have it fixed for a cost of at least $50 (assuming no parts need replaced).

I haven't spoken to Lesta yet about the problems, so its possible he may do something about it in the future (and I will certainly update this post). But I'm still pretty frustrated at the whole situation...and if I hear "gee, it worked when I shipped it" I don't know what I would do. I would definately not buy another marker from him. Either he doesn't know enough to clean and test the marker, he didn't care, or he lied. Any of those options make him an unacceptable seller in my opinion.

(I intentionally made this a new thread)